T3 and T4

Mr. Blonde

Explorer
Joined
Jun 18, 2025
Messages
303
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Has anyone here gotten to know their thyroid numbers and played around with T3 or T4 (levothyroxine, for instance, or similar)?

My own reading sits at 3.3. Technically that isn't elevated, yet it isn't sitting down at the bottom either. The range apparently runs up to about 4.2 before anything gets flagged as high.

I'm aware of sources (India) where the whole lineup can be bought. Thyroid compounds are just something I've never touched.

So I'm wondering what the learned folks on here would have to say.
 
If you're genuinely interested in studying up on this, check page 593 for T3 and page 595 for T5

As for me, I steer clear of them. Anxiety, tremor, and similar effects are things I really don't want, and they worry me enough that I stay away from anything likely to produce them under ordinary circumstances.

On top of that, they don't play nicely with other compounds. For the research chem community, where nobody really has a solid grasp on what those interactions look like, that strikes me as a gamble.

Plenty of bodybuilders do take them, though, aiming to raise metabolic rate and shed fat faster.
 
wildweasel said:

If you're genuinely interested in studying up on this, check page 593 for T3 and page 595 for T5

As for me, I steer clear of them. Anxiety, tremor, and similar effects are things I really don't want, and they worry me enough that I stay away from anything likely to produce them under ordinary circumstances.

On top of that, they don't play nicely with other compounds. For the research chem community, where nobody really has a solid grasp on what those interactions look like, that strikes me as a gamble.

Plenty of bodybuilders do take them, though, aiming to raise metabolic rate and shed fat faster.
Appreciate the knowledge, man
 
speaking as a person who has hashimoto's and whose levels stay steady for only about 6 months before going off again. my advice would be not to touch it unless a doctor is guiding you. or at minimum get a full panel blood test every 8 weeks. over the years mine have swung from very low to high to somewhat low to very high and back to very low, and it has brought me a lot of trouble. please just be careful
 
bbbilly said:

speaking as a person who has hashimoto's and whose levels stay steady for only about 6 months before going off again. my advice would be not to touch it unless a doctor is guiding you. or at minimum get a full panel blood test every 8 weeks. over the years mine have swung from very low to high to somewhat low to very high and back to very low, and it has brought me a lot of trouble. please just be careful
That's a solid suggestion.
 
If levothyroxine weren’t necessary for me, I’d skip it—the trembling, the anxiety, and the chest pain that comes from that anxiety are truly awful. Still, dosing it at night appears to make a big difference for those issues.
 
Getting thyroid levels dialed in is truly a delicate process, and from my perspective, it shouldn't be tinkered with unless an endocrinologist is involved. I take t4 alongside t3, and while chasing the correct dosage I've swung between underactive and overactive symptoms. Neither extreme feels good. That's just my 2 cents. Best of luck!!
 
Mr. Blonde said:

Has anyone here gotten to know their thyroid numbers and played around with T3 or T4 (levothyroxine, for instance, or similar)?

My own reading sits at 3.3. Technically that isn't elevated, yet it isn't sitting down at the bottom either. The range apparently runs up to about 4.2 before anything gets flagged as high.

I'm aware of sources (India) where the whole lineup can be bought. Thyroid compounds are just something I've never touched.

So I'm wondering what the learned folks on here would have to say.

Leave thyroid medication alone. I've been at both the bottom and the top of the normal range, and it barely changes how you feel or your capacity to drop weight. Once you begin tinkering with it, there will be consequences.
 
My perspective comes mostly from what I've picked up here on this forum, so take it as just my two cents. It makes sense that some people would consider inducing artificial hyperthyroidism as a way to boost metabolism. But consider this: @Rolltide61 has low thyroid, and because of that, glucagon has no effect on him. If that kind of relationship can go in one direction, could the opposite also hold—that elevated thyroid activity leads to too much GLP-1 activity? Should that be true, @Mr. Blonde , your glp-1 dose might be a problem. At the same dose, you could end up overmedicated, and because hypoglycemia is a real possibility, you'd need to be extremely careful. Years back, my mother underwent a thyroidectomy and has taken thyroid medication ever since. This is a very unpredictable area—even a tiny shift in hormone levels can produce effects that are far larger than expected.
 
