Switching From Reta to Tirz — Has Anyone Done It?

PepPepM

Explorer
Joined
Dec 27, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
I've been using Reta for close to 1.5 years. In the beginning it worked really well for me, but my dose has climbed to roughly 9mg each week, and I'm no longer getting the same results. From what I understand, Tirz does more to quiet food noise, so I'm thinking about making the change to Tirz. I've also come across positive anecdotes about stacking reta with Cagri for stronger food noise suppression.

Has anyone here made the switch from Reta to Tirz, or tried adding Cagri into their stack?
 
PepPepM said:

I've been using Reta for close to 1.5 years. In the beginning it worked really well for me, but my dose has climbed to roughly 9mg each week, and I'm no longer getting the same results. From what I understand, Tirz does more to quiet food noise, so I'm thinking about making the change to Tirz. I've also come across positive anecdotes about stacking reta with Cagri for stronger food noise suppression.

Has anyone here made the switch from Reta to Tirz, or tried adding Cagri into their stack?

What a coincidence that you posted this! For roughly the past 2 weeks, I've been considering a swap from Reta over to Tirz.

Cagri was something I stacked with the Reta, and it handled the food noise that, for certain people like me, Reta leaves untouched. My Cagri dose began at .25mg and is now increased to .5mg each week. Reta is at 3.5mg. The combination is working perfectly. The reason I'm interested in switching is that I "believe" Tirz left me with less inflammation. Does that sound crazy? Possibly...
 
PepPepM said:

I've been using Reta for close to 1.5 years. In the beginning it worked really well for me, but my dose has climbed to roughly 9mg each week, and I'm no longer getting the same results. From what I understand, Tirz does more to quiet food noise, so I'm thinking about making the change to Tirz. I've also come across positive anecdotes about stacking reta with Cagri for stronger food noise suppression.

Has anyone here made the switch from Reta to Tirz, or tried adding Cagri into their stack?

A thread about this was just posted.

What's your goal here?

What made you stop increasing the dose once you hit 9mg?
 
Rather than swap, I'd stack. Here's my thinking: you skip the whole process of tapering reta down while bringing tirz up, or quitting reta abruptly and beginning tirz at a low dose—your existing baseline stays in place and you build on top of it.

Since reta is weak as a glp 1 agonist, I stack sema alongside it. That way sema covers what reta lacks, and once reta goes above 8mg I get the skin sensation.
 
I made this change myself. My starting point was actually tirz, and it worked really well for quieting food noise. The weight came off steadily and predictably. I logged everything — daily weigh-ins, waist measurements, you name it. After that I moved to 8mg reta. What I noticed was a lot more food noise, additional side effects (heart rate went up, and I got itchy skin), and the weight loss ended up roughly the same as tirz — honestly a bit less during certain weeks. So I went back to tirz plus survo (to get the GCGR activation) and combined the strengths of both. I'm genuinely thrilled with it. My current protocol is 10mg tirz alongside 2.4mg survo. Weight loss has definitely picked up, and on most days I can go quite a while without eating. It makes intermittent fasting easy for me.

TLDR: I'd recommend it. Weight loss is roughly equivalent, quality of life is better, and side effects are lower.

My advice: go for it!
 
Devilseye said:

I made this change myself. My starting point was actually tirz, and it worked really well for quieting food noise. The weight came off steadily and predictably. I logged everything — daily weigh-ins, waist measurements, you name it. After that I moved to 8mg reta. What I noticed was a lot more food noise, additional side effects (heart rate went up, and I got itchy skin), and the weight loss ended up roughly the same as tirz — honestly a bit less during certain weeks. So I went back to tirz plus survo (to get the GCGR activation) and combined the strengths of both. I'm genuinely thrilled with it. My current protocol is 10mg tirz alongside 2.4mg survo. Weight loss has definitely picked up, and on most days I can go quite a while without eating. It makes intermittent fasting easy for me.

TLDR: I'd recommend it. Weight loss is roughly equivalent, quality of life is better, and side effects are lower.

My advice: go for it!
I hadn't thought about pairing Tirz with Survo. Even though Survo hits the glucagon receptor harder than Reta, do you notice fewer side effects from it?
 
PepPepM said:

Devilseye said:

I made this change myself. My starting point was actually tirz, and it worked really well for quieting food noise. The weight came off steadily and predictably. I logged everything — daily weigh-ins, waist measurements, you name it. After that I moved to 8mg reta. What I noticed was a lot more food noise, additional side effects (heart rate went up, and I got itchy skin), and the weight loss ended up roughly the same as tirz — honestly a bit less during certain weeks. So I went back to tirz plus survo (to get the GCGR activation) and combined the strengths of both. I'm genuinely thrilled with it. My current protocol is 10mg tirz alongside 2.4mg survo. Weight loss has definitely picked up, and on most days I can go quite a while without eating. It makes intermittent fasting easy for me.

TLDR: I'd recommend it. Weight loss is roughly equivalent, quality of life is better, and side effects are lower.

My advice: go for it!
I hadn't thought about pairing Tirz with Survo. Even though Survo hits the glucagon receptor harder than Reta, do you notice fewer side effects from it?

