Thanks to everyone who does the "pen pushing"

CreepyZebra

Explorer
Joined
Apr 10, 2026
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles, Ca
I began with Reta, same as a lot of people, and before long there were 2 additional peps in my stack. Since I pin in the morning, one time I stuck reta into my booty because my head was convinced I was injecting NAD+ (reta was the one I meant to pin, but adhd brain decided it was nad+), instead of going into my stomach. The efficacy stayed the same, yet it scared me that a future dose could go wrong.

Then came pens. Once I'd done a lot of reading and watched the videos people here recommended, I picked up 2 v2's for my GHK-cu and my NAD+, and there's no going back. Credit to the OG's for building such a useful educational place where newbies like me can teach ourselves and feel at ease purchasing and operating new gadgets that make reconstituting, filtering, and filling vials a bit less of a hassle. Pens look super intimidating, but after it's laid out one step at a time it turned out to be genuinely simple, and I'd tell other newbies to take the plunge if they're tempted.

Ret still gets my syringes, so these days if there's a needle in my hand, it's stomach only. The pens handle the booty.
 
CreepyZebra said:

I began with Reta, same as a lot of people, and before long there were 2 additional peps in my stack. Since I pin in the morning, one time I stuck reta into my booty because my head was convinced I was injecting NAD+ (reta was the one I meant to pin, but adhd brain decided it was nad+), instead of going into my stomach. The efficacy stayed the same, yet it scared me that a future dose could go wrong.

Then came pens. Once I'd done a lot of reading and watched the videos people here recommended, I picked up 2 v2's for my GHK-cu and my NAD+, and there's no going back. Credit to the OG's for building such a useful educational place where newbies like me can teach ourselves and feel at ease purchasing and operating new gadgets that make reconstituting, filtering, and filling vials a bit less of a hassle. Pens look super intimidating, but after it's laid out one step at a time it turned out to be genuinely simple, and I'd tell other newbies to take the plunge if they're tempted.

Ret still gets my syringes, so these days if there's a needle in my hand, it's stomach only. The pens handle the booty.
Here's a trick: take a 3ML pen vial and fill it with tap water (that way your peps aren't wasted), clear out the air gap, then put it into your V2. Turn your pen's knob up to 15, and rather than attaching a pen needle to the tip, grab a regular insulin syringe, use it to inject the 3ml pen vial, and then hit your pen vial button so the insulin pen "injects." Should the insulin pen end up holding 15 units, your pen is good. Should it end up at 10, 12, 25, etc., then you'll know which kind of adjustment is needed.

Down the line, you might also want to go check out the Gansulin or similar auto injector pens: they're great 🙂
 
Romulusguy said:

CreepyZebra said:

I began with Reta, same as a lot of people, and before long there were 2 additional peps in my stack. Since I pin in the morning, one time I stuck reta into my booty because my head was convinced I was injecting NAD+ (reta was the one I meant to pin, but adhd brain decided it was nad+), instead of going into my stomach. The efficacy stayed the same, yet it scared me that a future dose could go wrong.

Then came pens. Once I'd done a lot of reading and watched the videos people here recommended, I picked up 2 v2's for my GHK-cu and my NAD+, and there's no going back. Credit to the OG's for building such a useful educational place where newbies like me can teach ourselves and feel at ease purchasing and operating new gadgets that make reconstituting, filtering, and filling vials a bit less of a hassle. Pens look super intimidating, but after it's laid out one step at a time it turned out to be genuinely simple, and I'd tell other newbies to take the plunge if they're tempted.

Ret still gets my syringes, so these days if there's a needle in my hand, it's stomach only. The pens handle the booty.
Here's a trick: take a 3ML pen vial and fill it with tap water (that way your peps aren't wasted), clear out the air gap, then put it into your V2. Turn your pen's knob up to 15, and rather than attaching a pen needle to the tip, grab a regular insulin syringe, use it to inject the 3ml pen vial, and then hit your pen vial button so the insulin pen "injects." Should the insulin pen end up holding 15 units, your pen is good. Should it end up at 10, 12, 25, etc., then you'll know which kind of adjustment is needed.

Down the line, you might also want to go check out the Gansulin or similar auto injector pens: they're great 🙂
I hadn't considered looking into that at all. Much appreciated—that's a really useful tip.
 
