Switching from Sema to Micro-Dose Tirz

Mood

Explorer
Joined
May 7, 2026
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Location
WV
Does anyone have any experience with unpleasant side effects from sema when making the switch to micro-dose tirz? My daughter could only reach 1mg of sema (wegovy), and for 3 days following her injection she would be continuously sick. We're looking at moving her over to micro-dose tirz to see whether that avoids the bad side effects. Her mother was on tirz for a year with good results and barely any sides.

My plan is to begin at 0.5mg/week and then titrate upward gradually from there. It's a marathon, not a sprint, and time isn't a big concern. The wegovy pens gave us zero control over the dose. With the tirz, I'm going to load it into a pen so I can control the dosage better (she doesn't like needles, so this is a way to hide it). I'm hoping that the glp/gip function of tirz will let us get a response at a lower dose while keeping sides to a minimum. I have T15 and I'm going to recon (at least the first vial) to 5mg/ml (0.5mg/10iu), so I can adjust the dose in 0.05mg increments if needed.
 
My switch from micro-dosed sema to tirz went the other way — it wasn't a bad experience at all. With ozempic, 0.22mg every 2 days (roughly 0.8mg/week) was my ceiling. Going any higher than 0.5mg weekly only intensified the nausea and malaise, so I ended up using very small amounts frequently just to keep hunger somewhat in check, and nausea was still present much of the time. I didn't begin it until after a 70kg loss.

Moving to tirz was straightforward. Nausea was minimal as I titrated up, and I had 1 episode of odd skin sensations. My approach was to raise the dose by 1mg every day or every 2 days so I could climb faster while limiting the chance of severe side effects, and within a month I reached 15mg. Side effects were far lighter, and hunger was lower than with 0.8mg/week of ozempic.

The GIP agonism in tirz works against the nausea caused by GLP-1 agonism.
 
From what I've observed on here, many folks who move from sema over to tirz say their GI troubles drop off quite a bit. The dual pathway appears to agree with most people better. Not all, but the pattern holds pretty steady.

Beginning at such a small amount and titrating up gradually is very reasonable, particularly following a hard time on sema. Plus the recon math lets you fine-tune tiny changes, so you aren't just estimating.
 
Back
Top