Calm Logic said:
lessthanhalf said:
I don't agree that moving over to 6mg of reta would probably cause problems. Assuming 15mg of tirzepatide sits well with you, then 6 or even 8 mg of reta ought to produce fewer gastrointestinal side effects than the tirz you're currently taking. A minor concern is a faster heartbeat, so if cardiac disease is present, it may be better to remain on tirz, or if you tend to get anxious, then take reta more gradually. Skin sensory symptoms are another low-probability possibility, and they appear to show up more often with reta than with tirz. Nausea and other worsening gastrointestinal symptoms are also a low-probability possibility, since reactions to different GLP drugs can be somewhat idiosyncratic.
Every dose escalation plan carries some risk, but on most measures 6 or 8 mg of reta ought to cause fewer side effects than 15mg of tirz. Splitting the dose in half and taking it twice weekly is one way to lower that risk, continuing until you reach a dose that either controls hunger and weight loss rate adequately or produces side effects, at which point you stop raising the dose or slow down considerably, and you can switch to weekly dosing instead. How far up you go depends mostly on how overweight you were at the start; if the obesity is severe and long term, then 12mg is what I would suggest, staying on it long term to prevent serious obesity related health problems, provided side effects are not an issue. The lowest dose possible is what most people here would recommend, which I think is fine when obesity is not severe.
Use GLP plotter to see what different doses do in your body, and how long doses take to be absorbed and decline; it makes it easier to make sense of effects and side effects with different doses and schedules.
On 20 mg of tirz, plenty of users still wouldn't kick off reta at 6 mg, much less 8 mg. In a reta trial, those amounts wouldn't come until week nine. Compared with no glucagon adjustment at all, eight weeks gives the body a long runway to adapt.
Beyond that, this thread covers a less cautious transition (the title says "cross-titrating," which in practice means stacking), rather than a straight swap (quit tirz entirely, then begin reta). Back when all of this was new, the old-school swap method meant tapering tirz down, stopping it fully, and only then introducing reta at a low starting dose. Clearly, plenty of people disliked that cautious route, since for them it was nearly perfect for putting weight back on.
Whether someone with a prior high tirz tolerance can handle 6 mg of reta as a first dose is uncertain either way. The data simply isn't there to support broad claims. What we do know: in the phase 3 reta trials, nobody reached 6 mg or more before the third month (month three offered 4 mg, 6 mg, or 8 mg). Phase 2 for reta tested starting doses up to 4 mg, but GI side effects pushed phase 3 to settle on 2 mg. Even at 4 mg, I'd split it rather than give it as one shot.
Also, whatever kit you're using, the first dose should always be a baby dose, particularly when third-party testing hasn't been done.
Either way, there's no reason to redline the glucagon engine in week one. Reta's half life (6 days) runs slightly longer than tirz's (5 days). With shorter-acting lira or orfo, the worry would be smaller.
Reta/glucagon also brings other effects on the liver, blood pressure, and more. A few reta-specific threads on sides:
Reta and Low Carb equals Some Dizzy Spell?
So, after Reddit was mentioned in another thread, I popped over. YIKES! Anyways, one had mentioned getting light headed and passing out, along with a few others. This got me thinking, as I've had like 2 of slight light headed deals in the last week, nothing major and goes away quick. Now, we've...
View attachment 11139
GLP1Chat.com
Anyone on Reta experience panic attacks?
My first 4 weeks were completely fine. Then during the last 2–2.5 weeks I’ve had two panic-attack–type episodes within a few days after my injection — racing heart, sudden anxiety, heavy “WTF is happening” feeling. The last one hit hard enough that I went to the VA and they had to give me Ativan...
View attachment 11139
GLP1Chat.com
Here at least, tirz doesn't draw complaints about 22-day hiccups or projectile vomiting the way reta does. People who lived through it found out the hard way that reta can behave very differently.
For @BamaCrazy, professional medical help did little for persistent reta hiccups (after moving from 8 mg to nearly 12 mg of reta; titrating up without factoring in test mg):
BamaCrazy said:
22 days straight hiccups. Multiple doctors appointments. 3 changes in medications. CT and Ultrasound scans of my brain, chest, and abdomen. ER visit. Gastroenterologist and neurologist appointments. Then on day 23 when the Gastroenterologist went to do my endoscopy my hiccups stopped completely. The endoscopy did find a hiatal hernia but he said it was too small to be the cause of the hiccups. He blamed the GLP and later said the hiccups stopped because the medication finally left my system completely.
It was a nightmare that finally ended.
Click to expand...
With @bluefootedboobie, another reta hiccups case, at 7 mg:
Severe hiccups / diaphragm spasms on Reta
Tldr; Has anyone else experienced hiccup problems on reta? Does anyone have any advice? Long version: Beginning September 1st, I've had off-and-on severe hiccup problems. The first time it happened (9/1), I had moved from 5 mg to 7 mg of Reta weekly two weeks prior and was doing extremely...
View attachment 11139
GLP1Chat.com
I dialed back my 7 mg weekly dosage to 5 mg, which was the dosage I'd been taking before when I'd had zero issues whatsoever.
Click to expand...
Projectile vomiting at 1.5 mg of reta:
How to transition
I was on 2mg tirz but it worked phenomenally. And then I found out about grey market and retatrutide. Decided to buy a reta kit from nexaph but not feeling the reta at all yet which I understand is normal. Should I stay on tirz 2mg while I titrate up?
View attachment 11139
GLP1Chat.com
DeafJam said:
When I went from 1 mg to 1.5 mg of Reta, I wound up projectile shitting across the bathroom and into the hallway when I went to puke. lol. It never hurts to be cautious.
Click to expand...
Me, I've pushed through some nasty GI sides while stacking or titrating up too fast. Still, like before, I steer clear of anything that looks insane, so I can dodge the ER, which so far I have. My current stacking base is only 6 mg of tirz, yet every GLP drug has hit me hard at some mg when I was starting out, including the ones that only touch GLP-1 receptors (sema, lira, and orfo).
Over on TG, a few people argued with me that GLP veterans could safely start orfo at 12 mg (dose range 1 mg to 36 mg), despite trials settling on 1 mg. They wouldn't budge, since for theoretical reasons they refused to split the tablet smaller. With reta, though (and other injectables where you choose the dose), nothing forces you into "go big or go home" at the start.