CreepyZebra said:

Romulusguy said:

CreepyZebra said:

I began with Reta, same as a lot of people, and before long there were 2 additional peps in my stack. Since I pin in the morning, one time I stuck reta into my booty because my head was convinced I was injecting NAD+ (reta was the one I meant to pin, but adhd brain decided it was nad+), instead of going into my stomach. The efficacy stayed the same, yet it scared me that a future dose could go wrong.

Then came pens. Once I'd done a lot of reading and watched the videos people here recommended, I picked up 2 v2's for my GHK-cu and my NAD+, and there's no going back. Credit to the OG's for building such a useful educational place where newbies like me can teach ourselves and feel at ease purchasing and operating new gadgets that make reconstituting, filtering, and filling vials a bit less of a hassle. Pens look super intimidating, but after it's laid out one step at a time it turned out to be genuinely simple, and I'd tell other newbies to take the plunge if they're tempted.

Ret still gets my syringes, so these days if there's a needle in my hand, it's stomach only. The pens handle the booty.
Here's a trick: take a 3ML pen vial and fill it with tap water (that way your peps aren't wasted), clear out the air gap, then put it into your V2. Turn your pen's knob up to 15, and rather than attaching a pen needle to the tip, grab a regular insulin syringe, use it to inject the 3ml pen vial, and then hit your pen vial button so the insulin pen "injects." Should the insulin pen end up holding 15 units, your pen is good. Should it end up at 10, 12, 25, etc., then you'll know which kind of adjustment is needed.

Down the line, you might also want to go check out the Gansulin or similar auto injector pens: they're great 🙂
I hadn't considered looking into that at all. Much appreciated—that's a really useful tip.
Right, and using a spent cartridge for an accuracy check is the only purpose I can come up with for one. Simply take the same (used?) syringe you plan to run the accuracy test with later, and shoot tap water into the cart until it's full. To load the cart into the pen you'll have to remove it from the nose seal regardless, but doing it that way won't introduce a bubble and a single one is all you need. No sterility required here, unless you happen to pin just for fun. Be absolutely certain every bubble is gone — they will always throw off accuracy!
 
joseblo said:

CreepyZebra said:

Romulusguy said:

CreepyZebra said:

I began with Reta, same as a lot of people, and before long there were 2 additional peps in my stack. Since I pin in the morning, one time I stuck reta into my booty because my head was convinced I was injecting NAD+ (reta was the one I meant to pin, but adhd brain decided it was nad+), instead of going into my stomach. The efficacy stayed the same, yet it scared me that a future dose could go wrong.

Then came pens. Once I'd done a lot of reading and watched the videos people here recommended, I picked up 2 v2's for my GHK-cu and my NAD+, and there's no going back. Credit to the OG's for building such a useful educational place where newbies like me can teach ourselves and feel at ease purchasing and operating new gadgets that make reconstituting, filtering, and filling vials a bit less of a hassle. Pens look super intimidating, but after it's laid out one step at a time it turned out to be genuinely simple, and I'd tell other newbies to take the plunge if they're tempted.

Ret still gets my syringes, so these days if there's a needle in my hand, it's stomach only. The pens handle the booty.
Here's a trick: take a 3ML pen vial and fill it with tap water (that way your peps aren't wasted), clear out the air gap, then put it into your V2. Turn your pen's knob up to 15, and rather than attaching a pen needle to the tip, grab a regular insulin syringe, use it to inject the 3ml pen vial, and then hit your pen vial button so the insulin pen "injects." Should the insulin pen end up holding 15 units, your pen is good. Should it end up at 10, 12, 25, etc., then you'll know which kind of adjustment is needed.

Down the line, you might also want to go check out the Gansulin or similar auto injector pens: they're great 🙂
I hadn't considered looking into that at all. Much appreciated—that's a really useful tip.
Right, and using a spent cartridge for an accuracy check is the only purpose I can come up with for one. Simply take the same (used?) syringe you plan to run the accuracy test with later, and shoot tap water into the cart until it's full. To load the cart into the pen you'll have to remove it from the nose seal regardless, but doing it that way won't introduce a bubble and a single one is all you need. No sterility required here, unless you happen to pin just for fun. Be absolutely certain every bubble is gone — they will always throw off accuracy!
That's helpful info too. One of mine came out nearly bubble-free, but this morning I saw some in the other. Flicking the pen doesn't appear to shift them (this is the NAD+), so is there a different trick? Could keeping the pen upright help them float up?
 
joseblo said:

CreepyZebra said:

Romulusguy said:

CreepyZebra said:

I began with Reta, same as a lot of people, and before long there were 2 additional peps in my stack. Since I pin in the morning, one time I stuck reta into my booty because my head was convinced I was injecting NAD+ (reta was the one I meant to pin, but adhd brain decided it was nad+), instead of going into my stomach. The efficacy stayed the same, yet it scared me that a future dose could go wrong.

