Three weeks on Reta and feeling great

RanHerOver

Explorer
Joined
Apr 22, 2026
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Italy
I took my first dose of reta on april 6th, so I'm 3 weeks in now. Starting point: 70kg (154lbs) at 172cm. Current: 67kg (157lbs). Dose is 1mg per week.

No food noise at all.

My weight loss isn't matching what a lot of you are seeing, but my guess is that's because I wasn't obese to begin with, plus I'm in the gym lifting every single day and I take creatine.

Once I started counting calories, I realized my protein intake was way off target (I should be getting about 140g, but I was only managing maybe 40g!). So now that I've fixed my protein and I'm on reta, I figure I'm doing a body recomp — dropping fat while adding muscle — which means my body fat % goes down but the scale doesn't move as quickly.

I can see the difference, though. My body is leaner. A coworker even mentioned my face looks a bit thinner (in a healthy way!) and honestly, when I check myself out in the gym mirror, I look really good.

Not sure if I'll titrate up to 2mg. Doesn't seem necessary.

That's all. Just felt like sharing.
 
RanHerOver said:

I took my first dose of reta on april 6th, so I'm 3 weeks in now. Starting point: 70kg (154lbs) at 172cm. Current: 67kg (157lbs). Dose is 1mg per week.

No food noise at all.

My weight loss isn't matching what a lot of you are seeing, but my guess is that's because I wasn't obese to begin with, plus I'm in the gym lifting every single day and I take creatine.

Once I started counting calories, I realized my protein intake was way off target (I should be getting about 140g, but I was only managing maybe 40g!). So now that I've fixed my protein and I'm on reta, I figure I'm doing a body recomp — dropping fat while adding muscle — which means my body fat % goes down but the scale doesn't move as quickly.

I can see the difference, though. My body is leaner. A coworker even mentioned my face looks a bit thinner (in a healthy way!) and honestly, when I check myself out in the gym mirror, I look really good.

Not sure if I'll titrate up to 2mg. Doesn't seem necessary.

That's all. Just felt like sharing.
If you're doing weight training, muscle is denser than fat, so that explains the number on the scale—nothing to stress over, man 🙂 as long as you like what you see in the mirror as well!
 
I began Reta on the 6th of April as well. Week 1 was .5mg, week 2 was 1mg, and week 3 was 2mg. After increasing from 1mg to 2mg, I clearly noticed the effects for several days. It might have been smoother to go up by .5mg each time, but for now I'm keeping to 2mg once weekly for a while. Tomorrow I'll take 2mg again. During the first 3 weeks, my weight dropped from 180 lbs. to 172 lbs.
 
RanHerOver said:

I took my first dose of reta on april 6th, so I'm 3 weeks in now. Starting point: 70kg (154lbs) at 172cm. Current: 67kg (157lbs). Dose is 1mg per week.

No food noise at all.

My weight loss isn't matching what a lot of you are seeing, but my guess is that's because I wasn't obese to begin with, plus I'm in the gym lifting every single day and I take creatine.

Once I started counting calories, I realized my protein intake was way off target (I should be getting about 140g, but I was only managing maybe 40g!). So now that I've fixed my protein and I'm on reta, I figure I'm doing a body recomp — dropping fat while adding muscle — which means my body fat % goes down but the scale doesn't move as quickly.

I can see the difference, though. My body is leaner. A coworker even mentioned my face looks a bit thinner (in a healthy way!) and honestly, when I check myself out in the gym mirror, I look really good.

Not sure if I'll titrate up to 2mg. Doesn't seem necessary.

That's all. Just felt like sharing.
At 70kg and 172cm, that seems to me like an ideal BMI. Not trying to judge, just putting it out there...
 
ultima thule said:

RanHerOver said:

I took my first dose of reta on april 6th, so I'm 3 weeks in now. Starting point: 70kg (154lbs) at 172cm. Current: 67kg (157lbs). Dose is 1mg per week.

No food noise at all.

