Switching from Zepbound to Wegovy and Considering Grey Market?

jtx05

Explorer
Joined
Feb 9, 2026
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Location
Katy
My doctor put me on Zepbound in November 2024. It worked really well — I was eating very clean, hitting the gym 5/6 days a week, and my weight dropped from 360lbs to 196lbs. Then around August 2025 my insurance quit covering Zepbound, so I had to move to wegovy. My body didn't respond to wegovy the same way; the food noise started creeping back, and so on. At the end of 2025 my insurance stopped covering all glp's, so my doctor began a tapering-off plan. I'm 2 shots away from finishing, but I've climbed back to 230lbs. Once I take those last 2 wegovy shots, I'd like to return to Tirz.

Thanks ahead of time
 
Tirz from the grey market has been my choice and it's been fantastic. Funny thing is, my insurance came through with Zepbound approval, so now I've got a 2-year supply of Tirz sitting in my freezer, lol. I'll simply keep it stored, knowing it's there as a backup if I ever lose coverage. It's been delivering excellent results for me. Truth be told, compound or even Lilly direct were within my budget, but I'd rather go grey and mix my own.
 
Hello there. If that's the case, then resuming a glp is urgent for you! Look into it thoroughly and secure a supplier right away!

Wishing you success!
 
MFGamesta said:

If you decide to go grey, keep retatrutide in mind too.
Reta doesn't suit everyone... for a lot of people, the lack of appetite suppression is a dealbreaker
 
Hang in there. For me, 3 months of either Zepbound or Wegovy ran just $28 through insurance. When it came to fighting the change, my doctor offered nothing. I agreed to switch to Wegovy and gave it a month. During that time, the daily body composition data from my Withings scale told the story plainly: weight dropping steadily on Zep, then completely flat on Wegovy.

I gathered everything—including my earlier apnea and afib diagnoses—and handed it to an online appeals service. The charge was tiny (less than the cost of 2 pounds of Starbucks), and in return it produced a huge appeal that went out to my insurance and the drug plan administrators.

Rejection came quickly.

So I went back, submitted that rejection, and filed the free 2nd appeal. The volume of paperwork it generated was absurd. The service dispatched it everywhere: the insurer, the plan administrator, my employer’s HR plan administrator, and even state and federal bodies dealing with insurance, health, and the attorney general.

A week hadn’t passed before my insurance notified me that arbitration was mandatory.

The following day, a hefty document arrived from the arbitration firm: the insurance company had acted incorrectly, and its decision had to be overturned.

Two weeks after that, the insurance company told me my authorization would be extended for another year.

And the very next day, I had 3 months of Zepbound in hand.

So do the math. If insurance comes out cheaper, a structured appeal service might be worth trying.
 
Zepbound was my medication for 1 year, and I dropped 100lb on it. Then CVS pushed me over to Wegovy, which took off another 10lb. After that I spent a few months on compounded trizepatide and shed roughly 5lb, and now I'm sitting at my goal weight. My first grey-market trizepatide order just went in, thanks to what I picked up here. Really looking forward to the huge savings.

My sense is that trizepatide outperformed wegovy, though it's tough to judge given the stage I was at in my weight loss.
 
I took my first 2.5mg dose of T60 last Thursday, and I still have 1 Wegovy 0.25mg pen sitting unused. Would it be alright to take that pen today?
 
Back
Top