This new sleep combo finally has me getting real rest!

Mr. Blonde

Explorer
Joined
Jun 18, 2025
Messages
303
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Sleep has been a struggle and I've cycled through a lot of options. Glycine, magnesium glycinate, ZMAs — those gave me results at first. The problem is that after a while they stop working as well, so I keep having to switch things up.

Recently I added a 3-part stack: L theanine, Ashwaghanda, and melatonin tablets at 5mg.

Everything comes from NOW brand. It doesn't cost much and it does the job. I take 1 of each right before turning in, and then the intense dreams hit my head like someone kicking a soccer ball.
 
Have you considered trying Magnesium L-Threonate? It's available as Magtein. You can take it alongside the glycinate.
 
Just A Cat said:

Have you considered trying Magnesium L-Threonate? It's available as Magtein. You can take it alongside the glycinate.
Gave it a shot, and it works well. I just didn't include it when I first posted.
 
Magnesium glycinate is another option I would suggest. On top of that, I have found that taking epitalon alongside anela dosing has been beneficial for me too.
 
For sleep support, 3 grams of glycine is what I take as an additional supplement.

Looks like you're already on top of that.
 
Mr. Blonde said:

Sleep has been a struggle and I've cycled through a lot of options. Glycine, magnesium glycinate, ZMAs — those gave me results at first. The problem is that after a while they stop working as well, so I keep having to switch things up.

Recently I added a 3-part stack: L theanine, Ashwaghanda, and melatonin tablets at 5mg.

Everything comes from NOW brand. It doesn't cost much and it does the job. I take 1 of each right before turning in, and then the intense dreams hit my head like someone kicking a soccer ball.
Really appreciate it! 🙌❤️ Magnesium glycinate hasn't done much for me. If I work it into your sleep stack, maybe I'll actually start sleeping properly.
 
sheilarae74 said:

Mr. Blonde said:

Sleep has been a struggle and I've cycled through a lot of options. Glycine, magnesium glycinate, ZMAs — those gave me results at first. The problem is that after a while they stop working as well, so I keep having to switch things up.

Recently I added a 3-part stack: L theanine, Ashwaghanda, and melatonin tablets at 5mg.

Everything comes from NOW brand. It doesn't cost much and it does the job. I take 1 of each right before turning in, and then the intense dreams hit my head like someone kicking a soccer ball.
Really appreciate it! 🙌❤️ Magnesium glycinate hasn't done much for me. If I work it into your sleep stack, maybe I'll actually start sleeping properly.
Glad to have you here, and I hope you get good results from it. Over the years I've tested an absurd number of supplements. I'm just sharing this in case it spares someone else the hassle and expense of running that whole gauntlet.
 
Mr. Blonde said:

Sleep has been a struggle and I've cycled through a lot of options. Glycine, magnesium glycinate, ZMAs — those gave me results at first. The problem is that after a while they stop working as well, so I keep having to switch things up.

Recently I added a 3-part stack: L theanine, Ashwaghanda, and melatonin tablets at 5mg.

Everything comes from NOW brand. It doesn't cost much and it does the job. I take 1 of each right before turning in, and then the intense dreams hit my head like someone kicking a soccer ball.
There's a sleep product from Natural Vitality that includes every item you mentioned, plus GABA and magnesium.
 
Researcher.Rigby said:

Mr. Blonde said:

Sleep has been a struggle and I've cycled through a lot of options. Glycine, magnesium glycinate, ZMAs — those gave me results at first. The problem is that after a while they stop working as well, so I keep having to switch things up.

Recently I added a 3-part stack: L theanine, Ashwaghanda, and melatonin tablets at 5mg.

Everything comes from NOW brand. It doesn't cost much and it does the job. I take 1 of each right before turning in, and then the intense dreams hit my head like someone kicking a soccer ball.
There's a sleep product from Natural Vitality that includes every item you mentioned, plus GABA and magnesium.
What's it called?
 
BNLFL said:

Researcher.Rigby said:

Mr. Blonde said:

Sleep has been a struggle and I've cycled through a lot of options. Glycine, magnesium glycinate, ZMAs — those gave me results at first. The problem is that after a while they stop working as well, so I keep having to switch things up.

Recently I added a 3-part stack: L theanine, Ashwaghanda, and melatonin tablets at 5mg.

Everything comes from NOW brand. It doesn't cost much and it does the job. I take 1 of each right before turning in, and then the intense dreams hit my head like someone kicking a soccer ball.
There's a sleep product from Natural Vitality that includes every item you mentioned, plus GABA and magnesium.
What's it called?
Natural Vitality's Calm Sleep — melatonin plus Ashwagandha, L-Theanine & GABA, mixed berry
 
Mr. Blonde said:

Sleep has been a struggle and I've cycled through a lot of options. Glycine, magnesium glycinate, ZMAs — those gave me results at first. The problem is that after a while they stop working as well, so I keep having to switch things up.

Recently I added a 3-part stack: L theanine, Ashwaghanda, and melatonin tablets at 5mg.

Everything comes from NOW brand. It doesn't cost much and it does the job. I take 1 of each right before turning in, and then the intense dreams hit my head like someone kicking a soccer ball.
Peaceful nights have sent me down plenty of rabbit holes too, and I've landed in basically the same spot: when it comes to sleep, old school oral supplements still beat injectable peptides for me.

Ashwagandha hasn't fully won me over, but I make sure to have 3~5 mg of melatonin around, and I cycle valerian root, magnesium glycinate, L-theanine and glycine in some mix or another.

Until August 5, iHerb is offering 20% off supplements, so of course I'm using the weekend to load up on every sleep stack staple I normally buy.
 
Just A Cat said:

Have you considered trying Magnesium L-Threonate? It's available as Magtein. You can take it alongside the glycinate.
Taking a large dose of threonate right before turning in appeared to boost deep sleep significantly, and it also seemed to shorten how long I slept.

These days my routine is 75mg elemental magnesium from L-threonate alongside 250mg elemental magnesium from glycinate.

I keep experimenting with different options, but this is my current setup.
 
I've gone through quite a few options, and one of them was ketotifen. At first I took it to "reset" the B-adrenergic agonist, but a 1mg dose leaves you seriously sleepy.
 
Back
Top