That tiny 0.xx% remainder

rodrom82

Explorer
Joined
May 27, 2026
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Location
Belgium
I felt a bit of pride when I showed my partner just how pure the peptide test came out.

Then came the one response I wasn't ready for...

Whats the 0.xx% inpurity?

Me.. euhh. I guess not fully formed Amino acid chains...

Truth is, that's just my educated guess.. but honestly.. I have no idea...

Question:

So what exactly is that 0.xx sitting in the peptide Vail?
 
rodrom82 said:

I felt a bit of pride when I showed my partner just how pure the peptide test came out.

Then came the one response I wasn't ready for...

Whats the 0.xx% inpurity?

Me.. euhh. I guess not fully formed Amino acid chains...

Truth is, that's just my educated guess.. but honestly.. I have no idea...

Question:

So what exactly is that 0.xx sitting in the peptide Vail?
That's the spot where the nano-bots are concealed, the ones they deploy to seize control of us after we've injected them.
 
1) That .xx figure is only an approximation—the assays aren't really precise enough to nail it down, yet folks tend to prefer a single firm value over a spread. 2) From what I understand, the gap typically boils down to breakdown. When the peptide breaks down, the purity percentage falls.
 
During the lab tour video from Peter Magic, he shared a few intriguing details regarding the “shoulder” peaks that show up next to the main peak. For instance, a 16 Dalton shift points to oxidation, which means an additional oxygen atom is present (oxygen’s atomic mass is 16). He also provides several other cases.

Very small quantities of free amino acids exist because the synthesis techniques employed achieve excellent yields and these are removed by washing during production. They are too small to show up in HPLC results, which are set for higher molecular weights. The same goes for salts, which do not appear on the COA graphs. They could be found, but that would need different settings (see Agilent’s examples of analyses for Ozempic and Mounjaro).

The lowest level of detection is frequently 0.5%. That means there are tiny amounts that this method cannot detect or identify. So long as it stays below 1%, we're good to go.

We're discussing purity levels that used to be exceptional with older methods. Now that's the standard, and we're fortunate to have it. Anything above 97-98% is acceptable. As long as the impurity isn't cyanide or botulinum toxin, we're good 😉
 
So suppose we broke down Eli Lilly's mounjaro and shipped it out for analysis. On the purity front, what results should we anticipate?

Separately, why do mounjaro's expiration dates land several months past its manufacture date? And when our reconstituted version gets tested, a 30-35% degradation shows up after 90 days.
 
Fostradamus said:

rodrom82 said:

I felt a bit of pride when I showed my partner just how pure the peptide test came out.

Then came the one response I wasn't ready for...

Whats the 0.xx% inpurity?

Me.. euhh. I guess not fully formed Amino acid chains...

Truth is, that's just my educated guess.. but honestly.. I have no idea...

Question:

So what exactly is that 0.xx sitting in the peptide Vail?
That's the spot where the nano-bots are concealed, the ones they deploy to seize control of us after we've injected them.

Image unavailable
 
ZippityDooDah said:

Fostradamus said:

rodrom82 said:

I felt a bit of pride when I showed my partner just how pure the peptide test came out.

Then came the one response I wasn't ready for...

Whats the 0.xx% inpurity?

Me.. euhh. I guess not fully formed Amino acid chains...

Truth is, that's just my educated guess.. but honestly.. I have no idea...

Question:

So what exactly is that 0.xx sitting in the peptide Vail?
That's the spot where the nano-bots are concealed, the ones they deploy to seize control of us after we've injected them.

Image unavailable
If it meant joining 7 of 9, I'd happily hand over more cash..

Plus.. I was under the impression that fentanyl is what it always turns out to be nowadays
 
rodrom82 said:

So suppose we broke down Eli Lilly's mounjaro and shipped it out for analysis. On the purity front, what results should we anticipate?

