The scale finally broke into a lower bracket!!!

HouseCat

Explorer
Joined
May 31, 2026
Messages
434
Reaction score
0
Location
New York
LORD it feels like I've been parked in one weight "decade" forever. Tirz got me a few months of steady weekly losses, then May-June brought a stall, and July finally started to break it — though the drops were only 0.2, 0.6lb each week. Desperation was setting in—which is a bit silly too, since I've averaged 1.4 lbs a week and the trend line on my chart kept sloping down, even if very gently. Still, everybody knows the frustration of trying hard while the weight simply refuses to move!

Come this past week I was sure the scale would climb, given all the sugar cravings I've been fighting, yet this morning it read WOOP! Three pounds down! This feels great!!! Sharing it because I know many of you get it - both the frustration and the joy!
 
Rubbish that it had to be you BUT honestly, I am pleased to hear it happened at all 😛 since my own stall has now run three weeks! Push it much longer and I'll be doing the exhausting pre colonoscopy prep just to move that damn scale! Okay I am not that desperate but STILL! This is BS! Congratulations I guess. J/K, I'm rooting for you! 🥳
 
The fear everyone shares is running out of dose runway before the weight is all off, then having to invent another way to keep it coming down. What I least want near the end is to be maxed out and still fighting cravings hard — that's the nightmare scenario, since it means no maintenance strategy built on simply declining the dose of one glp can exist.
 
PurpleSage said:

Rubbish that it had to be you BUT honestly, I am pleased to hear it happened at all 😛 since my own stall has now run three weeks! Push it much longer and I'll be doing the exhausting pre colonoscopy prep just to move that damn scale! Okay I am not that desperate but STILL! This is BS! Congratulations I guess. J/K, I'm rooting for you! 🥳
OK Fam, you of all people know the feeling! Yes, it gets you thinking the wildest ass sh*t…like whether sawing an arm off would knock a few pounds off. LOL! It's rough, but I'm hoping your plateau ends soon. 😊

BrightCandle said:

The fear everyone shares is running out of dose runway before the weight is all off, then having to invent another way to keep it coming down. What I least want near the end is to be maxed out and still fighting cravings hard — that's the nightmare scenario, since it means no maintenance strategy built on simply declining the dose of one glp can exist.
EXACTLY. I have a lot to lose, and with a diagnosed metabolic syndrome (like many here) I've only managed to keep weight coming off steadily for more than 3-4months twice in my whole life. Everything you listed is why I keep putting off titration up for as long as possible. Adding in Reta is something I'd consider too, and Elora will defs go in once my order lands. What I want is enough wiggle room in dosing to carry me to goal, which I hope happens next summer. Hearing about people on some pretty high doses has been a “relief” I guess - 15mg certainly isn't the ceiling in the research space LOL! And luckily gray makes acquiring even 5 years at 15mg pretty affordable. Compounded though? -eesh!
 
Funny how you can be convinced the scale is going up after over eating the day before, then step on it and see a new low. Congrats!
 
Bioexplorer said:

Funny how you can be convinced the scale is going up after over eating the day before, then step on it and see a new low. Congrats!
Bodies are weird AF! They have their own mind and way of doing things. Today certainly surprised me; two days back I put away maybe a dozen Oreos (rare these days—usually 3-5 does the job, though my sweet tooth was in full effect that day!)
 
Yeah, stalls make me chop INCHES off my hair just to get the scale moving- CONGRATS on your new decade!
 
My June looked much the same. Mid-March through end of May, Reta's magic took about 30 lbs off me. All of June I ran a calorie deficit every day and trained resistance consistently 3 or 4 times a week, yet only 3 lbs went. July so far has been better.
 
Back
Top