Switching from Tirz to Reta

Gatorade

Explorer
Joined
Jul 10, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Arkansas
For anyone who has made the change from tirz to reta: what was your approach to the switch? Do you begin incorporating Reta while you still have tirz left to use? Or do you hold off until it has completely cleared from your body?
 
Hey Gatorade, glad to have you here.

It might help to run a search for what you're asking. This subject has come up in a number of threads already, so there's no real reason to create another one for a question that's already been covered repeatedly.

Welcome again. There's plenty of help and info available in this community.
 
Herkimer P Shagnasty said:

Hey Gatorade, glad to have you here.

It might help to run a search for what you're asking. This subject has come up in a number of threads already, so there's no real reason to create another one for a question that's already been covered repeatedly.

Welcome again. There's plenty of help and info available in this community.
Sure, that’s reasonable—but plenty of us are here to take part in a new forum, and for a newcomer like me this subject is absolutely relevant too.

And just to add: I clicked into this thread because I wanted to hear personal experiences. Maybe a few people will still chime in and I can too? Getting to talk with someone who’s actually been through it would be better than just going through an older thread.

Also, welcome Gatorade!
 
Plenty of people drop their Tirz dose while bringing Reta on board. If I were in that spot, though, I'd step Tirz down gradually — to 5mg minimum, or even 2.5 if hunger weren't out of control. After that, cut Tirz out entirely and begin Reta at the low 2mg dose, then move up slowly. Running each one on its own, I believe, tells you a lot about how well each works. Only once you've got that comparison in hand would I think about stacking them. Keep in mind, this is a marathon. I've been on Tirz (10mg) for close to nine months, and so long as my weight isn't climbing and I feel fine, a one month stall isn't something I'll stress over.
 
This is a post I made a while back about how I made the switch from Tirz to Reta. As of week 30, I've dropped 73lb (26%) and now weigh 208lb, on 18mg Reta plus .25mg Sema. The rate is still holding at about 1% w/w.

woundcarping said:


Everyone has their own thoughts, here's my observations/experiences:

What was your Tirz dose?

I started Zep 12/12/25, I moved to compounded Tirz and was at 2.5mg 2x weekly until 1/10 when I moved to Reta. I took 7mg of Reta in total across 6 doses my first week. I've had 6 doses of Tirz since I started the bridge, totaling 14mg. I've had a total of 34 doses of Reta totaling 143mg. That averages 11.6mg/week with a chunk of that being getting my blood levels up using numerous small doses so I wouldn't overshoot and run into sides I had to wait out.

I moved to Reta for the GCGR signaling to boost BMR and presumptively spare lean mass better than Tirz.

GCGR signaling is dose dependent. Titrating Reta based on appetite/food noise is incorrect for reta, correct for Sema, Tirz, or Cagri. I titrated based on aversion to sides with the goal to get to or above 8mg/week levels for meaningful GCGR signaling.

I take Tirz PRN mainly to control food noise more so than hunger... my long term issue has been noise/brain side more than hunger/stomach side. I'll still take a bump if I expect the probability for trouble (like the 2.5mg dose in early March since I was traveling to either side of the country and back in 8 days).

Down 33lb since 1/10/25, 272lb to 239lb, practically all fat according to DEXA scans.

Had no meaningfully adverse sides.

Split dose, 2x weekly.

16mg/week with split dosing keeping my peaks only 15% higher than 12mg/once weekly (7mg 2x weekly has the same peaks).

RHR average hit a valley low of 58bpm on Tirz and is currently averaging 69-70bpm. This is inside my comfort level.

I don't expect 16mg to be magical over 12mg, but I do expect it to move my equilibrium point down ~10lb. That doesn't sound like much, but arguably that would be the hardest 10lb to lose. I chose to escalate my dose based on my sides and metrics including labs, fitness tracking, and sleep. I chose to do it now while I'm still resilient to the added stress vs later when systemic stress fatigue could be presenting.

Writing this post, I realized I failed to get labs on Lipase and Amylase to check my pancreas directly. My other labs suggest I'm doing fine, but gallstones/pancreatitis is my most likely hiccup. I'll get those labs drawn in the morning and report back if there's anything noteworthy.

