The New Yorker Magazine: Why are people injecting themselves with peptides?

Chili777

Explorer
Joined
Oct 31, 2025
Messages
800
Reaction score
1
Location
USA
673eb65ad4ad451f2f42c31a9b3d10e5276d18476a17c8ffb5ba4513fc6b1b8e.png




Why Are People Injecting Themselves with Peptides?



Wellness and health influencers are promoting unapproved treatments through the gray market. At risk are both the F.D.A.'s future and consumers' well-being.

Image unavailable


www.newyorker.com

No Paywall: https://www.paywallskip.com/article...are-people-injecting-themselves-with-peptides
 
ambot88 said:

I'm unable to read it. Still, the reason is that we both want to and are able to.
The piece is comprehensive and well worth reading.
 
They work. With medical care, getting a Mounjaro prescription can drag on for 12 months unless you're willing to pay extra through those large companies. Grey is helping more people every day!

Every day I get better for my Daughter.
 
Chili777 said:

ambot88 said:

I'm unable to read it. Still, the reason is that we both want to and are able to.
The piece is comprehensive and well worth reading.
I'd like to read it, but not enough to pay for a subscription. Could you paste the text?
 
ambot88 said:

Chili777 said:

ambot88 said:

I'm unable to read it. Still, the reason is that we both want to and are able to.
The piece is comprehensive and well worth reading.
I'd like to read it, but not enough to pay for a subscription. Could you paste the text?
Is there a paywall on it? For me it opened without any problem. Let me verify. Have you tried deleting your cookies?

Give this a shot: https://www.paywallskip.com/article...are-people-injecting-themselves-with-peptides
 
Chili777 said:

ambot88 said:

Chili777 said:

ambot88 said:

I'm unable to read it. Still, the reason is that we both want to and are able to.
The piece is comprehensive and well worth reading.
I'd like to read it, but not enough to pay for a subscription. Could you paste the text?
Is there a paywall on it? For me it opened without any problem. Let me verify. Have you tried deleting your cookies?

Give this a shot: https://www.paywallskip.com/article...are-people-injecting-themselves-with-peptides
That did the trick, thanks! Likely a block due to Canada. Honestly, it was a decent read with several valid observations. The writer aimed for balance, though he clearly leaned toward the danger, bad side. In my view, hope is the biggest driver behind people injecting themselves - we're chasing relief from all sorts of problems and will accept some personal risk if the reward might justify it. There's also the echo chamber effect we create for one another - I began cautiously with a glp-1, nervous about even that, and after a few months on this forum I now want everything.
 
ambot88 said:

Chili777 said:

ambot88 said:

Chili777 said:

ambot88 said:

I'm unable to read it. Still, the reason is that we both want to and are able to.
The piece is comprehensive and well worth reading.
I'd like to read it, but not enough to pay for a subscription. Could you paste the text?
Is there a paywall on it? For me it opened without any problem. Let me verify. Have you tried deleting your cookies?

Give this a shot: https://www.paywallskip.com/article...are-people-injecting-themselves-with-peptides
That did the trick, thanks! Likely a block due to Canada. Honestly, it was a decent read with several valid observations. The writer aimed for balance, though he clearly leaned toward the danger, bad side. In my view, hope is the biggest driver behind people injecting themselves - we're chasing relief from all sorts of problems and will accept some personal risk if the reward might justify it. There's also the echo chamber effect we create for one another - I began cautiously with a glp-1, nervous about even that, and after a few months on this forum I now want everything.
I haven't reached the end of the piece yet, though I'm relieved that my initial agitation, which was strong when I first arrived here, has eased considerably. My thinking has shifted: at first I wanted KLOW, but now I may be content with only GHK-Cu, and perhaps KPV as well. The remaining hurdle is locating domestic warehouses that carry these items …
 
It's striking how regulators and the media apply a double standard: they criticize buying peptides that aren't regulated, yet say nothing about supplements, energy shots, and similar items sold openly by amazon/walmart/etc.

Just follow the money....
 
staffn1 said:

It's striking how regulators and the media apply a double standard: they criticize buying peptides that aren't regulated, yet say nothing about supplements, energy shots, and similar items sold openly by amazon/walmart/etc.

Just follow the money....
If Bezos keeps earning, it's not their concern.
 
Appreciate you sharing. It made for a decent read. I'd written something much longer, but part of it got flagged / tripped the rules, ha. The quote below did crack me up though. “They are exploiting a group of people hunting for an answer and charging them a fortune for something unproven that might do harm,” he went on. “How is that O.K.?” — isn't that what goes on at a doctor's office most days.
 
It's absolutely ridiculous that the client worries about vaccines since “they don’t have the data,” yet has no problem with Methylene Blue
 
maven8518 said:

Appreciate you sharing. It made for a decent read. I'd written something much longer, but part of it got flagged / tripped the rules, ha. The quote below did crack me up though. “They are exploiting a group of people hunting for an answer and charging them a fortune for something unproven that might do harm,” he went on. “How is that O.K.?” — isn't that what goes on at a doctor's office most days.
He made purchases from people selling vials, and 2 of those sellers ripped him off. One ran off with his cash, while the other shipped him junk — yet that's no different from what any beginner goes through.
 
In my opinion, the reason people turn to peptides is that healthcare as it currently operates is broken. Where I live, you have to wait 2 years just to get an initial appointment with a gastroenterology specialist.
 
Back
Top