FartfulCodger
Explorer
You could consider using Minoxidil alongside tretinoin, both applied simultaneously. Sadly, tretinoin needs a prescription or a grey source. Retinal could serve as a substitute for tretinoin.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yeah, I'm completely worn out. I went through a hysterectomy in March to try to fix it, and that's when they discovered severe adenomyosis. I'm relieved the operation took care of all that, but my ferritin hasn't budged at all. The doctors think I might have some form of malabsorption or an autoimmune condition, which means the iron I eat doesn't stay in my system.miameow said:
Wow, that's really low. Do you not feel any fatigue or exhaustion?angeliquereta said:
My ferritin has typically been on the low side for as long as I can remember. At times it has dropped to 3. Every 3 months I receive IV iron. It appears, though, that I may have some form of iron malabsorption. For both hair thickening and low ferritin, what approach would work?miameow said:
Ferritin is just 1 part of the overall picture. Losing weight quickly can cause hair shedding through several mechanisms, so I would keep looking at the broader view: a full nutritional and hormonal panel, not just 1 single marker.
Other things to factor in include zinc, vit D, B12, folate, thyroid function, hormonal shifts, protein intake, and how many calories you take in overall. If your ferritin really is “high,” whether that matters depends on how high it actually is, so it may be worth investigating, but hair loss is not usually caused by high ferritin.
In my case it was on the low end of normal, and even that was enough to trigger shedding. Once a week I make a point of eating liver. To be honest, if you keep telling yourself your hair will come back, you can get through it. It's a normal food for Eastern Europeans, so I just force it down and swallow it quickly.
Lately I've begun giving myself IM injections too, since I'd rather not sit in a clinic for IVs. After getting my ferritin up, the shedding has clearly gotten better and so has my energy.
I want to learn more about this. I've been looking around and reading up, and the advice is completely inconsistent. Do you think the AHK-Cu is the way to go? Or is it better to mix the dry peptide into a hair serum you already have? Please give me the specifics!miameow said:
That's quite intriguing. Has microneedling been part of your routine alongside it? I went ahead and purchased a Dr Pen, planning to microneedle my scalp using AHK-Cu.skaylife said:
For my hair thinning, Ahk-Cu has been effective. However, I didn't use it as a serum. My vendor suggested injecting it, following the same protocol as GHK-Cu. Rset is my own research and not a recommendation. I've been injecting it daily beneath the skin of my head using a 12.7 mm insulin syringe, and it has worked. As I said, this is only my own research and not an officially verified method.lovemycats2025 said:
Seeking current info about hair-thinning treatments for those using glp's. For others, what has helped and what hasn't?
Only this weekend did I notice how sparse the hair at the back of my head has become.
Thanks ahead of time!
My AHK-Cu raw material hasn't shown up yet, so I haven't been able to test it. Instead of adding the powder to something I already have, I intend to make a basic serum of my own. Using an injectable prep with microneedling isn't something I'm considering.PurpleSage said:
I want to learn more about this. I've been looking around and reading up, and the advice is completely inconsistent. Do you think the AHK-Cu is the way to go? Or is it better to mix the dry peptide into a hair serum you already have? Please give me the specifics!miameow said:
That's quite intriguing. Has microneedling been part of your routine alongside it? I went ahead and purchased a Dr Pen, planning to microneedle my scalp using AHK-Cu.skaylife said:
For my hair thinning, Ahk-Cu has been effective. However, I didn't use it as a serum. My vendor suggested injecting it, following the same protocol as GHK-Cu. Rset is my own research and not a recommendation. I've been injecting it daily beneath the skin of my head using a 12.7 mm insulin syringe, and it has worked. As I said, this is only my own research and not an officially verified method.lovemycats2025 said:
Seeking current info about hair-thinning treatments for those using glp's. For others, what has helped and what hasn't?
Only this weekend did I notice how sparse the hair at the back of my head has become.
Thanks ahead of time!