View attachment 19076

View attachment 19081

Click to expand...
 
I've been on 15mg tirz and haven't seen progress for a year. Without lowering my tirz dose, I introduced 0.25mg reta. Around a year back, I gave reta a shot at 1mg and ended up with severe gastrointestinal problems, so this time I'm beginning at a very low dose and increasing it gradually. Here's my approach: 4 weeks at 15t/0.25r, then 4 weeks at 15t/0.5r, followed by 15t/0.75r, and lastly 12.5t/1r, after which I'll assess how I feel.
 
eidos said:

By taking both simultaneously, I made this question moot.
I've got 10mg reta on the way, should arrive today, and I plan to add it on top of the tirz over the next 2 weeks...since the vials are 10mg, I can begin with 1mg and ramp up from there...I've always responded strongly to these meds, so even if @BNLFL tells me to 'start' at 2mg, I figure I'll be at that point before long... 😎 👍
 
Flash-BCR said:

eidos said:

By taking both simultaneously, I made this question moot.
I've got 10mg reta on the way, should arrive today, and I plan to add it on top of the tirz over the next 2 weeks...since the vials are 10mg, I can begin with 1mg and ramp up from there...I've always responded strongly to these meds, so even if @BNLFL tells me to 'start' at 2mg, I figure I'll be at that point before long... 😎 👍
I'm in the same boat — my first vial was 10 mg too. The difference is my doses went 2.5, 2.5, then 5. For a good while now I've been sitting at 7.5 and then 10. What keeps me honest is looking at my average daily blood sugar numbers, plus how strong the side effects feel.
 
Flash-BCR said:

eidos said:

By taking both simultaneously, I made this question moot.
I've got 10mg reta on the way, should arrive today, and I plan to add it on top of the tirz over the next 2 weeks...since the vials are 10mg, I can begin with 1mg and ramp up from there...I've always responded strongly to these meds, so even if @BNLFL tells me to 'start' at 2mg, I figure I'll be at that point before long... 😎 👍
I said it, and here's the proof.

eidos said:

Flash-BCR said:

eidos said:

By taking both simultaneously, I made this question moot.
I've got 10mg reta on the way, should arrive today, and I plan to add it on top of the tirz over the next 2 weeks...since the vials are 10mg, I can begin with 1mg and ramp up from there...I've always responded strongly to these meds, so even if @BNLFL tells me to 'start' at 2mg, I figure I'll be at that point before long... 😎 👍
I'm in the same boat — my first vial was 10 mg too. The difference is my doses went 2.5, 2.5, then 5. For a good while now I've been sitting at 7.5 and then 10. What keeps me honest is looking at my average daily blood sugar numbers, plus how strong the side effects feel.
 
BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

eidos said:

By taking both simultaneously, I made this question moot.
I've got 10mg reta on the way, should arrive today, and I plan to add it on top of the tirz over the next 2 weeks...since the vials are 10mg, I can begin with 1mg and ramp up from there...I've always responded strongly to these meds, so even if @BNLFL tells me to 'start' at 2mg, I figure I'll be at that point before long... 😎 👍
I said it, and here's the proof.

eidos said:

Flash-BCR said:

eidos said:

By taking both simultaneously, I made this question moot.
I've got 10mg reta on the way, should arrive today, and I plan to add it on top of the tirz over the next 2 weeks...since the vials are 10mg, I can begin with 1mg and ramp up from there...I've always responded strongly to these meds, so even if @BNLFL tells me to 'start' at 2mg, I figure I'll be at that point before long... 😎 👍
I'm in the same boat — my first vial was 10 mg too. The difference is my doses went 2.5, 2.5, then 5. For a good while now I've been sitting at 7.5 and then 10. What keeps me honest is looking at my average daily blood sugar numbers, plus how strong the side effects feel.
Alright, perhaps I'll give it a shot....though during my initial weekend on tirz at 2.5mg, I threw up....these days I barely get any side effects with tirz at 5mg taken twice weekly, so it's hard to say...
 
Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

eidos said:

By taking both simultaneously, I made this question moot.
I've got 10mg reta on the way, should arrive today, and I plan to add it on top of the tirz over the next 2 weeks...since the vials are 10mg, I can begin with 1mg and ramp up from there...I've always responded strongly to these meds, so even if @BNLFL tells me to 'start' at 2mg, I figure I'll be at that point before long... 😎 👍
I said it, and here's the proof.

eidos said:

Flash-BCR said:

eidos said:

By taking both simultaneously, I made this question moot.
I've got 10mg reta on the way, should arrive today, and I plan to add it on top of the tirz over the next 2 weeks...since the vials are 10mg, I can begin with 1mg and ramp up from there...I've always responded strongly to these meds, so even if @BNLFL tells me to 'start' at 2mg, I figure I'll be at that point before long... 😎 👍
I'm in the same boat — my first vial was 10 mg too. The difference is my doses went 2.5, 2.5, then 5. For a good while now I've been sitting at 7.5 and then 10. What keeps me honest is looking at my average daily blood sugar numbers, plus how strong the side effects feel.
Alright, perhaps I'll give it a shot....though during my initial weekend on tirz at 2.5mg, I threw up....these days I barely get any side effects with tirz at 5mg taken twice weekly, so it's hard to say...
I was only joking around. It's 2:09 where you are and you're online?
 
BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

eidos said:

By taking both simultaneously, I made this question moot.
I've got 10mg reta on the way, should arrive today, and I plan to add it on top of the tirz over the next 2 weeks...since the vials are 10mg, I can begin with 1mg and ramp up from there...I've always responded strongly to these meds, so even if @BNLFL tells me to 'start' at 2mg, I figure I'll be at that point before long... 😎 👍
I said it, and here's the proof.

eidos said:

Flash-BCR said:

eidos said:

By taking both simultaneously, I made this question moot.
I've got 10mg reta on the way, should arrive today, and I plan to add it on top of the tirz over the next 2 weeks...since the vials are 10mg, I can begin with 1mg and ramp up from there...I've always responded strongly to these meds, so even if @BNLFL tells me to 'start' at 2mg, I figure I'll be at that point before long... 😎 👍
I'm in the same boat — my first vial was 10 mg too. The difference is my doses went 2.5, 2.5, then 5. For a good while now I've been sitting at 7.5 and then 10. What keeps me honest is looking at my average daily blood sugar numbers, plus how strong the side effects feel.
Alright, perhaps I'll give it a shot....though during my initial weekend on tirz at 2.5mg, I threw up....these days I barely get any side effects with tirz at 5mg taken twice weekly, so it's hard to say...
I was only joking around. It's 2:09 where you are and you're online?
Same here...I'll get 1 or 4 hours, then I'm up, can't drift back off, so I read or do something, and later I might grab a few more hours....or I might not... 😳
 
BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

eidos said:

By taking both simultaneously, I made this question moot.
I've got 10mg reta on the way, should arrive today, and I plan to add it on top of the tirz over the next 2 weeks...since the vials are 10mg, I can begin with 1mg and ramp up from there...I've always responded strongly to these meds, so even if @BNLFL tells me to 'start' at 2mg, I figure I'll be at that point before long... 😎 👍
I said it, and here's the proof.

eidos said:

Flash-BCR said:

eidos said:

By taking both simultaneously, I made this question moot.
I've got 10mg reta on the way, should arrive today, and I plan to add it on top of the tirz over the next 2 weeks...since the vials are 10mg, I can begin with 1mg and ramp up from there...I've always responded strongly to these meds, so even if @BNLFL tells me to 'start' at 2mg, I figure I'll be at that point before long... 😎 👍
I'm in the same boat — my first vial was 10 mg too. The difference is my doses went 2.5, 2.5, then 5. For a good while now I've been sitting at 7.5 and then 10. What keeps me honest is looking at my average daily blood sugar numbers, plus how strong the side effects feel.
Alright, perhaps I'll give it a shot....though during my initial weekend on tirz at 2.5mg, I threw up....these days I barely get any side effects with tirz at 5mg taken twice weekly, so it's hard to say...
I was only joking around. It's 2:09 where you are and you're online?
...I have to admit, though, I am giving serious thought to making the sleep and relaxation peptides my next major peptide purchase....The problem is I have no space for them, and my girlfriend has just about reached her limit with all the packages and supplies that keep arriving, so I will need to sneak this one in...😳😎👍
 
Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

eidos said:

By taking both simultaneously, I made this question moot.
I've got 10mg reta on the way, should arrive today, and I plan to add it on top of the tirz over the next 2 weeks...since the vials are 10mg, I can begin with 1mg and ramp up from there...I've always responded strongly to these meds, so even if @BNLFL tells me to 'start' at 2mg, I figure I'll be at that point before long... 😎 👍
I said it, and here's the proof.

eidos said:

Flash-BCR said:

eidos said:

By taking both simultaneously, I made this question moot.
I've got 10mg reta on the way, should arrive today, and I plan to add it on top of the tirz over the next 2 weeks...since the vials are 10mg, I can begin with 1mg and ramp up from there...I've always responded strongly to these meds, so even if @BNLFL tells me to 'start' at 2mg, I figure I'll be at that point before long... 😎 👍
I'm in the same boat — my first vial was 10 mg too. The difference is my doses went 2.5, 2.5, then 5. For a good while now I've been sitting at 7.5 and then 10. What keeps me honest is looking at my average daily blood sugar numbers, plus how strong the side effects feel.
Alright, perhaps I'll give it a shot....though during my initial weekend on tirz at 2.5mg, I threw up....these days I barely get any side effects with tirz at 5mg taken twice weekly, so it's hard to say...
I was only joking around. It's 2:09 where you are and you're online?
Same here...I'll get 1 or 4 hours, then I'm up, can't drift back off, so I read or do something, and later I might grab a few more hours....or I might not... 😳
For sleep, magnesium plus a Restelle patch and benadryl have helped. 4am every time for a long stretch. I'm usually in bed by 8-8:30 and out right away.

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

eidos said:

By taking both simultaneously, I made this question moot.
I've got 10mg reta on the way, should arrive today, and I plan to add it on top of the tirz over the next 2 weeks...since the vials are 10mg, I can begin with 1mg and ramp up from there...I've always responded strongly to these meds, so even if @BNLFL tells me to 'start' at 2mg, I figure I'll be at that point before long... 😎 👍
I said it, and here's the proof.

eidos said:

Flash-BCR said:

eidos said:

By taking both simultaneously, I made this question moot.
I've got 10mg reta on the way, should arrive today, and I plan to add it on top of the tirz over the next 2 weeks...since the vials are 10mg, I can begin with 1mg and ramp up from there...I've always responded strongly to these meds, so even if @BNLFL tells me to 'start' at 2mg, I figure I'll be at that point before long... 😎 👍
I'm in the same boat — my first vial was 10 mg too. The difference is my doses went 2.5, 2.5, then 5. For a good while now I've been sitting at 7.5 and then 10. What keeps me honest is looking at my average daily blood sugar numbers, plus how strong the side effects feel.
Alright, perhaps I'll give it a shot....though during my initial weekend on tirz at 2.5mg, I threw up....these days I barely get any side effects with tirz at 5mg taken twice weekly, so it's hard to say...
I was only joking around. It's 2:09 where you are and you're online?
...I have to admit, though, I am giving serious thought to making the sleep and relaxation peptides my next major peptide purchase....The problem is I have no space for them, and my girlfriend has just about reached her limit with all the packages and supplies that keep arriving, so I will need to sneak this one in...😳😎👍
My wife is aware Reta is the only thing we've got, though she doesn't know how much. She takes it as well, but I load her syringe and give her the shot. Not the enjoyable kind, though. 🤣 Everything of mine lives in the garage freezer, with supplies in a garage cabinet. That cabinet she has looked inside.
 
BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

eidos said:

By taking both simultaneously, I made this question moot.
I've got 10mg reta on the way, should arrive today, and I plan to add it on top of the tirz over the next 2 weeks...since the vials are 10mg, I can begin with 1mg and ramp up from there...I've always responded strongly to these meds, so even if @BNLFL tells me to 'start' at 2mg, I figure I'll be at that point before long... 😎 👍
I said it, and here's the proof.

eidos said:

Flash-BCR said:

eidos said:

By taking both simultaneously, I made this question moot.
I've got 10mg reta on the way, should arrive today, and I plan to add it on top of the tirz over the next 2 weeks...since the vials are 10mg, I can begin with 1mg and ramp up from there...I've always responded strongly to these meds, so even if @BNLFL tells me to 'start' at 2mg, I figure I'll be at that point before long... 😎 👍
I'm in the same boat — my first vial was 10 mg too. The difference is my doses went 2.5, 2.5, then 5. For a good while now I've been sitting at 7.5 and then 10. What keeps me honest is looking at my average daily blood sugar numbers, plus how strong the side effects feel.
Alright, perhaps I'll give it a shot....though during my initial weekend on tirz at 2.5mg, I threw up....these days I barely get any side effects with tirz at 5mg taken twice weekly, so it's hard to say...
I was only joking around. It's 2:09 where you are and you're online?
Same here...I'll get 1 or 4 hours, then I'm up, can't drift back off, so I read or do something, and later I might grab a few more hours....or I might not... 😳
For sleep, magnesium plus a Restelle patch and benadryl have helped. 4am every time for a long stretch. I'm usually in bed by 8-8:30 and out right away.

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

eidos said:

By taking both simultaneously, I made this question moot.
I've got 10mg reta on the way, should arrive today, and I plan to add it on top of the tirz over the next 2 weeks...since the vials are 10mg, I can begin with 1mg and ramp up from there...I've always responded strongly to these meds, so even if @BNLFL tells me to 'start' at 2mg, I figure I'll be at that point before long... 😎 👍
I said it, and here's the proof.

eidos said:

Flash-BCR said:

eidos said:

By taking both simultaneously, I made this question moot.
I've got 10mg reta on the way, should arrive today, and I plan to add it on top of the tirz over the next 2 weeks...since the vials are 10mg, I can begin with 1mg and ramp up from there...I've always responded strongly to these meds, so even if @BNLFL tells me to 'start' at 2mg, I figure I'll be at that point before long... 😎 👍
I'm in the same boat — my first vial was 10 mg too. The difference is my doses went 2.5, 2.5, then 5. For a good while now I've been sitting at 7.5 and then 10. What keeps me honest is looking at my average daily blood sugar numbers, plus how strong the side effects feel.
Alright, perhaps I'll give it a shot....though during my initial weekend on tirz at 2.5mg, I threw up....these days I barely get any side effects with tirz at 5mg taken twice weekly, so it's hard to say...
I was only joking around. It's 2:09 where you are and you're online?
...I have to admit, though, I am giving serious thought to making the sleep and relaxation peptides my next major peptide purchase....The problem is I have no space for them, and my girlfriend has just about reached her limit with all the packages and supplies that keep arriving, so I will need to sneak this one in...😳😎👍
My wife is aware Reta is the only thing we've got, though she doesn't know how much. She takes it as well, but I load her syringe and give her the shot. Not the enjoyable kind, though. 🤣 Everything of mine lives in the garage freezer, with supplies in a garage cabinet. That cabinet she has looked inside.
Yep, the magnesium glycinate sits right there on my nightstand, yet I keep forgetting to actually take it 😳. Benadryl usually does put me under, though the sleep it gives feels hazy. I've seen those sleepy pep reviews talking about [[Q2]] and similar claims, and they appeal to me...

Getting that small chest freezer inside the condo went smoother than I expected — barely any pushback. I had prepared myself for serious side-eye, but there was hardly a reaction...I've just loaded the first case of 20 kits. Everything in there is GLP-1, reta, tirz, plus a small amount of sema...That's my long-term stash, meant to stay untouched for several years...Above it goes another 20-kit case containing a blend of GLP-1 and therapy peps. Once the final 2-4 kits arrive, that case gets tucked in too and likely won't be reopened for ages...Then there are about 26 kits I'll divide between a third case of 'working' kits I'll pull from once or twice a year, and some vial cases (you sent me the link for one I bought on the Amazons) for daily use, which will sit in the vegetable drawer alongside the salad stuff....