Then came pens. Once I'd done a lot of reading and watched the videos people here recommended, I picked up 2 v2's for my GHK-cu and my NAD+, and there's no going back. Credit to the OG's for building such a useful educational place where newbies like me can teach ourselves and feel at ease purchasing and operating new gadgets that make reconstituting, filtering, and filling vials a bit less of a hassle. Pens look super intimidating, but after it's laid out one step at a time it turned out to be genuinely simple, and I'd tell other newbies to take the plunge if they're tempted.

Ret still gets my syringes, so these days if there's a needle in my hand, it's stomach only. The pens handle the booty.
Here's a trick: take a 3ML pen vial and fill it with tap water (that way your peps aren't wasted), clear out the air gap, then put it into your V2. Turn your pen's knob up to 15, and rather than attaching a pen needle to the tip, grab a regular insulin syringe, use it to inject the 3ml pen vial, and then hit your pen vial button so the insulin pen "injects." Should the insulin pen end up holding 15 units, your pen is good. Should it end up at 10, 12, 25, etc., then you'll know which kind of adjustment is needed.

Down the line, you might also want to go check out the Gansulin or similar auto injector pens: they're great 🙂
I hadn't considered looking into that at all. Much appreciated—that's a really useful tip.
Right, and using a spent cartridge for an accuracy check is the only purpose I can come up with for one. Simply take the same (used?) syringe you plan to run the accuracy test with later, and shoot tap water into the cart until it's full. To load the cart into the pen you'll have to remove it from the nose seal regardless, but doing it that way won't introduce a bubble and a single one is all you need. No sterility required here, unless you happen to pin just for fun. Be absolutely certain every bubble is gone — they will always throw off accuracy!
What a smart approach—I'll rely on this to verify precision whenever I refill. By checking with the previous cartridge every time, accuracy gets confirmed. Brilliant.
 
I think you might have gotten mixed up in a cult 😆 Folks who love pens are all over the place, and they keep trying to pull me in with neat shades and handy cartridges.

They remind me of the Borg.
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

I think you might have gotten mixed up in a cult 😆 Folks who love pens are all over the place, and they keep trying to pull me in with neat shades and handy cartridges.

They remind me of the Borg.
Giving up is pointless
 
Why resist?

Join the bird side!





fc514e37c13891277a80281c0361bd31cd25b2d46d5986592c82910bfd1c3057.webp
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

I think you might have gotten mixed up in a cult 😆 Folks who love pens are all over the place, and they keep trying to pull me in with neat shades and handy cartridges.

They remind me of the Borg.
84a20184b4cee3200419b424da22e49eefcd3e7785fb5ee90e77ce43b5e58f0b.webp
 
Purchasing pens has the same addictive pull as experimenting with new peptides! I own 5 convi auto injectors, and there’s just 1 thing I can’t work out: mix 3ml of bac into a tr30, then transfer that into a 3ml cart, and it doesn’t fill the cart completely?
 
mongchopz said:

Purchasing pens has the same addictive pull as experimenting with new peptides! I own 5 convi auto injectors, and there’s just 1 thing I can’t work out: mix 3ml of bac into a tr30, then transfer that into a 3ml cart, and it doesn’t fill the cart completely?
My guess is that the cartridges have some spare capacity at both ends — beyond where the markings stop — and it slips our minds that the peptides occupy that area too. So perhaps each cart really takes closer to 4ml, despite the scale only going up to 3 ml?
 
Appelss12 said:

What's your method for picking out pens? I'm just starting out with them. Do you also buy cartridges alongside?

A bit of digging plus a few videos would go a long way. Peptide Critic puts pens through their paces on camera. Still, the Internet is packed with material that ought to help.



