Switching from tirz + reta to reta + caligrintide?

gothsoup

Explorer
Joined
Feb 14, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Louisiana
My path with GLP-1s began on semaglutide. It quit doing anything for me after a few months, so I switched over to Tirzepatide. Because I was clueless, I began tirz at the smallest dose and stopped sema abruptly, and my appetite returned fiercely — I regained 15lbs that I had previously shed.

At 10mg of tirz, I chose to add reta rather than increase the dose. Tirz has been in my routine for 3 months now, and the hunger control still doesn't feel like enough. That's why I'm considering caligrintide as a replacement.

I understand now that the proper way to move between these is to gradually lower 1 GLP-1 while gradually raising another, but here I'd end up juggling 3 of them: reta, tirz, and cali.

Anyone been through something like this? How did you handle it?
 
Combining reta, tirz, and cagri all at once is fine. I've done it myself, though my reta and cagri doses were low, so I can't report any dramatic results or problems. Still, that combo isn't as "clean" or "kosher" as simply tirz plus cagri (or reta plus cagri). A new clinical trial is looking at tirz paired with future elora ("cagri 2.0").

Stalls happen, so when you describe sema as having "stopped working," did you also mean your weight was going up? As you likely already know, some people stack a little sema alongside tirz or reta.
 
I've hit pretty much the same plateau, brought Cagri on board, and at this point I'm just holding out for it to start working...
 
That change is a complicated one, since reta, tirz, and cagri may overlap in ways that make it difficult to figure out which one is having which effect.
 
Calm Logic said:

Combining reta, tirz, and cagri all at once is fine. I've done it myself, though my reta and cagri doses were low, so I can't report any dramatic results or problems. Still, that combo isn't as "clean" or "kosher" as simply tirz plus cagri (or reta plus cagri). A new clinical trial is looking at tirz paired with future elora ("cagri 2.0").

Stalls happen, so when you describe sema as having "stopped working," did you also mean your weight was going up? As you likely already know, some people stack a little sema alongside tirz or reta.
Over time, the hunger and food noise returned, and my weight loss plateaued. That was tough to handle. Right now I'm stacking tirz and reta, but I need stronger appetite suppression, and increasing tirz isn't something I want to do.
 
Back
Top