TurnipMate said:
What stands out to me is that my own side effects stay quite mild, which got me wondering whether people who respond poorly to these peptides also tend to have a muted reaction on the side effect front. A friend of mine splits a kit with me, and 3 mg of reta per week leaves him completely drained; any bump beyond that and he cannot hold down food. My own past includes a long stretch of losing weight successfully through natural dieting, but since I stopped weighing every meal, I have noticed that keeping from overeating takes fairly high doses. Elora is new to me — what is it supposed to do? In the end I landed on a mix of peptides and doses that gives me adequate appetite suppression, though I suspect the same side effects would flatten someone with a normal response.
I’m in the low responder group too, though my path looked different — I’d known about GLP1s for some time, but didn’t actually start until last year.
I bypassed Sema/Tirz, the “old school” options, and jumped straight to Reta, the newer/shiny one. Over 16 weeks I slowly titrated up to 12mg.
Right away I got stomach fullness and terrible acid reflux. Sadly, appetite suppression was completely absent — I was extremely hungry. It wasn’t even “food noise” — I was ravenous!
The reflux happened 24/7 and got worse when I tried to sleep. Avoiding food for 8 hours before bed changed nothing. My gut was miserable, and from my starting weight I had only dropped 4 pounds total.
I drastically reduced the Reta and introduced 2mg of Cagri for its (supposed) appetite benefits… After 2 months, that myth was dead as well.
Now I’m at 4mg of Survodutide. 2 months in, I’ve lost 9 pounds, have no reflux at all, sleep great, and my heartbeat is mostly normal.
Clearly a completely different outcome from yours, TurnipGuy, since all I got were side effects!