Smiter said:

My perspective comes mostly from what I've picked up here on this forum, so take it as just my two cents. It makes sense that some people would consider inducing artificial hyperthyroidism as a way to boost metabolism. But consider this: @Rolltide61 has low thyroid, and because of that, glucagon has no effect on him. If that kind of relationship can go in one direction, could the opposite also hold—that elevated thyroid activity leads to too much GLP-1 activity? Should that be true, @Mr. Blonde , your glp-1 dose might be a problem. At the same dose, you could end up overmedicated, and because hypoglycemia is a real possibility, you'd need to be extremely careful. Years back, my mother underwent a thyroidectomy and has taken thyroid medication ever since. This is a very unpredictable area—even a tiny shift in hormone levels can produce effects that are far larger than expected.
Appreciate the response. No glp1 for me. At 6'1", my weight sits near 170. The goal is simply to achieve a Van Damme-style build by summer. I asked because I haven't noticed this topic come up, so I wanted to see if anyone had any input.
 
Mr. Blonde said:

Smiter said:

My perspective comes mostly from what I've picked up here on this forum, so take it as just my two cents. It makes sense that some people would consider inducing artificial hyperthyroidism as a way to boost metabolism. But consider this: @Rolltide61 has low thyroid, and because of that, glucagon has no effect on him. If that kind of relationship can go in one direction, could the opposite also hold—that elevated thyroid activity leads to too much GLP-1 activity? Should that be true, @Mr. Blonde , your glp-1 dose might be a problem. At the same dose, you could end up overmedicated, and because hypoglycemia is a real possibility, you'd need to be extremely careful. Years back, my mother underwent a thyroidectomy and has taken thyroid medication ever since. This is a very unpredictable area—even a tiny shift in hormone levels can produce effects that are far larger than expected.
Appreciate the response. No glp1 for me. At 6'1", my weight sits near 170. The goal is simply to achieve a Van Damme-style build by summer. I asked because I haven't noticed this topic come up, so I wanted to see if anyone had any input.
That's something I know about, thanks to the huge obsession I developed during the 90's with the JCVD look. My guess is your goal would be cutting, right? Have you ever used thermogenic fat burners from same day supplements? You've got plenty of choices, including Anavar/super shred/clen/salbutamol and diuretics too.
 
I've got anavar and clen sitting around already. It's just a matter of getting the nerve to give up being natural. I'm not on trt and haven't run a cycle....so far.

I suppose it's more about recomp while dropping fat, but I don't want to end up much lighter on the scale.
 
Mr. Blonde said:

I've got anavar and clen sitting around already. It's just a matter of getting the nerve to give up being natural. I'm not on trt and haven't run a cycle....so far.

I suppose it's more about recomp while dropping fat, but I don't want to end up much lighter on the scale.
My advice: stay away from clen altogether. Fat burners, modafinil and similar options can take you pretty far. For recomp, GLP's are an option, though pairing PEG-MGF and IGF-1 DES with BPC and TB-500 might turn those into your battle-tested closest allies alongside Anavar.
 
I wouldn't go tinkering with the thyroid itself. Since the liver is what converts T4 into T3, it'd be smart to get your liver looked at too, and perhaps work some glutathione into your stack. Just a heads up—it reeks 😀
 
Mr. Blonde said:

Smiter said:

My perspective comes mostly from what I've picked up here on this forum, so take it as just my two cents. It makes sense that some people would consider inducing artificial hyperthyroidism as a way to boost metabolism. But consider this: @Rolltide61 has low thyroid, and because of that, glucagon has no effect on him. If that kind of relationship can go in one direction, could the opposite also hold—that elevated thyroid activity leads to too much GLP-1 activity? Should that be true, @Mr. Blonde , your glp-1 dose might be a problem. At the same dose, you could end up overmedicated, and because hypoglycemia is a real possibility, you'd need to be extremely careful. Years back, my mother underwent a thyroidectomy and has taken thyroid medication ever since. This is a very unpredictable area—even a tiny shift in hormone levels can produce effects that are far larger than expected.
Appreciate the response. No glp1 for me. At 6'1", my weight sits near 170. The goal is simply to achieve a Van Damme-style build by summer. I asked because I haven't noticed this topic come up, so I wanted to see if anyone had any input.
If getting ready for summer is the only goal, thyroid medication would be at the very bottom of my list. Options like low dose reta, test, gh (or tesa), and mots c exist; plenty of alternatives are both safer and more effective.

