This pen, seriously (probably my fault)

Joined
Sep 22, 2025
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
Location
Oklahoma
What might be going on with this v1?

For a month or two it worked without issue.

My plan was to use it for 5 units of KPV each day, but no liquid comes out until I dial it up to 10 units, and even after that it drips out extremely slowly, far longer than it should. Sorry if this question already exists somewhere! 🙏
 
Maybe the spring doing the pushing isn’t strong enough.

Which needle gauge are you on? If it’s 34g or 32g, you might want to switch to a 31g. Because the smaller needles have such a narrow exit diameter, the medication being pushed may not be able to come out.
 
I've mentioned this in the past. Since pens have more intricate mechanics, they will inevitably break down at some point. It's only a question of timing, not possibility. That's enough to put me off using them entirely.

A syringe simply functions and stays accurate every time.
 
I shared this video previously, though not every Peptide Pen is made to the same standard. In it, he demonstrates a method for checking a pen.

The pen I bought on Amazon for $62 turned out to be garbage. On 4 of every 5 uses, the amount it delivered came in well below what was shown—roughly 3.5 or 4 units rather than 10. I sent it back and picked up a number of pens from peppens instead; I still haven't wrapped up testing them, so I don't have results to share at this point.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJdzUaAEC4o
 
DrPEPr said:

I've mentioned this in the past. Since pens have more intricate mechanics, they will inevitably break down at some point. It's only a question of timing, not possibility. That's enough to put me off using them entirely.

A syringe simply functions and stays accurate every time.
It's easy to see the appeal of pens, since plenty of folks seem to use them and enjoy them. Still, I'm with you on this one. What's the point of adding extra steps? A straightforward syringe does the job—just inject and you're done.
 
Convenience isn't the only reason to use pens.

When you're pinning every day, a pen is a logical choice. From picking it up to finishing takes about 20 sec. With a syringe, I doubt I could get it done in under 2-3 minutes. That's a massive time savings.

Another case: injecting into your glute (something painful, like GHK, for instance). I made the switch to pens initially while I was working out how to contort myself enough to hit my lower glute with an insulin syringe.

What surprised me was how much quality differs. The pens from peppens.com, which I began using after finding out how terrible the hunk-o-junk Amazon one I'd bought was, have really impressed me.
 
deluge said:

Convenience isn't the only reason to use pens.

When you're pinning every day, a pen is a logical choice. From picking it up to finishing takes about 20 sec. With a syringe, I doubt I could get it done in under 2-3 minutes. That's a massive time savings.

Another case: injecting into your glute (something painful, like GHK, for instance). I made the switch to pens initially while I was working out how to contort myself enough to hit my lower glute with an insulin syringe.

What surprised me was how much quality differs. The pens from peppens.com, which I began using after finding out how terrible the hunk-o-junk Amazon one I'd bought was, have really impressed me.

Once you get a Gansulin autoinjector, you’ll see what I mean. Total game changer. I’d love to have 10 of them.
 
Yeah, I had a feeling it was only a question of time before it started acting up on me. Doesn’t matter though, I’m due for a new pen regardless 👍 Those suggestions are really solid, appreciate it!

I’ll definitely pick up another pen to test, since honestly it’s enjoyable🤷‍♀️ That said, I went ahead and got the 6mm 30 unit syringes too, and the difference in pain was massive, plus the shorter barrel was so much simpler to deal with.
 
Sid the SeaGull said:

Maybe the spring doing the pushing isn’t strong enough.

Which needle gauge are you on? If it’s 34g or 32g, you might want to switch to a 31g. Because the smaller needles have such a narrow exit diameter, the medication being pushed may not be able to come out.

Never used a V1 myself — do those work off a spring?

I figured manual ones just get pushed by hand?

Picked up a GansuPen 2 auto injector a couple of weeks back and I'm pretty let down by it.

Roughly half the times I've used it, it stalls partway through the injection.

Tried doubling the dilution, swapping needles, changing carts, and bringing it up to room temp — barely helped.

From what people say so far, these things are fussy about which carts you use, yet nobody can pin down what to actually check for. Out of my first 5 carts, 2 did the job. I've got another batch coming from a different supplier — that's my last attempt before I bin it. 😆
 
deluge said:

Convenience isn't the only reason to use pens.

When you're pinning every day, a pen is a logical choice. From picking it up to finishing takes about 20 sec. With a syringe, I doubt I could get it done in under 2-3 minutes. That's a massive time savings.

