Testosterone Injection: Subcutaneous vs Intramuscular?

Honestly, I doubt there's much of a difference. In my view, how often you take your dose likely carries more weight. Let your labs, your physician and your own sense of well-being guide you.

Don't overcomplicate it.
 
Gt3294a said:

Tbagger said:

jason370 said:

Tbagger said:

I gave subq a shot for a few weeks, but ended up moving to IM. My protocol is daily test c in MCT oil, and subq left lumps that stuck around for roughly two weeks. Once the lumpiness got bad, IM became the only option. IM itself doesn't bother me, but I'm considering cutting back on how often I pin, since daily IM injections get old fast.
What makes daily the choice over once a week or twice a week?
When I began TRT, I went with daily shots right away. My reasoning was that injecting more often keeps your levels steadier, which cuts down on issues like high hematocrit and E2. Before I started adjusting how often I inject, I wanted to see where my levels sat on a consistent schedule. Now I'm considering moving to a Monday, Wednesday, Friday routine to check what that does to my numbers.
I might be carrying over some unpleasant recollections from way back when, during which we'd jab 22 gauge needles into the glute for injections (why we consistently opted for larger gauge needles back then, I can't say, yet that was the norm). Even knowing an insulin needle is an option, the idea of putting a test shot into my belly area still makes me feel like I'm going to faint.
I went in with 22g about 10 years back too, probably because the gso was so thick. Moved to 23g, and these days 25g on the back of migoyl and mct oil. That one is for a summer run.
 
Since I use test prop, my daily amount is on the smaller side, and subq does the job well for me. I keep IM injections for cases where the volume is large or the shot is painful and above 1mL — things like l carnitine, glutathione, vitamin c, or any medication that specifically calls for IM administration.
 
For oil-based compounds, I'd simply recommend getting accustomed to IM. Put it on a mug warmer to improve flow and reduce pip. Use a 30g 1" needle so you reach deep into the muscle. My preference is .5cc/50 units per side, meaning left/right glute/VG/quad/delts. I inject every day.
 
Back
Top