Thoughts on sharing a vial with a spouse?

kugelblitz

Explorer
Joined
Jun 8, 2026
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
Location
European Union
Hi. My wife and I had been using liraglutide, which was prescribed by a doctor, but the expense forced us to quit.

Now we're making the change to reta. I've already begun, and she'll be starting before long.

Our plan is to mix up 1 vial at a time and have us both pull from that same vial. Compared with reconstituting 2 separate vials, this strikes us as far more efficient, particularly in the beginning while our doses remain low.

I'm well aware, of course, that sharing needles is absolutely out of the question. But if every needle and syringe (BAC water mixing ones included) is used exactly once and each one only punctures the vial a single time, does sharing 1 vial carry any risk that having a vial each would not?

The other option would be to purchase empty sterile vials and divide the contents after reconstitution, though I can't tell whether that's meaningfully safer. It would certainly be more of a hassle.
 
My spouse and I have been doing this regularly. At this point she uses fewer peptides than I do, but every day we still draw from the same GHK cu vial. We each use our own syringe, though the vial itself is shared.

Your point makes sense — splitting a vial is the smarter route. Degradation sets in after a limited time, so finishing it faster and then preparing a fresh one beats having separate vials for each person.
 
As long as you follow good hygiene, splitting a vial is perfectly okay. The one thing to watch out for is adjusting the dose if the two of you are on different amounts.

When it comes to pens, though, sharing is absolutely out of the question.
 
A better route: get 2 pens, then divide them between 2 cartridges.

That way, you avoid the vibe of 2 addicts passing around one dose. Plus, there are plenty of other intriguing ways for a couple to feel close.
 
Cross exposure isn't a concern here, and nothing goes wrong. There are even a few upsides. Reconstituted vials get finished sooner, which helps with both degradation and sterility. And you can buy bigger vial sizes yet still use them within the suggested timeframe, bringing the cost per mg down.
 
When it's time for our injections, the vial gets handed back and forth — I draw what I need, then she draws hers. It's simply another one of the countless activities we share. Take pleasure in those little shared moments. For years now, we've had a lot of good times just doing ordinary things side by side.
 
As long as you keep things clean, there's no problem using the same vial together.

Whether it's the vial or the peptide itself, having 1 person or several people draw from it makes no difference — the only thing that changes is that it runs out sooner.

Which is actually a positive.
 
d295f65ed5c375a4fac647fb645a45724b81a0c2cfb63d3c2352aee8babba036.gif
 
Honestly, the vial has no idea who it's being injected into. With R50–60 vials in particular, splitting one between two people seems more practical than reconstituting two separate vials, given that BAC water generally means you shouldn't keep it beyond 28 days after mixing.

That being said, plenty of people — me included — occasionally stretch use a couple of weeks past that point.
 
I split an R60 vial among 5 people total.

As long as the needle isn't reused between us, there's no issue.

With my wife, we also swap pens, but we always put on fresh needles.

That said, sharing a pen with somebody outside our household would strike me as odd.
 
It really comes down to the amount you're pinning and what's in the vial. My wife began at the same time I did, early January. I've stuck with 2 vials every time. The first were R10, we were pinning 2mg, and each vial gave us 5 shots apiece. Then came R30 at a higher dose. Up next is 2-R60, and at 9mg we'll each get 7 doses.

What dose are you beginning with, and what size vial?
 
If a group of people share a bottle of milk, that's fine as long as each person pours into their own glass.

What's strange is when multiple people drink straight from the same bottle, mouths touching it.
 
Same as everyone else's advice, though one thing bears repeating: before each and every needle insertion — reconstitution included — you should wipe the vial's stopper with an alcohol swab. That's standard practice regardless, and it matters even more when more than 1 person is drawing from the same container.
 
Oldguy said:

When it's time for our injections, the vial gets handed back and forth — I draw what I need, then she draws hers. It's simply another one of the countless activities we share. Take pleasure in those little shared moments. For years now, we've had a lot of good times just doing ordinary things side by side.

In our house, I'm the one who handles reconstituting and drawing up every dose. Once the syringe is loaded, I just pass it to my wife. I also need to cap the needle and hand over an alcohol wipe. She's nicknamed me the lab guy.

nitetrak said:

If a group of people share a bottle of milk, that's fine as long as each person pours into their own glass.

What's strange is when multiple people drink straight from the same bottle, mouths touching it.

Does that make this the pricier version of sitting on my cousin's uncle's lawn in flimsy folding chairs with my buddies, passing a paper-bagged Colt 45 around?
 
indolent said:

Same as everyone else's advice, though one thing bears repeating: before each and every needle insertion — reconstitution included — you should wipe the vial's stopper with an alcohol swab. That's standard practice regardless, and it matters even more when more than 1 person is drawing from the same container.
Before handing it over, I give the top a lick 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
 
rkbleddyn said:

Oldguy said:

When it's time for our injections, the vial gets handed back and forth — I draw what I need, then she draws hers. It's simply another one of the countless activities we share. Take pleasure in those little shared moments. For years now, we've had a lot of good times just doing ordinary things side by side.

In our house, I'm the one who handles reconstituting and drawing up every dose. Once the syringe is loaded, I just pass it to my wife. I also need to cap the needle and hand over an alcohol wipe. She's nicknamed me the lab guy.

nitetrak said:

If a group of people share a bottle of milk, that's fine as long as each person pours into their own glass.

What's strange is when multiple people drink straight from the same bottle, mouths touching it.

Does that make this the pricier version of sitting on my cousin's uncle's lawn in flimsy folding chairs with my buddies, passing a paper-bagged Colt 45 around?
Lucky you. In my house I'm the one doing the drawing, the alcohol swab, and the injection. I keep telling her to take the doctor role, but she refuses to play along.
 
bada bing said:

Cross exposure isn't a concern here, and nothing goes wrong. There are even a few upsides. Reconstituted vials get finished sooner, which helps with both degradation and sterility. And you can buy bigger vial sizes yet still use them within the suggested timeframe, bringing the cost per mg down.
Anyone who refuses to split a vial with their own husband or wife is, in my view, an insufferable clean-freak and ought to be sleeping out in the garage.... you two have already swapped fluids and in all likelihood have stuck a tongue, a finger or a dick up her rear, so relax....
 
kugelblitz said:

Hi. My wife and I had been using liraglutide, which was prescribed by a doctor, but the expense forced us to quit.

Now we're making the change to reta. I've already begun, and she'll be starting before long.

Our plan is to mix up 1 vial at a time and have us both pull from that same vial. Compared with reconstituting 2 separate vials, this strikes us as far more efficient, particularly in the beginning while our doses remain low.

I'm well aware, of course, that sharing needles is absolutely out of the question. But if every needle and syringe (BAC water mixing ones included) is used exactly once and each one only punctures the vial a single time, does sharing 1 vial carry any risk that having a vial each would not?

The other option would be to purchase empty sterile vials and divide the contents after reconstitution, though I can't tell whether that's meaningfully safer. It would certainly be more of a hassle.
In hospitals, vials get used by multiple patients routinely. Caution only becomes necessary once something has been injected into someone. When you mix a vial and then pull from it into a syringe for injection, the vial stays clean, so a fresh syringe can draw from it again.
 
Back
Top