Separately, why do mounjaro's expiration dates land several months past its manufacture date? And when our reconstituted version gets tested, a 30-35% degradation shows up after 90 days.
I had the same question, so I went looking and came across this piece:


https://www.goodrx.com/zepbound/ingredients?srsltid=AfmBOopXm3tWYvrLPq2rmfXlQqegUUYloz6eOaOzijyennq1WXTRu8Na


What the article says, in part:

Zepbound KwikPens have these inactive ingredients:

Benzyl alcohol (a preservative that stops germs from growing)

Glycerin (reduces pain from the injection)

Phenol (a preservative that stops germs from growing)

Sodum chloride

Sodium phosphate dibasic heptahydrate

Water for injection

Hydrochloric acid

Sodium hydroxide
 
laansasa said:

rodrom82 said:

So suppose we broke down Eli Lilly's mounjaro and shipped it out for analysis. On the purity front, what results should we anticipate?

Separately, why do mounjaro's expiration dates land several months past its manufacture date? And when our reconstituted version gets tested, a 30-35% degradation shows up after 90 days.
I had the same question, so I went looking and came across this piece:


https://www.goodrx.com/zepbound/ingredients?srsltid=AfmBOopXm3tWYvrLPq2rmfXlQqegUUYloz6eOaOzijyennq1WXTRu8Na


What the article says, in part:

Zepbound KwikPens have these inactive ingredients:

Benzyl alcohol (a preservative that stops germs from growing)

Glycerin (reduces pain from the injection)

Phenol (a preservative that stops germs from growing)

Sodum chloride

Sodium phosphate dibasic heptahydrate

Water for injection

Hydrochloric acid

Sodium hydroxide
Additionally, it functions as a stabilizer. Through its lipophilic chain, it can stop cold aggregation. With my KwikPens, the cartridge was built into the pen and was made of plastic. Compared with glass, adsorption tends to be higher.

Phenol causes a slight sting, yet it degrades peptides to a lesser extent than BA.

The phosphate buffer keeps pH from drifting and lets the product stay stable for several months prior to first use.

Isotonic NaCl matters greatly for avoiding reactions at the injection site. Each injection from my pens was 0.60 ml, and that resulted in a lump. Without NaCl, I can only imagine how painful it would be.
 
eidos said:

laansasa said:

rodrom82 said:

So suppose we broke down Eli Lilly's mounjaro and shipped it out for analysis. On the purity front, what results should we anticipate?

Separately, why do mounjaro's expiration dates land several months past its manufacture date? And when our reconstituted version gets tested, a 30-35% degradation shows up after 90 days.
I had the same question, so I went looking and came across this piece:


https://www.goodrx.com/zepbound/ingredients?srsltid=AfmBOopXm3tWYvrLPq2rmfXlQqegUUYloz6eOaOzijyennq1WXTRu8Na


What the article says, in part:

Zepbound KwikPens have these inactive ingredients:

Benzyl alcohol (a preservative that stops germs from growing)

Glycerin (reduces pain from the injection)

Phenol (a preservative that stops germs from growing)

Sodum chloride

Sodium phosphate dibasic heptahydrate

Water for injection

Hydrochloric acid

Sodium hydroxide
Additionally, it functions as a stabilizer. Through its lipophilic chain, it can stop cold aggregation. With my KwikPens, the cartridge was built into the pen and was made of plastic. Compared with glass, adsorption tends to be higher.

Phenol causes a slight sting, yet it degrades peptides to a lesser extent than BA.

The phosphate buffer keeps pH from drifting and lets the product stay stable for several months prior to first use.

Isotonic NaCl matters greatly for avoiding reactions at the injection site. Each injection from my pens was 0.60 ml, and that resulted in a lump. Without NaCl, I can only imagine how painful it would be.
Is there a straightforward method for those of us doing this at home to replicate that and make our peps last longer? Or does adding these additional ingredients safely require a lot of expertise and/or specialized gear? Just honestly wondering.
 
rodrom82 said:

I felt a bit of pride when I showed my partner just how pure the peptide test came out.

Then came the one response I wasn't ready for...

Whats the 0.xx% inpurity?

Me.. euhh. I guess not fully formed Amino acid chains...

Truth is, that's just my educated guess.. but honestly.. I have no idea...

Question:

So what exactly is that 0.xx sitting in the peptide Vail?
A vial's total contents and the 100% results of an M&P test have no correlation.
 
Skidude said:

ZippityDooDah said:

Fostradamus said:

rodrom82 said:

I felt a bit of pride when I showed my partner just how pure the peptide test came out.

