Switching from triz: what has it been like for you?

Atlanatpr

Explorer
Joined
Mar 29, 2026
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
Austin
I’ve been considering giving ret a shot. Currently I’m taking 8mg of trizepatide, and I’d like to hear how the change went for others. What was your dose before switching? What dose did you begin with? Were there any problems? How did the two compare? What were the advantages and drawbacks?
 
After dropping a lot of weight, I stayed on tirz 10 mg to maintain. The final 5 pounds I was aiming for just wouldn't come off, though. So I lowered the tirz and raised the reta, and I'm pleased with how it turned out. At this point I take tirz 5 mg plus reta 6 mg each week.
 
Reta was a poor fit in my case. Plenty of others have had success with it, which is why I hold it in high regard and intend to give it another try down the road. The problem was that Reta never delivered the level of appetite suppression I had gotten used to, and once I raised the dose it brought on a nasty side effect known as allodynia. So I went back to Tirz and kept shedding pounds. These days I still do 1mg of Reta each week, purely for old time's sake.
 
I'm in the middle of transitioning right now. Since I'm getting close to my maintenance weight, I'm lowering my Tirz dose while starting Reta at the same time. Even at 5mg, Tirz is simply too potent for me — my appetite is completely gone and eating feels like a chore I have to push through. My hope is that Reta will be gentler, and honestly, feeling some hunger again wouldn't bother me. If it just helps me feel satisfied sooner, that would be enough. Time will tell.

I've got a massive stash of Tirz sitting in the freezer, and on top of that, I now have a Zepbound prescription. So if Reta turns out not to be a good fit... well, I've still got more than enough Tirz to fall back on.
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

I'm in the middle of transitioning right now. Since I'm getting close to my maintenance weight, I'm lowering my Tirz dose while starting Reta at the same time. Even at 5mg, Tirz is simply too potent for me — my appetite is completely gone and eating feels like a chore I have to push through. My hope is that Reta will be gentler, and honestly, feeling some hunger again wouldn't bother me. If it just helps me feel satisfied sooner, that would be enough. Time will tell.

I've got a massive stash of Tirz sitting in the freezer, and on top of that, I now have a Zepbound prescription. So if Reta turns out not to be a good fit... well, I've still got more than enough Tirz to fall back on.
Strictly speaking, RET is meant to pack more punch than TRIZ. TRIZ targets 2 pathways, whereas RET targets 3. Something along the lines of Ozympic might suit you better, given that it only hits 1.
 
Hi,

I was on Tirz from August 2026 up to November 2026, and across those 4 months I dropped roughly 10Kg. After that I made the call to switch over to Reta, mostly due to the fact that whenever I attempted to titrate upward from 5mg/w to 6mg/W (or beyond), certain side effects appeared (digestive ones, for the most part).

My starting point was 1mg/w, and I raised Reta by 1mg every 2 weeks while simultaneously lowering Tirz by 1mg every 2 weeks. Once I reached 5mg/w of Reta, my weight loss stalled, so I chose to go up to 6mg/w, but the side effects came right back (diarrhoea being the main one), and I had some really rough days dealing with them. That meant I absolutely had to make a change.

Over the last weeks I settled on using 5mg every 6days, and so far it appears to be working well, and at the same time I introduced a very small dose of Cagri (0.125mg on the same days).

The diarrhoea is under control, possibly also due to the fact that I added Psillium to my diet.

I plan to keep going with 5mg/6d as long as it continues to work fine.
 
Back
Top