Tesa Duration After Tirzepatide?

Dilbert4Life

Explorer
Joined
Jan 16, 2026
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Location
NSW
After tirzepatide has handled the bulk of the weight reduction and you're getting nearer to your target, if the idea is to bring in tesa specifically for visceral fat, what length of use is tesa meant to be taken for? I've come across conflicting guidance.

Is it just a single 12-week cycle, dosed 5 days on and 2 days off?

Would 2 cycles be needed?

Or a 16-week cycle instead?

I'm trying to get a handle on what the minimum expense would look like.
 
2mg daily, there's no proof behind ''cycling'', the best approach is to rely on your own judgment since continuous use is possible, you won't get any benefit from pausing because research shows it doesn't create tolerance, so take it however you like, cycling or not, whatever you prefer
 
Dilbert4Life said:

After tirzepatide has handled the bulk of the weight reduction and you're getting nearer to your target, if the idea is to bring in tesa specifically for visceral fat, what length of use is tesa meant to be taken for? I've come across conflicting guidance.

Is it just a single 12-week cycle, dosed 5 days on and 2 days off?

Would 2 cycles be needed?

Or a 16-week cycle instead?

I'm trying to get a handle on what the minimum expense would look like.
There's no reason to follow a 5 on 2 off schedule; daily dosing works best for Tesa, unless water retention becomes bothersome enough that you'd want weekly relief from it. I also agree with the previous point that extended use is acceptable—what stops you is really just personal choice and how much you're willing to spend, not any required cycling. For myself, I'm committed to at least 16 weeks and am roughly at the midpoint right now. At 2mg per day, 16 weeks adds up to 224 mg. Choosing 14 weeks instead would let you stay below 200mg overall, which fits either 2 10mg kits or 1 20mg kit, and either option would run about $300-350 for that duration.
 
ftv10hb said:

Dilbert4Life said:

After tirzepatide has handled the bulk of the weight reduction and you're getting nearer to your target, if the idea is to bring in tesa specifically for visceral fat, what length of use is tesa meant to be taken for? I've come across conflicting guidance.

Is it just a single 12-week cycle, dosed 5 days on and 2 days off?

Would 2 cycles be needed?

Or a 16-week cycle instead?

I'm trying to get a handle on what the minimum expense would look like.
There's no reason to follow a 5 on 2 off schedule; daily dosing works best for Tesa, unless water retention becomes bothersome enough that you'd want weekly relief from it. I also agree with the previous point that extended use is acceptable—what stops you is really just personal choice and how much you're willing to spend, not any required cycling. For myself, I'm committed to at least 16 weeks and am roughly at the midpoint right now. At 2mg per day, 16 weeks adds up to 224 mg. Choosing 14 weeks instead would let you stay below 200mg overall, which fits either 2 10mg kits or 1 20mg kit, and either option would run about $300-350 for that duration.
What results have you seen so far? Do you combine it with a GLP-1 such as tirz?

A dexa scan once the 14 weeks are up might be a solid way to decide whether to keep going or stop.
 
Anyone discussing tesamorelin dosing while ignoring IGF1 z-score is overlooking a key piece of the puzzle. Stick with a given dose for a minimum of 2 weeks, then test. At that point, determine if the dosage needs changing. Check levels once more after 1 month to assess your status.
 
100% agree. Never use GH segretagogues unless you check IGF-1 both before starting and while on them! A lot of individuals see a big response from doses well under 2mg/day. For me, even 500-750mcg daily caused a clear worsening of HRV and sleep quality.
 
Dilbert4Life said:

ftv10hb said:

Dilbert4Life said:

After tirzepatide has handled the bulk of the weight reduction and you're getting nearer to your target, if the idea is to bring in tesa specifically for visceral fat, what length of use is tesa meant to be taken for? I've come across conflicting guidance.

Is it just a single 12-week cycle, dosed 5 days on and 2 days off?

Would 2 cycles be needed?

Or a 16-week cycle instead?

I'm trying to get a handle on what the minimum expense would look like.
There's no reason to follow a 5 on 2 off schedule; daily dosing works best for Tesa, unless water retention becomes bothersome enough that you'd want weekly relief from it. I also agree with the previous point that extended use is acceptable—what stops you is really just personal choice and how much you're willing to spend, not any required cycling. For myself, I'm committed to at least 16 weeks and am roughly at the midpoint right now. At 2mg per day, 16 weeks adds up to 224 mg. Choosing 14 weeks instead would let you stay below 200mg overall, which fits either 2 10mg kits or 1 20mg kit, and either option would run about $300-350 for that duration.
What results have you seen so far? Do you combine it with a GLP-1 such as tirz?