My weight loss isn't matching what a lot of you are seeing, but my guess is that's because I wasn't obese to begin with, plus I'm in the gym lifting every single day and I take creatine.

Once I started counting calories, I realized my protein intake was way off target (I should be getting about 140g, but I was only managing maybe 40g!). So now that I've fixed my protein and I'm on reta, I figure I'm doing a body recomp — dropping fat while adding muscle — which means my body fat % goes down but the scale doesn't move as quickly.

I can see the difference, though. My body is leaner. A coworker even mentioned my face looks a bit thinner (in a healthy way!) and honestly, when I check myself out in the gym mirror, I look really good.

Not sure if I'll titrate up to 2mg. Doesn't seem necessary.

That's all. Just felt like sharing.
At 70kg and 172cm, that seems to me like an ideal BMI. Not trying to judge, just putting it out there...
Yeah, I get it — reta wasn't something I actually needed. But I was set on getting shredded, and the food noise was relentless (any time I was working from home, I just kept snacking and couldn't stop!!)
 
RanHerOver said:

ultima thule said:

RanHerOver said:

I took my first dose of reta on april 6th, so I'm 3 weeks in now. Starting point: 70kg (154lbs) at 172cm. Current: 67kg (157lbs). Dose is 1mg per week.

No food noise at all.

My weight loss isn't matching what a lot of you are seeing, but my guess is that's because I wasn't obese to begin with, plus I'm in the gym lifting every single day and I take creatine.

Once I started counting calories, I realized my protein intake was way off target (I should be getting about 140g, but I was only managing maybe 40g!). So now that I've fixed my protein and I'm on reta, I figure I'm doing a body recomp — dropping fat while adding muscle — which means my body fat % goes down but the scale doesn't move as quickly.

I can see the difference, though. My body is leaner. A coworker even mentioned my face looks a bit thinner (in a healthy way!) and honestly, when I check myself out in the gym mirror, I look really good.

Not sure if I'll titrate up to 2mg. Doesn't seem necessary.

That's all. Just felt like sharing.
At 70kg and 172cm, that seems to me like an ideal BMI. Not trying to judge, just putting it out there...
Yeah, I get it — reta wasn't something I actually needed. But I was set on getting shredded, and the food noise was relentless (any time I was working from home, I just kept snacking and couldn't stop!!)
Now it all adds up 👍
 
RanHerOver said:

ultima thule said:

RanHerOver said:

I took my first dose of reta on april 6th, so I'm 3 weeks in now. Starting point: 70kg (154lbs) at 172cm. Current: 67kg (157lbs). Dose is 1mg per week.

No food noise at all.

My weight loss isn't matching what a lot of you are seeing, but my guess is that's because I wasn't obese to begin with, plus I'm in the gym lifting every single day and I take creatine.

Once I started counting calories, I realized my protein intake was way off target (I should be getting about 140g, but I was only managing maybe 40g!). So now that I've fixed my protein and I'm on reta, I figure I'm doing a body recomp — dropping fat while adding muscle — which means my body fat % goes down but the scale doesn't move as quickly.

I can see the difference, though. My body is leaner. A coworker even mentioned my face looks a bit thinner (in a healthy way!) and honestly, when I check myself out in the gym mirror, I look really good.

Not sure if I'll titrate up to 2mg. Doesn't seem necessary.

That's all. Just felt like sharing.
At 70kg and 172cm, that seems to me like an ideal BMI. Not trying to judge, just putting it out there...
Yeah, I get it — reta wasn't something I actually needed. But I was set on getting shredded, and the food noise was relentless (any time I was working from home, I just kept snacking and couldn't stop!!)
It's wild — I'm in the exact same spot! I began 3 weeks ago too. Losing weight isn't my goal; I just want to be completely shredded. And I'm getting quite close. Currently I'm 133 lbs. My starting point was 148 lbs when I took my first reta dose. I'm also nearly the same height as you at 5'9". At this stage, each half a pound to a pound creates a huge visual change. It's crazy. Every day I get up, check the mirror, and look more and more freakier.
 
Back
Top