Switching from Sema to Reta?

Phatmax

Explorer
Joined
Sep 23, 2025
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
Hey everyone, a close friend of mine is currently taking 1MG of Sema and is interested in making the change to RETA. What starting dose would be appropriate for him?
 
Phatmax said:

Hey everyone, a close friend of mine is currently taking 1MG of Sema and is interested in making the change to RETA. What starting dose would be appropriate for him?
My switch was from 0.75 mg of Sema to Reta, and because I quit Sema, my starting dose was 1mg/week. There wasn't much of a feeling at that level, so two weeks later I titrated up to 2 mg/week. Now I'm looking at going to 3 mg/week once four weeks have passed, to find out whether I can get some effect.
 
Phatmax said:

Hey everyone, a close friend of mine is currently taking 1MG of Sema and is interested in making the change to RETA. What starting dose would be appropriate for him?
On Sunday I'd take 1mg of sema, and on Wednesday I'd take .5mg of reta. My increases were gradual, and I never raised both in the same week. Right now I'm on 1.5 mg of sema plus 8mg of reta.
 
When semaglutide was still a new research compound available on the free market a couple years back, 1mg of it played a key role in my losing 65-70 lbs. My Retatrutide starting dose was 1.5mg, and I moved up fast to 2.2, 3, and 4, then jumped to 8 mg.

In my view, beginning at 2-4 mg is likely the optimal approach.
 
I’d begin with 1mg/day, spaced out however he prefers, to raise exposure gradually and avoid going past the target and then having to wait it out longer.

When I switched from Tirz to Reta, during week 1 I injected 7mg across 6 shots. Over my first month, that totaled 36mg given in 15 injections. I had no negative side effects.
 
I went from 1mg in week 1, then 2mg in week 2, then 3mg in week 3 of reta. It gave me something like a head cold. I'm new, so I don't know if I just have to get used to it, but during the first 2 weeks I barely noticed anything. At 3mg it's clearly doing something: I had lunch, then dinner, 8oz bowls of tuna and eggs, and I was set for the day.
 
I moved over from 2mg sema to 3mg reta. Sema had stopped working for me. After making the change, I dropped 11lb within 2 weeks. I'm now on week 3 at 3mg reta. What stands out most is that I barely get any sides, unlike with sema. With reta, my brain signals that I'm full. With sema, I get fullness or a bit of nausea that kills my appetite. Reta definitely leaves me more irritated by other people 😆 Week 4 I'll increase to 4mg. Best of luck.
 
Before I made the change, I had been taking 2.4 of wagovey (Sema). When I switched, I began again at low doses. Looking back, roughly 4mg would have been the right starting point. I agree with what was said above: I would begin at 2mg.
 
Back
Top