Switching from TIRZ to RETA while keeping gains?

70707

Explorer
Joined
Apr 22, 2026
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
Europe
I've been using Tirz since January '26 and have dropped roughly 12kgs in that time. I keep the dose modest — 5mg each week, or 7.5mg on days when I want a bit more of a boost. Now I'm thinking about moving over to Reta, but I'm unsure how to do it so that none of the progress slips away.

This week I already took my standard 5mg of TIRZ at the start, and today I added 2mg of RETA, hoping to let my body adjust gradually.

What's the best next step from here?

For those of you on the forum who've done this before — how did you manage the change?
 
MFGamesta said:

Cold turkey was my route. 2mg reta the following week, up from 2.5 tirzapatide. The 7 day half life made it seamless.

Given the TIRZ dose you had been using, swapping in roughly an equal reta amount was likely a smooth transition for you.

How did it impact food noise and your overall appetite?
 
Food noise went up a little, but reta burned fat harder and my aim was simply to drop weight. Chasing a suppression high wasn't what I was after.
 
70707 said:

I've been using Tirz since January '26 and have dropped roughly 12kgs in that time. I keep the dose modest — 5mg each week, or 7.5mg on days when I want a bit more of a boost. Now I'm thinking about moving over to Reta, but I'm unsure how to do it so that none of the progress slips away.

This week I already took my standard 5mg of TIRZ at the start, and today I added 2mg of RETA, hoping to let my body adjust gradually.

What's the best next step from here?

For those of you on the forum who've done this before — how did you manage the change?

Back in January, I moved from 5mg of Tirz over to Reta. =woundcarping&o=date]The approach I took, along with the data that came out of it, has been covered in several posts I've written.
 
Somewhere on here I posted this before

Maintenance started for me in May 2025.

No washout was done at all — I came straight off Tirz cold.

Tirz ran almost exactly 1 year for me, ending on what I believe was May 30th 2025. The ceiling I hit was 15mg, held for 5 months (roughly January 2025- May 2025.) Most of the loss came between May 2024 and December 2024, the stretch where I moved from 12.5 up to 15). Reaching goal took those final 20lbs, which only came once I was on 15mg Tirz. Across the last 2 weeks on Tirz I stepped down to 10mg and added .125 cagri. The following week Tirz was gone entirely, replaced by 1mg Reta plus .25 Cagri for maintenance (no wash out, though I did think about it).

Goal weight is still where I sit, on 3mg Reta by itself. Cagri went away in November 2025. Maintenance brought an unintended 15 lbs of extra loss, which is what ended the Reta/ Cagri stack. The protocol now is Reta 3mg 1x per week, and 1 year of maintenance arrives this month. The weight holds steady, and food is enjoyable again.
 
Back
Top