Thinking about switching over.

JustMakeItHappen

Explorer
Joined
Aug 3, 2025
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Hey people 👋

Even though I know this varies a lot from one person to another, I’m hoping to get some clarity.

Reta has been part of my routine for 1.5 years at this point. Right now I’m running a large deficit and sticking to a set meal plan.

Nutrition and training are not new territory for me. My body fat sits at 12.9%, and the goal is to get down to about 9%.

The issue: I’ve hit the ceiling with Reta.

My dose is 6 MG twice per week, and it feels like it’s losing effectiveness very very fast.

Cag is in the mix too.

So I want to ask everyone -

Who here has moved over to Tirz?

Did it leave you satisfied?

When you went from Reta to Tirz, what dose did you begin at?

I’m hoping this turns out to be a game changer, because my ideas are running out
 
I moved from reta (15mg) over to tirz. Cagri was part of the mix as well, though it didn't pan out for me. Reactive hypoglycemia was the reason I went to tirz. It gave me some relief there.

These days I'm running Tirz 12.5mg alongside Elora 5mg. Compared with Cagri, Elora is far superior.

For me, Tirz seems to have a slight edge. A return to reta might happen down the road, but right now Tirz is doing what I need.
 
Speaking as a person whose body fat is under 9%, getting down to 9% isn't something the drugs accomplish. A steady calorie deficit is what matters, full stop. Follow that and the weight comes off; skip it and it won't. Reaching that point requires tracking plus relentless consistency. Once you're at 12% bodyfat, that's the moment to consider maintenance dosing and then sort out your diet. If a lower number is the goal, hold a sensible, consistent deficit across time. You claim to understand nutrition, yet pushing a steep deficit while on max Reta suggests otherwise. Honestly, leaning on high-dose Reta (and other compounds) to sprint toward shredded bodyfat isn't a very wise move. If you want to get that lean, learn how to train and learn how to eat. It's comparable to using steroids while training on a bowflex: it might do a little, but nothing beyond what you could achieve on your own, and the health price is far steeper.
 
5byfive said:

Speaking as a person whose body fat is under 9%, getting down to 9% isn't something the drugs accomplish. A steady calorie deficit is what matters, full stop. Follow that and the weight comes off; skip it and it won't. Reaching that point requires tracking plus relentless consistency. Once you're at 12% bodyfat, that's the moment to consider maintenance dosing and then sort out your diet. If a lower number is the goal, hold a sensible, consistent deficit across time. You claim to understand nutrition, yet pushing a steep deficit while on max Reta suggests otherwise. Honestly, leaning on high-dose Reta (and other compounds) to sprint toward shredded bodyfat isn't a very wise move. If you want to get that lean, learn how to train and learn how to eat. It's comparable to using steroids while training on a bowflex: it might do a little, but nothing beyond what you could achieve on your own, and the health price is far steeper.
that's a reasonable point, man!

Considering how little detail I provided.

I really ought to have gone into much more depth than I did..

Still, I appreciate what you had to say.
 
For the majority of individuals who find that standard maximum GLP drug doses or combinations are not enough, I believe the risk is reasonable. Severe obesity carries such serious health dangers that the potential downsides of larger doses are very unlikely to be worse, and almost all of those who require higher doses or combos are still carrying excess weight even at maximum dosing.

My answer assumes the current body fat percentage. If severe obesity was where you began 1.5 years ago when starting reta, then the risk-benefit calculation shifts somewhat, though not dramatically. Most of the health gains from weight loss come from moving out of severe obesity into obesity, with less gained from obesity to overweight. Beyond that, going from overweight to a normal BMI is complicated, and at that stage fitness may count for more than fatness.

Using glp drugs to reach 9% body fat raises 2 problems. First, no research exists on this, only anecdotal accounts and bro science from meso. Second, the health risks at 13% body fat are basically the same as at 9%, so there is no significant health advantage to balance against the risks of higher doses or combinations. Realistically those risks are likely low, involving things such as NAION or pancreatitis, but even uncommon risks in otherwise very low risk groups can still matter. It is conceivable that the drug's health benefits persist even at very low body fat percentages, with further lowered risks of diabetes or heart disease and so on, but this has not been proven for any GLP drug in normal low risk populations yet, only in people with diabetes or existing heart or kidney disease. It is even less established for reta and less still for those who are not overweight.

Set against many drugs commonly used in bodybuilding, like high dose androgenic anabolic steroids, high dose reta is probably on the safer end. Even so, you would have to conclude that there may well be added health risks rather than benefits from using it to chase ever lower body fat percentages. My suspicion is that your goal might be better pursued by refining training and nutrition, even though I generally hold that diet and exercise are not truly a useful answer for weight loss in obesity.
 
JustMakeItHappen said:

Hey people 👋

Even though I know this varies a lot from one person to another, I’m hoping to get some clarity.

Reta has been part of my routine for 1.5 years at this point. Right now I’m running a large deficit and sticking to a set meal plan.

Nutrition and training are not new territory for me. My body fat sits at 12.9%, and the goal is to get down to about 9%.

The issue: I’ve hit the ceiling with Reta.

My dose is 6 MG twice per week, and it feels like it’s losing effectiveness very very fast.

Cag is in the mix too.

So I want to ask everyone -

Who here has moved over to Tirz?

Did it leave you satisfied?

When you went from Reta to Tirz, what dose did you begin at?

I’m hoping this turns out to be a game changer, because my ideas are running out
For me, 8 mg of tirz plus 7 mg of reta has been a combination that works well.
 
Back
Top