Thinking it over, maybe I've earned a bit of eye rolling after all...😳😎 Still, I'll be relieved once every case is stored away. Out of sight, out of mind...👍
 
my rt should arrive next week (that's 3 weeks from now), and my plan is to stay on tr at 5mg while bumping up rt by 0.25 each week until i hit 2.5 mg, after which i might drop tr down to 2.5mg... we'll see if that approach pans out.... rt is completely new to me... so...
 
cldfront said:

I've been on 15mg tirz and haven't seen progress for a year. Without lowering my tirz dose, I introduced 0.25mg reta. Around a year back, I gave reta a shot at 1mg and ended up with severe gastrointestinal problems, so this time I'm beginning at a very low dose and increasing it gradually. Here's my approach: 4 weeks at 15t/0.25r, then 4 weeks at 15t/0.5r, followed by 15t/0.75r, and lastly 12.5t/1r, after which I'll assess how I feel.
What's your experience with this so far?
 
SapphireGlitch60 said:

cldfront said:

I've been on 15mg tirz and haven't seen progress for a year. Without lowering my tirz dose, I introduced 0.25mg reta. Around a year back, I gave reta a shot at 1mg and ended up with severe gastrointestinal problems, so this time I'm beginning at a very low dose and increasing it gradually. Here's my approach: 4 weeks at 15t/0.25r, then 4 weeks at 15t/0.5r, followed by 15t/0.75r, and lastly 12.5t/1r, after which I'll assess how I feel.
What's your experience with this so far?
Right now I take 12.5 tirz, plus 0.25 reta on that same day, followed by another 0.5mg reta 3 days afterward. When I attempted a second split dose of 0.25mg reta, my stomach got a bit unsettled, and I don't want that happening again, so I'm still moving very slowly. Cutting back my tirz slightly hasn't made anything worse that I can tell, and the reta seems to add a bit more appetite suppression. I'm sitting near the bottom of the 195lb to 200 range I've been fluctuating in, but there's no real new loss to share yet.

My hope is that by continuing to slowly titrate the reta, I'll tolerate it well enough to kick off fresh loss. I'm also getting ready to count calories and stick to a meal plan again, since I feel like I've got a little more medication support now.

tldr: I'm optimistic!
 
cldfront said:

SapphireGlitch60 said:

cldfront said:

I've been on 15mg tirz and haven't seen progress for a year. Without lowering my tirz dose, I introduced 0.25mg reta. Around a year back, I gave reta a shot at 1mg and ended up with severe gastrointestinal problems, so this time I'm beginning at a very low dose and increasing it gradually. Here's my approach: 4 weeks at 15t/0.25r, then 4 weeks at 15t/0.5r, followed by 15t/0.75r, and lastly 12.5t/1r, after which I'll assess how I feel.
What's your experience with this so far?
Right now I take 12.5 tirz, plus 0.25 reta on that same day, followed by another 0.5mg reta 3 days afterward. When I attempted a second split dose of 0.25mg reta, my stomach got a bit unsettled, and I don't want that happening again, so I'm still moving very slowly. Cutting back my tirz slightly hasn't made anything worse that I can tell, and the reta seems to add a bit more appetite suppression. I'm sitting near the bottom of the 195lb to 200 range I've been fluctuating in, but there's no real new loss to share yet.

My hope is that by continuing to slowly titrate the reta, I'll tolerate it well enough to kick off fresh loss. I'm also getting ready to count calories and stick to a meal plan again, since I feel like I've got a little more medication support now.

tldr: I'm optimistic!
Best of luck!! For 2 months now I've been hovering between 193 and 195, unable to break through. I introduced Cagri and recently increased tirz to 15mg. Fingers crossed that finally shifts something. With only a month of tirz remaining, I'm torn about what comes next: keep my tirz/cagri stack, layer in reta, or move fully to Reta while keeping the cagri…no clue.

I belong to the broken gen-x crowd and have spent my whole life on one 'diet' or another…tracking calories makes me want to heave, but if those last 30 lbs are ever going to come off, I may need to buckle down for real. The gym is giving me genuine progress, yet I still want to reach my goal!!
 
Back
Top