Another case: injecting into your glute (something painful, like GHK, for instance). I made the switch to pens initially while I was working out how to contort myself enough to hit my lower glute with an insulin syringe.

What surprised me was how much quality differs. The pens from peppens.com, which I began using after finding out how terrible the hunk-o-junk Amazon one I'd bought was, have really impressed me.
Because I get my weekly sysinges ready ahead of time, saving time isn’t a concern in my case.

I’m not really sure what makes the glute your spot of choice (for GHK-Cu*, I use my abdomen), though if that’s where you inject, a pen probably does make somewhat more sense.

Naturally, that’s only what works for me. Neither approach is right or wrong.

*To cut the sting way down, add extra BAC water when you mix your GHK-Cu.
 
Mayostardayonnaise said:

Yeah, I had a feeling it was only a question of time before it started acting up on me. Doesn’t matter though, I’m due for a new pen regardless 👍 Those suggestions are really solid, appreciate it!

I’ll definitely pick up another pen to test, since honestly it’s enjoyable🤷‍♀️ That said, I went ahead and got the 6mm 30 unit syringes too, and the difference in pain was massive, plus the shorter barrel was so much simpler to deal with.
I haven't used pens myself, but one thing I'm sure of: 30g moves much more freely than 31g or anything thinner.
 
DrPEPr said:

I've mentioned this in the past. Since pens have more intricate mechanics, they will inevitably break down at some point. It's only a question of timing, not possibility. That's enough to put me off using them entirely.

A syringe simply functions and stays accurate every time.
Sure, plenty of pens are junk. That said, the ones I reach for most often came from Eli Lilly and were designed for insulin delivery. Their accuracy is something I trust a lot.

I’ve verified the calibration on all of my pens thoroughly with 0.001g gold scales, and every one has been spot on.

There are a number of reasons I only use pens.

To start with, I filter everything, and a pen cart costs far less than a sterile vial.

Next, pens produce much less waste. My sharps bin lasts roughly 10x longer.

Then there’s the fact that after starting GHK, needles that have gone through a vial sting. Sure, I could use Luer lock syringes and swap needles, but that runs into the point above.

Reason four: my vision isn’t the best, and seeing 10 on a pen is much simpler than seeing 10 on a syringe.

Fifth: the side indicators are surprisingly accurate, so it’s far easier to tell how many units remain.

Sixth: I’m just bad at drawing peps from a vial without either introducing air bubbles or coming up short on syringe volume.

Seventh: portability

Eighth: I simply enjoy gadgets

Ninth: my fridge is simpler to keep organised.
 
AlexSilver said:

deluge said:

Convenience isn't the only reason to use pens.

When you're pinning every day, a pen is a logical choice. From picking it up to finishing takes about 20 sec. With a syringe, I doubt I could get it done in under 2-3 minutes. That's a massive time savings.

Another case: injecting into your glute (something painful, like GHK, for instance). I made the switch to pens initially while I was working out how to contort myself enough to hit my lower glute with an insulin syringe.

What surprised me was how much quality differs. The pens from peppens.com, which I began using after finding out how terrible the hunk-o-junk Amazon one I'd bought was, have really impressed me.

Once you get a Gansulin autoinjector, you’ll see what I mean. Total game changer. I’d love to have 10 of them.
Convipens work identically, only they come in blue- and cost WAY less!
 
FlowerFairy said:

AlexSilver said:

deluge said:

Convenience isn't the only reason to use pens.

When you're pinning every day, a pen is a logical choice. From picking it up to finishing takes about 20 sec. With a syringe, I doubt I could get it done in under 2-3 minutes. That's a massive time savings.

Another case: injecting into your glute (something painful, like GHK, for instance). I made the switch to pens initially while I was working out how to contort myself enough to hit my lower glute with an insulin syringe.

What surprised me was how much quality differs. The pens from peppens.com, which I began using after finding out how terrible the hunk-o-junk Amazon one I'd bought was, have really impressed me.

Once you get a Gansulin autoinjector, you’ll see what I mean. Total game changer. I’d love to have 10 of them.
Convipens work identically, only they come in blue- and cost WAY less!
The cart holders aren't exactly the same, though. From what I understand, the Gansulin uses an older design that breaks more easily.
 
UncrossSelector said:

FlowerFairy said:

AlexSilver said:

deluge said:

Convenience isn't the only reason to use pens.