My own experience includes cycling t4 and t3, and it isn't a quick fix you jump into for getting shredded while healthy otherwise.
 
Smiter said:

Mr. Blonde said:

I've got anavar and clen sitting around already. It's just a matter of getting the nerve to give up being natural. I'm not on trt and haven't run a cycle....so far.

I suppose it's more about recomp while dropping fat, but I don't want to end up much lighter on the scale.
My advice: stay away from clen altogether. Fat burners, modafinil and similar options can take you pretty far. For recomp, GLP's are an option, though pairing PEG-MGF and IGF-1 DES with BPC and TB-500 might turn those into your battle-tested closest allies alongside Anavar.
Has anyone run anavar by itself and then followed up with enclomiphene or something along those lines for PCT? I get that suppression happens. My main thing is I'd rather avoid going on TRT.
 
Mr. Blonde said:

Smiter said:

Mr. Blonde said:

I've got anavar and clen sitting around already. It's just a matter of getting the nerve to give up being natural. I'm not on trt and haven't run a cycle....so far.

I suppose it's more about recomp while dropping fat, but I don't want to end up much lighter on the scale.
My advice: stay away from clen altogether. Fat burners, modafinil and similar options can take you pretty far. For recomp, GLP's are an option, though pairing PEG-MGF and IGF-1 DES with BPC and TB-500 might turn those into your battle-tested closest allies alongside Anavar.
Has anyone run anavar by itself and then followed up with enclomiphene or something along those lines for PCT? I get that suppression happens. My main thing is I'd rather avoid going on TRT.
Right...that was during my last Var run. Head acne showed up. After that I ran PCT using anastrazole, followed by tamoxifen. Yeah, hold off on TRT for now. We'll start it at the same time...keep pushing until the finish. At the moment I'm on Var plus anastrazole during the cycle.
 
Smiter said:

Mr. Blonde said:

I've got anavar and clen sitting around already. It's just a matter of getting the nerve to give up being natural. I'm not on trt and haven't run a cycle....so far.

I suppose it's more about recomp while dropping fat, but I don't want to end up much lighter on the scale.
My advice: stay away from clen altogether. Fat burners, modafinil and similar options can take you pretty far. For recomp, GLP's are an option, though pairing PEG-MGF and IGF-1 DES with BPC and TB-500 might turn those into your battle-tested closest allies alongside Anavar.
I realize this thread isn't aimed at someone like me, but I've noticed you bring up modafinil more than once. Would you mind sharing what effects it has for you and what dosage you use? I bought 100mg tablets through IndiaMart, though I haven't gotten around to testing them yet. I picked them up since they were among the few results that appeared when I looked for ADHD treatments on IndiaMart.
 
GrandmaJ said:

Smiter said:

Mr. Blonde said:

I've got anavar and clen sitting around already. It's just a matter of getting the nerve to give up being natural. I'm not on trt and haven't run a cycle....so far.

I suppose it's more about recomp while dropping fat, but I don't want to end up much lighter on the scale.
My advice: stay away from clen altogether. Fat burners, modafinil and similar options can take you pretty far. For recomp, GLP's are an option, though pairing PEG-MGF and IGF-1 DES with BPC and TB-500 might turn those into your battle-tested closest allies alongside Anavar.
I realize this thread isn't aimed at someone like me, but I've noticed you bring up modafinil more than once. Would you mind sharing what effects it has for you and what dosage you use? I bought 100mg tablets through IndiaMart, though I haven't gotten around to testing them yet. I picked them up since they were among the few results that appeared when I looked for ADHD treatments on IndiaMart.
Modafinil was first created as a narcolepsy treatment, and it works as a drug that promotes wakefulness. It keeps you awake, yet it does not give you that jittery stimulant feeling that caffeine does. Focus and clarity go up. Your appetite drops, and energy levels rise. The tabs I use are 200mg, though I am a big fuck. Whether it helps with ADHD, I cannot say for sure, but I do notice that it lifts my mood. Other -afinil alternatives exist as well. My suggestion for you: split a 100mg tab down to 50mg and give that a try. Euphoria is another option worth testing.
 
Back
Top