Then came the one response I wasn't ready for...

Whats the 0.xx% inpurity?

Me.. euhh. I guess not fully formed Amino acid chains...

Truth is, that's just my educated guess.. but honestly.. I have no idea...

Question:

So what exactly is that 0.xx sitting in the peptide Vail?
That's the spot where the nano-bots are concealed, the ones they deploy to seize control of us after we've injected them.

Image unavailable
If it meant joining 7 of 9, I'd happily hand over more cash..

Plus.. I was under the impression that fentanyl is what it always turns out to be nowadays
Resistance isn't how it works — the Borg do the assimilating, and you're on the receiving end, Species 5618.

No need to frighten the little ones! 🤣 What's left in that 0.xx% is hope & love 💕
 
Pocket said:

eidos said:

laansasa said:

rodrom82 said:

So suppose we broke down Eli Lilly's mounjaro and shipped it out for analysis. On the purity front, what results should we anticipate?

Separately, why do mounjaro's expiration dates land several months past its manufacture date? And when our reconstituted version gets tested, a 30-35% degradation shows up after 90 days.
I had the same question, so I went looking and came across this piece:


https://www.goodrx.com/zepbound/ingredients?srsltid=AfmBOopXm3tWYvrLPq2rmfXlQqegUUYloz6eOaOzijyennq1WXTRu8Na


What the article says, in part:

Zepbound KwikPens have these inactive ingredients:

Benzyl alcohol (a preservative that stops germs from growing)

Glycerin (reduces pain from the injection)

Phenol (a preservative that stops germs from growing)

Sodum chloride

Sodium phosphate dibasic heptahydrate

Water for injection

Hydrochloric acid

Sodium hydroxide
Additionally, it functions as a stabilizer. Through its lipophilic chain, it can stop cold aggregation. With my KwikPens, the cartridge was built into the pen and was made of plastic. Compared with glass, adsorption tends to be higher.

Phenol causes a slight sting, yet it degrades peptides to a lesser extent than BA.

The phosphate buffer keeps pH from drifting and lets the product stay stable for several months prior to first use.

Isotonic NaCl matters greatly for avoiding reactions at the injection site. Each injection from my pens was 0.60 ml, and that resulted in a lump. Without NaCl, I can only imagine how painful it would be.
Is there a straightforward method for those of us doing this at home to replicate that and make our peps last longer? Or does adding these additional ingredients safely require a lot of expertise and/or specialized gear? Just honestly wondering.
Sterile 0.9 % NaCl? Cheap and available without much effort.

The phosphate side is trickier — USP / EU.Pharma grade isn't as easy to source. There's a lab in NL we work with; testing should happen within a few weeks.

Everything else in pharma grade at a sane price? Still no luck (Merck/Sigma carries it all, but the pricing is what you'd expect from an "official lab").

Sterile syringes plus sterile vials cover that part. Filtration through 0.22 µm is non-negotiable, and a 0.1 µm filter should be used whenever it's feasible. Glycerol, though — no clear way to filter it; dilution first might work, but that needs testing.

Aseptic technique throughout, naturally.
 
HouseCat said:

Skidude said:

ZippityDooDah said:

Fostradamus said:

rodrom82 said:

I felt a bit of pride when I showed my partner just how pure the peptide test came out.

Then came the one response I wasn't ready for...

Whats the 0.xx% inpurity?

Me.. euhh. I guess not fully formed Amino acid chains...

Truth is, that's just my educated guess.. but honestly.. I have no idea...

Question:

So what exactly is that 0.xx sitting in the peptide Vail?
That's the spot where the nano-bots are concealed, the ones they deploy to seize control of us after we've injected them.

Image unavailable
If it meant joining 7 of 9, I'd happily hand over more cash..

Plus.. I was under the impression that fentanyl is what it always turns out to be nowadays
Resistance isn't how it works — the Borg do the assimilating, and you're on the receiving end, Species 5618.

No need to frighten the little ones! 🤣 What's left in that 0.xx% is hope & love 💕
I'm a modern guy, so the "assimilating" can be handled by either of us.
 
Back
Top