When you're pinning every day, a pen is a logical choice. From picking it up to finishing takes about 20 sec. With a syringe, I doubt I could get it done in under 2-3 minutes. That's a massive time savings.

Another case: injecting into your glute (something painful, like GHK, for instance). I made the switch to pens initially while I was working out how to contort myself enough to hit my lower glute with an insulin syringe.

What surprised me was how much quality differs. The pens from peppens.com, which I began using after finding out how terrible the hunk-o-junk Amazon one I'd bought was, have really impressed me.

Once you get a Gansulin autoinjector, you’ll see what I mean. Total game changer. I’d love to have 10 of them.
Convipens work identically, only they come in blue- and cost WAY less!
The cart holders aren't exactly the same, though. From what I understand, the Gansulin uses an older design that breaks more easily.
Based on plenty of customer feedback I went through, I got the impression it was the other way around.
 
AlexSilver said:

UncrossSelector said:

FlowerFairy said:

AlexSilver said:

deluge said:

Convenience isn't the only reason to use pens.

When you're pinning every day, a pen is a logical choice. From picking it up to finishing takes about 20 sec. With a syringe, I doubt I could get it done in under 2-3 minutes. That's a massive time savings.

Another case: injecting into your glute (something painful, like GHK, for instance). I made the switch to pens initially while I was working out how to contort myself enough to hit my lower glute with an insulin syringe.

What surprised me was how much quality differs. The pens from peppens.com, which I began using after finding out how terrible the hunk-o-junk Amazon one I'd bought was, have really impressed me.

Once you get a Gansulin autoinjector, you’ll see what I mean. Total game changer. I’d love to have 10 of them.
Convipens work identically, only they come in blue- and cost WAY less!
The cart holders aren't exactly the same, though. From what I understand, the Gansulin uses an older design that breaks more easily.
Based on plenty of customer feedback I went through, I got the impression it was the other way around.
I might have the whole thing reversed.

There are folks I'm not allowed to name who offer 3D printed holders as replacements.
 
UncrossSelector said:

FlowerFairy said:

AlexSilver said:

deluge said:

Convenience isn't the only reason to use pens.

When you're pinning every day, a pen is a logical choice. From picking it up to finishing takes about 20 sec. With a syringe, I doubt I could get it done in under 2-3 minutes. That's a massive time savings.

Another case: injecting into your glute (something painful, like GHK, for instance). I made the switch to pens initially while I was working out how to contort myself enough to hit my lower glute with an insulin syringe.

What surprised me was how much quality differs. The pens from peppens.com, which I began using after finding out how terrible the hunk-o-junk Amazon one I'd bought was, have really impressed me.

Once you get a Gansulin autoinjector, you’ll see what I mean. Total game changer. I’d love to have 10 of them.
Convipens work identically, only they come in blue- and cost WAY less!
The cart holders aren't exactly the same, though. From what I understand, the Gansulin uses an older design that breaks more easily.
Really? That's news to me. So that's why a certain vendor made a 3D printed cart holder for the gansulin.. mystery solved!
 
Mayostardayonnaise said:

What might be going on with this v1?

For a month or two it worked without issue.

My plan was to use it for 5 units of KPV each day, but no liquid comes out until I dial it up to 10 units, and even after that it drips out extremely slowly, far longer than it should. Sorry if this question already exists somewhere! 🙏
5U is on the low side, I'll admit. For the sake of accuracy I aim to keep it above 10. I've got a V1 pen myself that skips the first click but is otherwise +/-1U, and even so I leave it in the drawer. If you haven't done it yet, a syringe test is a must. With an autoinjector such as Gansulin/Bird/Convi, my suspicion would fall more on the high gauge needles (anything >30ga). Their springs can be a bit sluggish (though the click should still be audible).

Sounds like the goal is 0.25mg out of a 10mg/2ml cart. To pin that low, I'd recon into 2 carts (4ml total) so each shot lands at 10U. They'll still be finished within the same 40days, and the unused one carries less contamination risk. If you have a record of how much has gone in already (say 50U), you could add more BAC (say 150U) into the cart to dilute the concentration. Just don't send the plunger out the back!

One last thing. Is there a bubble of any noticeable size sitting in the cart? That can make it REALLY slow, since the bubble has to compress before any liquid oozes out. As for stuck plungers, they typically behave fine after they break loose.
 
Back
Top