Telegram 101

Thanks everyone for the assistance. At this point I have 5 folders. Tg looks far less cluttered now. That ought to make picking it up a lot simpler. Indolent, the next thing I need to tackle is to follow your directions and get everything configured that way.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

I can't point you to a helpful YT video.

Creating folders does not require a Premium upgrade.

Open your settings

Tap Chat Folders

Set up whichever folders you need

Put channels into those folders

Save

Voilà!

In my experience, folders make things somewhat easier to handle. The platform isn't amazing, but for me it beats Discord and similar options. When it comes to buying from vendors and middlemen, WA is the absolute worst.
Appreciate it. This worked for me and made things easier.
 
Bioexplorer said:


Same here. I was very frustrated trying to find topics in TG chats until I learned to use the kabob menu in the upper right and just select "topics". Only thanks to asking Gemini for help. I find myself more and more just asking Gemini whenever I'm confused.

That is also when I learned that the 3 vertical dots are called the kabob menu and the 3 horizontal lines are called the hamburger menu.

Click to expand...
Are you located at the mall's food court?

cheaperseeker said:


I've heard about the hamburger menu coming but the kabob menu is new to me! Makes sense.

Click to expand...
Look at what I said earlier. I've used TG for a long time and that has never come up.
 
BNLFL said:


Are you at the food court at the mall?

See above. I've been on TG for quite a while and have never een that mentioned.

Click to expand...
Is the suggestion here that the mall food court is a place us boomers know better than the Telegram app? If that's what you mean, then yes, that's true.
 
Bioexplorer said:


Are you implying we boomers are more familiar with the mall food court than the telegram app? If so, yep.

Click to expand...
I belong to the millennial generation, yet I know my way around a shopping mall food court better than I do telegram.
 
Bioexplorer said:


Are you implying we boomers are more familiar with the mall food court than the telegram app? If so, yep.

Click to expand...
TG is just a tool, and I'm smart, so.... 🥰😉 That said, being GenX, I know the mall food court far better than TG.
 
HereKittyKitty said:


I'm GenX and way more familiar with the mall food court than TG though TG is a tool and I am smart so.... 🥰😉

Click to expand...
When was the last time I even glanced at a food court? Can't remember. Eating there? Even longer ago, if ever. The food itself would probably be fine, no argument from me on that. But it's inside a mall. Parking is a nightmare. And then there's the crowd...
 
Flash-BCR said:


I don't recall the last time I looked at a food court, let alone ate at there....I am sure I would like the food well enough but its in a mall...with bad parking.....and all those people...

Click to expand...
I also steer clear of malls, and most of the time the only food I eat is what I've made on my own. Other than my job, I run into actual humans face to face about as rarely as it's possible for a person to manage. 😉🤣🤣
 
HereKittyKitty said:


...and, outside of work, I people in person as infrequently as humanly possible. 😉🤣🤣

Click to expand...
Right!...I can be sociable and handle 'the small talk chit chat' when the situation calls for it, but when you really get to know me, I am just not user friendly... 😎
 
I can't stop using tg, yet honestly it's the most frustrating app I've ever come across. Jumping between a chat and a group is a total pain. And one wrong tap on the back button can leave you lost, struggling to figure out how to return to where you were.

Right now I'm looking into some other 3rd party apps:

Plus Messenger

Telegram X

Nekogram / Nagram

AyuGram / exteraGram

Nicegram

Xennials (Microgeneration 1977-1983): 1977 is considered the exact starting year for Xennials - a transitional generation between Gen X and Millennials. It is characterized by having had a completely analogous childhood (without internet and smartphones), but having stepped into the digital society during its formative teenage and adult years.
 
JohannesSweden77 said:

I can't stop using tg, yet honestly it's the most frustrating app I've ever come across. Jumping between a chat and a group is a total pain. And one wrong tap on the back button can leave you lost, struggling to figure out how to return to where you were.

Right now I'm looking into some other 3rd party apps:

Plus Messenger

Telegram X

Nekogram / Nagram

AyuGram / exteraGram

Nicegram

Xennials (Microgeneration 1977-1983): 1977 is considered the exact starting year for Xennials - a transitional generation between Gen X and Millennials. It is characterized by having had a completely analogous childhood (without internet and smartphones), but having stepped into the digital society during its formative teenage and adult years.
I belong to the Millennial generation, though all 3 of my siblings fall into Gen X. Because they had such a strong impact on me, I've long identified partly with Gen X as well. The term was new to me, yet the Xennial microgeneration strikes me as very logical.
 
Shittersfull said:

My birth year is 1984. A cell phone first came my way in 2007, and I didn't get a smart phone until 2016.
Eisenhower was in office when I came into this world....and believe it or not, my sister who is far younger than me also arrived while Eisenhower was president...We had absolutely nothing.......we hada walked miles and miles and miles just to get to school because nobody had come up with school buses yet.....For us kids, Color TV was the most amazing thing ever, and even that got topped by a phone where you didn't need to spin a rotary dial with your finger...
 
Flash-BCR said:


I don't recall the last time I looked at a food court, let alone ate at there....I am sure I would like the food well enough but its in a mall...with bad parking.....and all those people...

Click to expand...
I get why you feel that way. Shopping centers have changed a lot from how they once were.
 
Flash-BCR said:

Shittersfull said:

My birth year is 1984. A cell phone first came my way in 2007, and I didn't get a smart phone until 2016.
Eisenhower was in office when I came into this world....and believe it or not, my sister who is far younger than me also arrived while Eisenhower was president...We had absolutely nothing.......we hada walked miles and miles and miles just to get to school because nobody had come up with school buses yet.....For us kids, Color TV was the most amazing thing ever, and even that got topped by a phone where you didn't need to spin a rotary dial with your finger...
Guess that makes me feel young again. I had to look up when Eisenhower served as president.
 
Once you put in the time to figure out how it operates, there is plenty to appreciate. Its popularity is well deserved.
 
Shittersfull said:

Flash-BCR said:

Shittersfull said:

My birth year is 1984. A cell phone first came my way in 2007, and I didn't get a smart phone until 2016.
Eisenhower was in office when I came into this world....and believe it or not, my sister who is far younger than me also arrived while Eisenhower was president...We had absolutely nothing.......we hada walked miles and miles and miles just to get to school because nobody had come up with school buses yet.....For us kids, Color TV was the most amazing thing ever, and even that got topped by a phone where you didn't need to spin a rotary dial with your finger...
Guess that makes me feel young again. I had to look up when Eisenhower served as president.
The only difference is the age factor. 😆
 
I belong to the boomer generation, and I still recall food courts in malls.


I'm not certain about that in my case. We rarely went to the mall, mostly just near Christmas, but I couldn't say how many years it has been since my last visit. I really liked Sears for tools.


Same here, Buddy, and check what I wrote back to HKK.


When I was born, he still had 2 years remaining in his second term.
 
Back
Top