Switching Reta from 2x/wk to 1x/wk: how to do it?

Troposphere

Explorer
Joined
Mar 30, 2026
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Location
Twin Cities
Right now I take 4mg/wk, divided into 2mg on Tuesday and 2mg on Saturday. I want to move to a once-a-week schedule. Should I simply inject 4mg on the next dose and see what happens, or is there some kind of gradual ramp-up I should follow? My goal is to keep side effects as low as possible.
 
Occasionally side effects catch me off guard. Even with a fairly low reta dose, I can still get short spells of fatigue, acid reflux, or trouble sleeping.

With that in mind, a more cautious route might be to keep splitting the dose, but as 3 mg plus 1 mg. After that, move to 4 mg.
 
I'm no professional, but if I were you I'd likely go right to 4mg/week, though I'd hold off for 7 days after the previous 2mg shot so levels in the body can drop. Other than that, since you've already gotten used to the drug, unwanted effects probably won't hit you as hard as they would someone just beginning...

This isn't guidance, just what I think
 
I'd either jump straight to 4, or if starting from 2 and 2, I'd shift to 3 and 1, and based on how that goes, I'd then move to 4 all at once.
 
What's the rationale behind that? Personally, I'm a firm believer in the twice-a-week approach. Moving to 1x per week makes side effects more probable.
 
Hunting season means I'll be on the road constantly, so I'm moving to a single weekly dose shortly. Right now my schedule is Sunday night plus Thursday morning. My plan: this week Sunday and Wednesday, next week Sunday and Tuesday, and after that the entire dose every Monday. I'll report back on how it works out.
 
Redz said:

What's the rationale behind that? Personally, I'm a firm believer in the twice-a-week approach. Moving to 1x per week makes side effects more probable.
Less frequent injections. I'm putting together an Ss31, mots-c and nad+ stack, so dropping even a single pin would be a plus.

I've had great results on reta at 2x/wk, so I'm with you there.

And to be blunt, I enjoy experimenting. I've hit my goal weight and I want to know whether another schedule would perform just as well or even better.
 
With a half-life around 6 days, the trials dosed once a week, and the weekly total stays 4 mg either way. If you've tolerated that weekly amount, moving directly from 2+2 to a single 4 mg injection is the standard consolidation; the tradeoff is a larger peak on injection day, so those who split to manage sides often keep splitting. For anyone prone to side effects, raising the single dose gradually across a couple of weeks is the more careful route instead of jumping straight in.
 
Troposphere said:

Right now I take 4mg/wk, divided into 2mg on Tuesday and 2mg on Saturday. I want to move to a once-a-week schedule. Should I simply inject 4mg on the next dose and see what happens, or is there some kind of gradual ramp-up I should follow? My goal is to keep side effects as low as possible.
Every day I'm doing somewhere between 7 and 9 injections. When it came to my reta, I gave the once-a-week approach a shot after being on twice a week - personally, that switch didn't deliver the same results, so I went back to splitting it into 2 doses per week.
 
Sub q injections are nothing to worry about—give intramuscular a shot and then you'll understand. Apart from that, it's really not a big deal, but everyone has their own preference!
 
Troposphere said:

Right now I take 4mg/wk, divided into 2mg on Tuesday and 2mg on Saturday. I want to move to a once-a-week schedule. Should I simply inject 4mg on the next dose and see what happens, or is there some kind of gradual ramp-up I should follow? My goal is to keep side effects as low as possible.
Do you inject subcutaneously or intramuscularly? My own routine is a subcutaneous shot 1x per week, and it does the job for me — it could do the same for you. If you're worried about sides, start at 3 mg; once things feel fine, move up to 4 that same day if fewer than 7 days have passed.
 
In your situation, I'd just take the full 4mg on Saturday.

ssmith said:

Troposphere said:

Right now I take 4mg/wk, divided into 2mg on Tuesday and 2mg on Saturday. I want to move to a once-a-week schedule. Should I simply inject 4mg on the next dose and see what happens, or is there some kind of gradual ramp-up I should follow? My goal is to keep side effects as low as possible.
Do you inject subcutaneously or intramuscularly? My own routine is a subcutaneous shot 1x per week, and it does the job for me — it could do the same for you. If you're worried about sides, start at 3 mg; once things feel fine, move up to 4 that same day if fewer than 7 days have passed.
This is Reta, not TRT. Reta gets injected subcutaneously.
 
Back
Top