A dexa scan once the 14 weeks are up might be a solid way to decide whether to keep going or stop.
For my stack, I use a maintenance dose of Reta at 3mg/week plus Ipamorelin at 300mcg taken 2x/daily. Tesa has worked really well for me; it started off slowly, yet I've seen a clear drop in belly fat and also gained muscle. Around weeks 6-8 it appeared to gain momentum and become much more obvious. My injections go in the AM, since both it and the Ipa disrupted my sleep when taken before bed, though most people seem to experience the reverse. Tesa costs quite a bit, but so far it's absolutely been worth it for me, and it's clearly done more for me than Sermorelin did.
 
I appreciate the heads-up about IGF levels. I've written that down.

Let me just add that communities like this one teach me so much, and I'm picking up a great deal. Thank you.
 
ltjltj said:

100% agree. Never use GH segretagogues unless you check IGF-1 both before starting and while on them! A lot of individuals see a big response from doses well under 2mg/day. For me, even 500-750mcg daily caused a clear worsening of HRV and sleep quality.
to be honest, that's really solid advice.
 
I was running Tesa with a 5-on, 2-off schedule as well. Really, it was just a way to get a pause from injecting 7 days a week.

However, after going through this, it seems like staying on it 7 days a week might be the better route. Is that right?
 
I've been meaning to give this a try before long. Back before I found gray, I ran a brief cycle of it. What I really enjoyed was the profound sleep I got from taking 1mg daily, 30 minutes prior to going to bed. After digging into many different protocols, it appears 26 weeks is what's needed for maximum benefit. My plan is to follow the more typical approach: 2mg each day, 5 days on and 2 days off. That said, a drawback I've come across is that visceral fat may come back once you stop cycling it. My hope is that with lifestyle factors locked in, that can be kept in check. Running a 26 week cycle at this protocol means you'd need 3 kits of 10mg, so it's still not an inexpensive route.
 
For a while I was injecting 2mg of Tesa plus 545mcg of Ipa every day. After 37 days, I made the call yesterday to pause for a week. My arms and hands had swollen with fluid to the point where it mimicked carpal tunnel — they felt tingly, numb and sore, as though I'd been lying on them for too long. Before I began, I did get IGF-1 levels checked. Should I manage to book another lab, I'll test again ahead of the next round.

Good news: just 24 hours after stopping, all those symptoms are noticeably reduced. There's also been a slight drop in abdominal fat.
 
I take 2mg whenever I train. My schedule is two workout days followed by one rest day, so that works out to 5 days on Tesa and 2 days off every week. I tallied up my used vials — 7 empties, each 10 mg — which means I'm 7 weeks in. Combined with the Reta, the change has been enormous.
 
This is the protocol from Jay Campbell.

7704b532b2d7578d87cb57d77f0b0779aeff5372693b0d637be1d497bf01ad84.png



Tesamorelin and Ipamorelin Blend: Benefits, Risks and Dosing


The advantages of combining Tesamorelin with Ipamorelin stem from engaging two potent GH pathways, leading to enhanced fat reduction and improved body composition. Below is what research indicates, along with usage guidelines.

Image unavailable

jaycampbell.com

My Recommended Protocol

Drawing from my own use, experience with thousands of clients, and the regimens detailed in my Peptide Cheat Sheet, this is precisely how I suggest administering this stack.

Tesamorelin/Ipamorelin Blend (exactly as listed in the Peptide Cheat Sheet):

The BioLongevity Labs blend is supplied as a 6mg/2mg vial (tesamorelin/ipamorelin).

Mix with 2ml bacteriostatic water.

Administer 300mcg tesamorelin / 100mcg ipamorelin per shot (10 units on an insulin syringe).

Shoot in the morning and evening.

Use for 5 days, then take 2 days off.

Run for 8 weeks, then pause for 8 weeks.

If using them individually:

Tesamorelin: 1mg injected under the skin at night before sleep (at least 90 minutes after your final meal), plus 1mg on waking (preferably ahead of fasted cardio).

Ipamorelin: 100mcg injected subcutaneously first thing upon rising and another 100mcg just before bedtime.

Cycling remains the same: 5 days on, 2 days off each week, for 8 weeks, followed by 8 weeks off.

Should you opt to inject Ipamorelin just once daily, do it prior to training… its quick action (GH peaks around 40 minutes after injection) makes it perfect as a pre-workout GH secretagogue.

For women, Monica advises the Tesamorelin/Ipamorelin blend at 150/50 mcg, taken in the evening while fasted, 5 times weekly, 8 weeks on, then 6-8 weeks off.
 
No rest days at all. Full throttle the whole time. 16 weeks. 2mg in the morning on an empty stomach. One kit plus two vials. 10mg. Once mixed, I don't put it in the fridge. It stays in a dark, cool cabinet.
 
I left this out earlier: my nightly dose is just Tesa 1mg plus Ipa .3mg. The schedule used to be 5 days on, 2 days off, but these days it's all 7 days of the week. I intend to keep it going for 30 weeks altogether
 
Back
Top