Switching from Tirz to Reta

SolidChick

Explorer
Joined
Dec 23, 2025
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Location
Pennsylvania
Hey everyone,

I've got a question. I've started looking into Ret. Right now I'm using Tirz. It's only been 3 weeks since I began. I was curious about making the switch to Ret. From what I've seen so far, most people move over when they're on larger doses. I planned to stick with Tirz for a while, but if I switched at this point, what would the process look like? At the moment I'm injecting 1.5 mg of Tirz each week.

Thanks so much for any guidance you can give me.
 
Hi,

At 1.5mg weekly, your tirzepatide amount sits under the 2.5mg per week that the manufacturer recommends for starting out. Simply swapping your weekly tirzepatide injection for retatrutide shouldn't cause any problems. In the TRIUMPH study on retatrutide, every participant began with 4 weeks at 2.5mg per week, after which the weekly amount went up in 2.5mg steps every 4 weeks. That's the schedule I'd stick to. If 1.5mg had already left you feeling sensitive to side effects, you could add 1 extra washout week (2 in total) between your final tirzepatide shot and your first retatrutide dose, though at such a low amount, the chances are you didn't experience much in the way of negative effects.
 
Cheers

Sparky757 said:

Hi,

At 1.5mg weekly, your tirzepatide amount sits under the 2.5mg per week that the manufacturer recommends for starting out. Simply swapping your weekly tirzepatide injection for retatrutide shouldn't cause any problems. In the TRIUMPH study on retatrutide, every participant began with 4 weeks at 2.5mg per week, after which the weekly amount went up in 2.5mg steps every 4 weeks. That's the schedule I'd stick to. If 1.5mg had already left you feeling sensitive to side effects, you could add 1 extra washout week (2 in total) between your final tirzepatide shot and your first retatrutide dose, though at such a low amount, the chances are you didn't experience much in the way of negative effects.
Much appreciated.

You are right about that. Side effects were not much of an issue for me.

Thanks a lot.
 
Back
Top