Tesamorelin — how many vials can be reconstituted in one go?

Jfrick11

Explorer
Joined
Jan 19, 2025
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Location
Mexico
My experience with Tesamorelin is pretty limited....I'm aware it can be finicky, and I know there are tips for reconstituting it and so on.

What I haven't been able to track down, though...is there any reason I couldn't reconstitute 4 vials in a single session (a month's worth)? Given that it's basically liquid gold, I'd rather not mess this up.🤓
 
So my guess is that you're on 2mg daily, running it 5 days on, and your vials are 10mg. If it were me, I'd cap it at 2 vials mixed together — honestly, I'd probably just do 1 at a time. After mixing, Tesa breaks down gradually, and by the time week 2 rolls around that breakdown speeds up, though it ought to still be usable. Come week 3 and later, you could be looking at losing 10% or more of the strength. So once more, I'd want it as fresh as I can get it and would absolutely not prepare more than 2. The bac water vial you puncture stays okay for weeks 3 and 4, so I don't really get what it is you're worried about messing up.
 
Diamondd817 said:

Mine go 2 at once, which covers 10 days of use.

faloppi said:

So my guess is that you're on 2mg daily, running it 5 days on, and your vials are 10mg. If it were me, I'd cap it at 2 vials mixed together — honestly, I'd probably just do 1 at a time. After mixing, Tesa breaks down gradually, and by the time week 2 rolls around that breakdown speeds up, though it ought to still be usable. Come week 3 and later, you could be looking at losing 10% or more of the strength. So once more, I'd want it as fresh as I can get it and would absolutely not prepare more than 2. The bac water vial you puncture stays okay for weeks 3 and 4, so I don't really get what it is you're worried about messing up.
Appreciate it, both of you 👍
 
faloppi said:

So my guess is that you're on 2mg daily, running it 5 days on, and your vials are 10mg. If it were me, I'd cap it at 2 vials mixed together — honestly, I'd probably just do 1 at a time. After mixing, Tesa breaks down gradually, and by the time week 2 rolls around that breakdown speeds up, though it ought to still be usable. Come week 3 and later, you could be looking at losing 10% or more of the strength. So once more, I'd want it as fresh as I can get it and would absolutely not prepare more than 2. The bac water vial you puncture stays okay for weeks 3 and 4, so I don't really get what it is you're worried about messing up.
I'm not saying you're wrong — maybe you came across this somewhere — but can you show any evidence? I keep hearing the same thing again and again, yet I've never been able to track down a study that supports it.
 
There's nothing definitive here, and by and large you're correct. This comes from inferring based on a few data points and some searching. In some AI research I ran, "The one FDA-approved formulation that is reconstituted with bacteriostatic water — Egrifta WR — is validated to be stored at room temperature (20–25°C) and discarded 7 days after mixing. (FDA) The older formulations (Egrifta SV, original Egrifta) use sterile water and are meant to be used immediately." Although it isn't spelled out directly, that suggests the manufacturers are aware of something regarding potency and how it decays over time. Other studies exist, such as https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1399-3011.1991.tb00727.x , showing that human GHRH analogues underwent extensive degradation — not tesa exactly, but they share the same core 44-amino-acid foundation. According to that study's conclusion, incubated samples with the native structure had lost considerable growth hormone-releasing potency after 14 days as a result of structural shifts. So even though the precise timing and rate of degradation lean more toward speculation and anecdote, I'd say it's reasonable to conclude that fresh is best and that potency is very likely being lost with each day after recon. How much, and whether it's enough to actually matter if you still use it within 30 days or so? Obviously I can't say, but it's enough to convince me not to recon 4 vials at once.
 
Back
Top