Tesa/reta and taste changes

Nightowl23_19

Explorer
Joined
Jan 31, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Wisconsin
Has anyone else found that Tesa or Reta alters how things taste? I began taking both at the start of this week (Reta on Sat, Tesa on Sun). When I want a no-effort protein option, grilled chicken alongside a cucumber salad hits the spot. It's a favorite reliable meal that stops me from ordering take out. Yesterday, though, the flavor struck me as odd. By today, I couldn't finish it at all. The strange part is that each component eaten separately was fine, so nothing had gone bad. Yet once they were combined in a single bite, it was revolting. I ended up passing the dish to someone else and making a scrambled egg instead. While writing this, I suspect it's the Reta, but has this happened to anyone else?
 
That hasn't been the case for me. My typical liking for lots of foods is gone, and any urge to consume the foods that usually set me off has been nada.
 
Nightowl23_19 said:

Has anyone else found that Tesa or Reta alters how things taste? I began taking both at the start of this week (Reta on Sat, Tesa on Sun). When I want a no-effort protein option, grilled chicken alongside a cucumber salad hits the spot. It's a favorite reliable meal that stops me from ordering take out. Yesterday, though, the flavor struck me as odd. By today, I couldn't finish it at all. The strange part is that each component eaten separately was fine, so nothing had gone bad. Yet once they were combined in a single bite, it was revolting. I ended up passing the dish to someone else and making a scrambled egg instead. While writing this, I suspect it's the Reta, but has this happened to anyone else?
Sounds like covid-trutide might have gotten you🤣

That joke was awful

I'll show myself out
 
funlog said:

Since starting Reta, beer is the sole item whose flavor seems off to me. There's a sort of metallic note to it.
On reta, I can't get past a couple of glasses — any more and I feel like I'm going to throw up.
 
I'm on both of them. After my evening Tesa injection, I get a metallic sensation toward the rear of my mouth. Outside of that window, things taste pretty much the same to me.
 
Reta plus Tirz: alcohol is revolting now, and fresh ahi tuna, which I used to love, makes me gag.

What's ironic is that the foods packed with protein—exactly what I require—are the ones that have lost their appeal.

Same goes for protein powder smoothies. Urgg..
 
desinr-gal said:

Reta plus Tirz: alcohol is revolting now, and fresh ahi tuna, which I used to love, makes me gag.

What's ironic is that the foods packed with protein—exactly what I require—are the ones that have lost their appeal.

Same goes for protein powder smoothies. Urgg..

I completely agree, and it drives me crazy. When I was only on tirz, protein foods didn't bother me at all. But now that I'm adding reta alongside it, I definitely don't want anything protein-based. About 30 minutes ago I had to make myself down a shake, because I noticed that all I'm craving is carbs, carbs, carbs.
 
Been on Tesa and Reta for the last month. Over the weekend I stopped by a Farmer’s Market, and one of the vendors was handing out cookie samples. I tried a bite of their “most popular” chocolate cookie, and to me it was like eating dry chocolate chalk.

There are still times when I crave the same foods I’ve always eaten, but how much I enjoy them has clearly shifted. I’d link that to them not tasting quite as good. They’re still good, just not quite the way they used to be. It makes me question whether it’s really the taste itself, or whether my brain has simply stopped constantly firing off “this is yummy” signals, which could make me think the taste is better than it actually is.

No protein aversion here. No super high interest in carbs, which is actually not my baseline. I’ve always been the kind of person who would eat a whole loaf of Italian bread if left to my own devices.
 
Back
Top