Image unavailable



Peptide Critic



Peptide Critic is a research-driven YouTube channel dedicated to scrutinizing the claims, science, and controversies surrounding therapeutic and wellness peptides. The channel aims to be a skeptical voice in the ocean of “peptide marketing,” offering: Scientific deep dives into how peptides...

502b2fa1f09e4b9e4cab7b1e3d1bf8c921b2508c64e131481c221499158f9097.png



www.youtube.com

Pens and cartridges are two different things, and sterile carts should be obtained from a trustworthy supplier.
 
I got sucked into this 2 weeks back. The GB price pulled me in, so I picked up 2 Convipens, plus 2 V1 knock offs that are camping friendly (plastic, with a case), just to test them. And naturally, I ended up buying every accessory that pairs with them.

To be fair, we go camping a lot, and the idea of bringing syringes along on those outings scared me. Our trailer always has people coming and going.
 
mongchopz said:

Purchasing pens has the same addictive pull as experimenting with new peptides! I own 5 convi auto injectors, and there’s just 1 thing I can’t work out: mix 3ml of bac into a tr30, then transfer that into a 3ml cart, and it doesn’t fill the cart completely?
Sure, those carts hold a touch past 3ml, though I wouldn't push your luck there! If your tears got into the spilled peptide, it might combust on the spot and take the whole house with it.

Naturally, a little stays behind in the vial, the syringe, and the filter... My approach is to prefill and flush every one of them, so I capture every last drop of peptide and hit precisely the intended concentration — but that's simply my ADHD.
 
CandyCap said:

I got sucked into this 2 weeks back. The GB price pulled me in, so I picked up 2 Convipens, plus 2 V1 knock offs that are camping friendly (plastic, with a case), just to test them. And naturally, I ended up buying every accessory that pairs with them.

To be fair, we go camping a lot, and the idea of bringing syringes along on those outings scared me. Our trailer always has people coming and going.
By now my cabinet has the appearance of a meth den. Hundreds of filters, vials, syringes, and assorted needles are piled up. Traveling will be far simpler with the pens.
 
CreepyZebra said:

CandyCap said:

I got sucked into this 2 weeks back. The GB price pulled me in, so I picked up 2 Convipens, plus 2 V1 knock offs that are camping friendly (plastic, with a case), just to test them. And naturally, I ended up buying every accessory that pairs with them.

To be fair, we go camping a lot, and the idea of bringing syringes along on those outings scared me. Our trailer always has people coming and going.
By now my cabinet has the appearance of a meth den. Hundreds of filters, vials, syringes, and assorted needles are piled up. Traveling will be far simpler with the pens.
Absolutely! We exhibit vintage trailers. Folks do the oddest stuff... such as flinging open every cupboard.
 
Romulusguy said:

CreepyZebra said:

I began with Reta, same as a lot of people, and before long there were 2 additional peps in my stack. Since I pin in the morning, one time I stuck reta into my booty because my head was convinced I was injecting NAD+ (reta was the one I meant to pin, but adhd brain decided it was nad+), instead of going into my stomach. The efficacy stayed the same, yet it scared me that a future dose could go wrong.

Then came pens. Once I'd done a lot of reading and watched the videos people here recommended, I picked up 2 v2's for my GHK-cu and my NAD+, and there's no going back. Credit to the OG's for building such a useful educational place where newbies like me can teach ourselves and feel at ease purchasing and operating new gadgets that make reconstituting, filtering, and filling vials a bit less of a hassle. Pens look super intimidating, but after it's laid out one step at a time it turned out to be genuinely simple, and I'd tell other newbies to take the plunge if they're tempted.

Ret still gets my syringes, so these days if there's a needle in my hand, it's stomach only. The pens handle the booty.
Here's a trick: take a 3ML pen vial and fill it with tap water (that way your peps aren't wasted), clear out the air gap, then put it into your V2. Turn your pen's knob up to 15, and rather than attaching a pen needle to the tip, grab a regular insulin syringe, use it to inject the 3ml pen vial, and then hit your pen vial button so the insulin pen "injects." Should the insulin pen end up holding 15 units, your pen is good. Should it end up at 10, 12, 25, etc., then you'll know which kind of adjustment is needed.

Down the line, you might also want to go check out the Gansulin or similar auto injector pens: they're great 🙂
That's a solid piece of advice
 
Back
Top