Fordhayes said:
Rink123 said:
A handful of lessons I picked up too late:
Do your homework, then do it again: what you're putting into your body is an injection (and in all likelihood it came from a chinese research chem supplier). Dig into the upside, the downside, and all the rest of it.
Pens beat vials: load it up ahead of time, twist the dial, done. Honestly, the convenience is unreal. And they're genuinely enjoyable to use. I regret not being pushed straight toward the premium options (convi is #1 imo)
Aim for the smallest dose that works: the fact that studies or other people's anecdotal cycles land on some particular number to titrate toward doesn't obligate you to climb that high. Figure out where your own limit sits, particularly with glp's!
Filter. We're talking about $1-2 extra each time you reconstitute, so what's the argument against it…?
One more thing, and it's a big one I keep wrestling with. Who do you tell irl about your ‘research’? The social side caught me off guard. My instinct is to keep quiet about it, yet I've shared it with a handful of people and the reactions were all over the place. How do y'all handle this?
That's a great way to put it. I keep this to myself. My wife and I are both on it, and at the start we agreed never to say a word, mostly out of fear of being judged. For some time now I've wanted to be open about it. Even then, I'd limit it to a few friends and family. My wife's side of the family is especially quick to judge; for some reason they see a weight loss shot as cheating. Because of that, she's determined that no one ever finds out. I honor that, and we both made a promise of secrecy from the beginning.
Lately it's been tough when a friend or relative who's overweight mentions wishing they could afford the weight loss injections, since through insurance it would run them hundreds of dollars every month. I have the exact solution that could help them. You can do it for around $30 a month, supplies included in that price. But I won't go back on my word to my wife.
Another thing that bothers me is feeling like I'm adding to the stigma around weight loss shots. Me staying silent doesn't do any good. I could teach the misinformed who criticize what they don't understand. Imagine believing that taking blood pressure meds or insulin was cheating and that you should just die from it. Why should fat people be stigmatized for something that benefits their health. A lot of people struggle with weight in today's world with all our addictive processed bullshit food and advertisements. In the end, nobody ever told me about any of this. There's something called the Internet. I found it on my own. Hopefully those in need will find their way.