For me, side effects are pretty much absent. The only real drawback is that it costs a bit more than reta. That said, appetite suppression and weight loss have been excellent. Survo is far stronger than reta at GLP1R, which likely explains it.

Because the price from china isn't prohibitive, it's an easy choice for me, and I plan to remain on this stack for the foreseeable future. Like reta, survo excels at targeting visceral fat, which I want to eliminate as much as possible. In fact, that's one of its primary indications.

I strongly endorse this stack.
 
PepPepM said:

I've been using Reta for close to 1.5 years. In the beginning it worked really well for me, but my dose has climbed to roughly 9mg each week, and I'm no longer getting the same results. From what I understand, Tirz does more to quiet food noise, so I'm thinking about making the change to Tirz. I've also come across positive anecdotes about stacking reta with Cagri for stronger food noise suppression.

Has anyone here made the switch from Reta to Tirz, or tried adding Cagri into their stack?
Yep, I made the change from reta over to tirz. You can find several discussions about this if you look around. When transitioning between them, just start at a low dose and increase gradually.
 
I've done the swap in both directions. My starting point was Tirz last November, and 25 pounds came off within 2 months. That thrilled me, but I wanted the scale to move quicker, so I got greedy. Reta was the trendy option, and the additional benefits people described caught my attention. Mid-January is when I began ramping up Reta while ramping down Tirz. Fairly soon, the appetite suppression I depended on — the foundation of how I approached weight loss — began to weaken. Hunger arrived sooner. Cagrilintide got added on top, beginning at a low amount, and alongside the other 2 it performed really well. At that point I figured my roadmap was solid: eventually drop Tirz, continue with Reta plus Cagri, then later drop Cagri once Reta's appetite suppression took over, which is supposed to happen at higher doses. Great plan, isn't it?

Increasing my Reta dose brought on allodynia — an extremely irritating side-effect that interferes with sleep and exercise (back pain). Once I couldn't stand it anymore, I dramatically began phasing Reta out and restarted at my previous Tirz dose. Appetite suppression returned, thankfully, particularly with Cagri still in the mix. Several weeks passed before the allodynia disappeared, and I felt significantly better.

As of today, I'm at roughly 12mg Tirz and 2mg Cagri each week. I divide that across multiple doses so hunger (or its absence) remains steady. I also keep about 1mg of Reta in my weekly routine, simply because I recognize it's an excellent product and believe I can eventually overcome the allodynia by keeping some Reta circulating (other Reta users who dealt with allodynia report it eventually resolves). Once I hit goal weight, I want a dependable maintenance approach, and I'm hoping Reta can be either a piece of it or perhaps the whole thing.

I trust everyone who has had a strongly positive response to Reta. It genuinely is a miracle drug. It just wasn't the right fit for me at that time, or perhaps my introduction of it was flawed. I suspect I'll have more room to experiment with it once I reach goal weight.
 
I'm on the verge of making this change. Tirz treated me reasonably well.

After I switched over to Reta, the anhedonia hit hard, and on top of that I've been dealing with serious anxiety along with a sense of dread and doom. If there's even a chance Reta is behind those feelings, then for me it isn't worth continuing. And the anhedonia comes across as more severe than what Tirz gave me.

So I'm getting ready to go back to it.
 
Tirz isn't as strong as Reta when it comes to shedding pounds. So there should be a concrete reason behind any move to tirz. "It feels weaker" on its own doesn't tell us much.

What's your current weight relative to goal? How many pounds have you dropped? Age, height, and so on? Right now, is the scale going up or down?

After a big loss, eating less and feeling hungrier is expected. If your weight is holding steady, the drug is doing its job at maintenance — it just isn't enough to push further loss. That's simply where you are at this dose.

If more loss is the goal and side effects aren't causing trouble, the simplest and easiest route is a dose increase. Switching or stacking only really makes sense when side effects block higher doses, or you're already at 12mg — and even at that point, going up could still be reasonable if side effects are absent.

Introducing new drugs brings small but genuine risks: new side effects and drug allergies.

Stacking low dose cagri makes far more sense than moving to tirz or tirz/survo, but I'd push to 12mg first.
 
Gotta chime in and say I LOVE that we test things out and come up with our own fixes for our problems. I LOVE this forum. I've given them alllll a shot and always end up back here. What a fantastic bunch of clever, experimental people who are open about their journey - the good, the bad, the ugly, and occasionally the scammed! 😍
 
SoCalGirl said:

Gotta chime in and say I LOVE that we test things out and come up with our own fixes for our problems. I LOVE this forum. I've given them alllll a shot and always end up back here. What a fantastic bunch of clever, experimental people who are open about their journey - the good, the bad, the ugly, and occasionally the scammed! 😍
Getting ripped off is the formative experience that ties all of us together
 
PepPepM said:

SoCalGirl said:

Gotta chime in and say I LOVE that we test things out and come up with our own fixes for our problems. I LOVE this forum. I've given them alllll a shot and always end up back here. What a fantastic bunch of clever, experimental people who are open about their journey - the good, the bad, the ugly, and occasionally the scammed! 😍
Getting ripped off is the formative experience that ties all of us together
My character level is through the roof and it's painful 🤣
 
Back
Top