Switching to Tirzepatide from Retatrutide: Dose Comparison

Rtrain

Explorer
Joined
Mar 28, 2026
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Location
Omaha
I've been on Retatrutide for 9 months now, currently at 9mg weekly. My schedule is 4mg on Tuesday and 5mg on Friday. For close to 2 months, I haven't seen any progress. If I were to take a break from Reta, what would be an equivalent Tirz dose? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
 
The 2 aren't the same beast at all. If I had to throw out a number, I'd say roughly 12mg.

That said, Tirz is likely to hit appetite harder.

If breaking the stall is what you're after, what's the reasoning behind dropping Reta instead of stacking in a small amount of tirz? Or Elora?
 
I've got a Tirz kit sitting unused so far. From what I've read, Tirz tends to suppress appetite more strongly than Reta. What I want to do is give Tirz a shot and see if it can get me past this stall. My plan would likely be to run a cycle of Tirz, then return to Reta afterward.
 
BBA1969 said:

The 2 aren't the same beast at all. If I had to throw out a number, I'd say roughly 12mg.

That said, Tirz is likely to hit appetite harder.

If breaking the stall is what you're after, what's the reasoning behind dropping Reta instead of stacking in a small amount of tirz? Or Elora?
I'm on the same page, and I'd suggest adding a 3rd weekly Tirz injection of 2.5mg. Then raise the dose gradually until the scale starts moving again.
 
Seasonal1 said:

BBA1969 said:

The 2 aren't the same beast at all. If I had to throw out a number, I'd say roughly 12mg.

That said, Tirz is likely to hit appetite harder.

If breaking the stall is what you're after, what's the reasoning behind dropping Reta instead of stacking in a small amount of tirz? Or Elora?
I'm on the same page, and I'd suggest adding a 3rd weekly Tirz injection of 2.5mg. Then raise the dose gradually until the scale starts moving again.
Appreciate the info. I plan to start tirzepatide alongside my retatrutide, and because I divide my weekly amount into separate shots, I have been trying to figure out the best way to do it. Pinning 4 times per week is not something I want to do.
 
sheilarae74 said:

Seasonal1 said:

BBA1969 said:

The 2 aren't the same beast at all. If I had to throw out a number, I'd say roughly 12mg.

That said, Tirz is likely to hit appetite harder.

If breaking the stall is what you're after, what's the reasoning behind dropping Reta instead of stacking in a small amount of tirz? Or Elora?
I'm on the same page, and I'd suggest adding a 3rd weekly Tirz injection of 2.5mg. Then raise the dose gradually until the scale starts moving again.
Appreciate the info. I plan to start tirzepatide alongside my retatrutide, and because I divide my weekly amount into separate shots, I have been trying to figure out the best way to do it. Pinning 4 times per week is not something I want to do.

I'm with you on that, and down the road I'd consolidate to just 1 injection each of Reta and Tirz every week.

According to the OP, the stall had lasted 2 months. To me, that's an awful spot to be in. A stall has never gone past a few days for me, though if my diet and activity were locked in and the scale still wouldn't move, I'd inject every day if that's what it took.

Right now my schedule is 3 pins per week: Tirz 7.5mg on Friday, Reta 4mg on Tuesday, and Cargi 1mg on Wednesday. Food noise is completely absent for me, so the only change I'm contemplating is trimming the stack rather than adding to it.

Since I'm someone who deals with a lot of food noise, I rank Tirz as the most critical GLP in my routine. Reta brings plenty of advantages, but suppressing food noise isn't one of them in my case. Cagri has been an intriguing thing to add, and I'm still forming an opinion on it. All 3 combined pack a serious punch.
 
Back
Top