Switching from Tirz to Reta

SapphireGlitch60 said:

cldfront said:

SapphireGlitch60 said:

cldfront said:

I've been on 15mg tirz and haven't seen progress for a year. Without lowering my tirz dose, I introduced 0.25mg reta. Around a year back, I gave reta a shot at 1mg and ended up with severe gastrointestinal problems, so this time I'm beginning at a very low dose and increasing it gradually. Here's my approach: 4 weeks at 15t/0.25r, then 4 weeks at 15t/0.5r, followed by 15t/0.75r, and lastly 12.5t/1r, after which I'll assess how I feel.
What's your experience with this so far?
Right now I take 12.5 tirz, plus 0.25 reta on that same day, followed by another 0.5mg reta 3 days afterward. When I attempted a second split dose of 0.25mg reta, my stomach got a bit unsettled, and I don't want that happening again, so I'm still moving very slowly. Cutting back my tirz slightly hasn't made anything worse that I can tell, and the reta seems to add a bit more appetite suppression. I'm sitting near the bottom of the 195lb to 200 range I've been fluctuating in, but there's no real new loss to share yet.

My hope is that by continuing to slowly titrate the reta, I'll tolerate it well enough to kick off fresh loss. I'm also getting ready to count calories and stick to a meal plan again, since I feel like I've got a little more medication support now.

tldr: I'm optimistic!
Best of luck!! For 2 months now I've been hovering between 193 and 195, unable to break through. I introduced Cagri and recently increased tirz to 15mg. Fingers crossed that finally shifts something. With only a month of tirz remaining, I'm torn about what comes next: keep my tirz/cagri stack, layer in reta, or move fully to Reta while keeping the cagri…no clue.

I belong to the broken gen-x crowd and have spent my whole life on one 'diet' or another…tracking calories makes me want to heave, but if those last 30 lbs are ever going to come off, I may need to buckle down for real. The gym is giving me genuine progress, yet I still want to reach my goal!!
We're kind of like twins in a way - every diet out there, I've tried it too, and I just hit 52. My starting weight was 280, so if 195 turns out to be where I land once all this experimenting is over, I'll be on my knees with gratitude, even if my real dream number is 165.

FWIW, going up to 15mg Tirz (and then trying 20mg for 1 month) didn't have the same spark that the lower doses did earlier on for me. If stacking Reta doesn't figure it out, I'll keep an eye out for Elora becoming easier to get. Or maybe I'll just focus on being okay mentally with where I am.
 
cldfront said:

SapphireGlitch60 said:

cldfront said:

SapphireGlitch60 said:

cldfront said:

I've been on 15mg tirz and haven't seen progress for a year. Without lowering my tirz dose, I introduced 0.25mg reta. Around a year back, I gave reta a shot at 1mg and ended up with severe gastrointestinal problems, so this time I'm beginning at a very low dose and increasing it gradually. Here's my approach: 4 weeks at 15t/0.25r, then 4 weeks at 15t/0.5r, followed by 15t/0.75r, and lastly 12.5t/1r, after which I'll assess how I feel.
What's your experience with this so far?
Right now I take 12.5 tirz, plus 0.25 reta on that same day, followed by another 0.5mg reta 3 days afterward. When I attempted a second split dose of 0.25mg reta, my stomach got a bit unsettled, and I don't want that happening again, so I'm still moving very slowly. Cutting back my tirz slightly hasn't made anything worse that I can tell, and the reta seems to add a bit more appetite suppression. I'm sitting near the bottom of the 195lb to 200 range I've been fluctuating in, but there's no real new loss to share yet.

My hope is that by continuing to slowly titrate the reta, I'll tolerate it well enough to kick off fresh loss. I'm also getting ready to count calories and stick to a meal plan again, since I feel like I've got a little more medication support now.

tldr: I'm optimistic!
Best of luck!! For 2 months now I've been hovering between 193 and 195, unable to break through. I introduced Cagri and recently increased tirz to 15mg. Fingers crossed that finally shifts something. With only a month of tirz remaining, I'm torn about what comes next: keep my tirz/cagri stack, layer in reta, or move fully to Reta while keeping the cagri…no clue.

I belong to the broken gen-x crowd and have spent my whole life on one 'diet' or another…tracking calories makes me want to heave, but if those last 30 lbs are ever going to come off, I may need to buckle down for real. The gym is giving me genuine progress, yet I still want to reach my goal!!
We're kind of like twins in a way - every diet out there, I've tried it too, and I just hit 52. My starting weight was 280, so if 195 turns out to be where I land once all this experimenting is over, I'll be on my knees with gratitude, even if my real dream number is 165.

FWIW, going up to 15mg Tirz (and then trying 20mg for 1 month) didn't have the same spark that the lower doses did earlier on for me. If stacking Reta doesn't figure it out, I'll keep an eye out for Elora becoming easier to get. Or maybe I'll just focus on being okay mentally with where I am.
Yep, 15mg isn't doing the trick for me anymore either. About 26 months back I weighed 272 lbs, and these days I'm hovering around 195. This whole thing has completely changed my life, but I'm still carrying extra weight and honestly, I don't want to be. Don't misunderstand me — I'm beyond thrilled with the body I have now, but a decent chunk of me keeps thinking all this effort should earn me a pair of size 8 jeans.
 
Back
Top