Switching from Reta to Semaglutide — has anyone done it?

Joined
Jun 1, 2026
Messages
122
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
Reta has been treating me well, though there are moments when it doesn't tamp down hunger quite as much as I'd like. From what I gather, Semaglutide packs more punch on that front.

For those who have gone from one to the other: what pushed you to make the change, and how do the two stack up against each other?

Was appetite suppression more pronounced on Sema in your experience?
 
That would be crazy. 🤢 What's your current Reta dosage? If my food noise were that intense, I'd either raise the Reta amount, or introduce a little Tirzepetide. Next to Reta, Semaglutide is garbage.
 
Speaking for myself, Sema is great. To be fair, I haven't used any other option, though my girlfriend is on Tirze. I've also come across the claim that when it comes to this specific area -- appetite/food noise suppression alone -- semaglutide is technically the strongest of the three, since it acts on just 1 pathway rather than the others. That's the reason the Sema dose is so much smaller than the others too. In my opinion, stacking it would be a better bet than stacking Tirze, because you'd only be doubling the GLP rather than both GLP and GIP, if that makes sense. My sense is that route could mean fewer side effects. A full switch, though, I'm not sure would be logical, since you'd lose the triple action Reta provides. It seems like semaglutide catches a lot of hate lately simply because it isn't the new kid on the block anymore lol. All I can say is it's incredibly effective for me, and cheaper than the alternatives, so I'm sticking with it. I have heard that a 6mg dose of Reta is about equivalent to a 1mg dose of semaglutide, in terms of its GLP effect. I don't think it'd hurt anything to give it a try, or up your dose and see if that helps instead.
 
Lovedog100 said:

That would be crazy. 🤢 What's your current Reta dosage? If my food noise were that intense, I'd either raise the Reta amount, or introduce a little Tirzepetide. Next to Reta, Semaglutide is garbage.
Currently I take 2mg weekly, divided as 1mg each 2 days
 
Clavicular's Hammer said:

Lovedog100 said:

That would be crazy. 🤢 What's your current Reta dosage? If my food noise were that intense, I'd either raise the Reta amount, or introduce a little Tirzepetide. Next to Reta, Semaglutide is garbage.
Currently I take 2mg weekly, divided as 1mg each 2 days
Stop dividing the dose ...

inject it all at once and your appetite suppression will return
 
Clavicular's Hammer said:

Lovedog100 said:

That would be crazy. 🤢 What's your current Reta dosage? If my food noise were that intense, I'd either raise the Reta amount, or introduce a little Tirzepetide. Next to Reta, Semaglutide is garbage.
Currently I take 2mg weekly, divided as 1mg each 2 days
I won't weigh in on your own regimen. That said, for a lot of people Retatrutide generally has to reach at least 6-8mg before it truly works well. I'd also recommend once a week. That's what the clinical trials do, together with larger doses.
 
I also want to respond to the remarks about a drop in quality. Semaglutide is an excellent medication, and based on the current evidence, it can reasonably be considered the superior option for some individuals and conditions.
 
Is there any info or a reference out there about this? Can Tirzep and ret be used together at once? I’d prefer that over splitting them.

Bill
 
Clavicular's Hammer said:

Reta has been treating me well, though there are moments when it doesn't tamp down hunger quite as much as I'd like. From what I gather, Semaglutide packs more punch on that front.

For those who have gone from one to the other: what pushed you to make the change, and how do the two stack up against each other?

Was appetite suppression more pronounced on Sema in your experience?
I've been running both for quite a while now — 4mg reta alongside 1mg sema.

Lovedog100 said:

That would be crazy. 🤢 What's your current Reta dosage? If my food noise were that intense, I'd either raise the Reta amount, or introduce a little Tirzepetide. Next to Reta, Semaglutide is garbage.
Sema is the original, and for those of us who've been at this for over 4 years, it's the one thing that actually quiets food noise.
 
Clavicular's Hammer said:

My mistake — it's 2mg divided as 1mg each 4 days, not every 2 days

Apologies for the mix-up
Yeah, definitely — given that your dose is so low, my own approach would be to titrate upward first, rather than layering in something new or jumping ship. From what I recall, the trials went as high as 12mg. That said, I'm curious whether side effects are the reason you're sitting at such a low, split dose? If so, exploring an alternative isn't unreasonable. Another option: take your 1mg on an every-other-day schedule, assuming you've already found that anything beyond that isn't tolerable because of side effects. If that really is the reason behind the low dose, my concern is that semaglutide might actually bring on more side effects in your case — though obviously nobody can pin down what's driving yours. Anyway: on Sema I dropped >50% of my body weight (230+ down to 110, stepped on the scale just last night lol), essentially over the course of a year, and for most of it I stayed at 1mg. The past couple of years I've been maintaining, but I never changed the dose since it does the job for me — when I tried going lower, the weight started creeping back on.
 
J.Ayden said:

Speaking for myself, Sema is great. To be fair, I haven't used any other option, though my girlfriend is on Tirze. I've also come across the claim that when it comes to this specific area -- appetite/food noise suppression alone -- semaglutide is technically the strongest of the three, since it acts on just 1 pathway rather than the others. That's the reason the Sema dose is so much smaller than the others too. In my opinion, stacking it would be a better bet than stacking Tirze, because you'd only be doubling the GLP rather than both GLP and GIP, if that makes sense. My sense is that route could mean fewer side effects. A full switch, though, I'm not sure would be logical, since you'd lose the triple action Reta provides. It seems like semaglutide catches a lot of hate lately simply because it isn't the new kid on the block anymore lol. All I can say is it's incredibly effective for me, and cheaper than the alternatives, so I'm sticking with it. I have heard that a 6mg dose of Reta is about equivalent to a 1mg dose of semaglutide, in terms of its GLP effect. I don't think it'd hurt anything to give it a try, or up your dose and see if that helps instead.
I feel the same way — I don't get the dislike some people have for Sema. For me it worked really well.
 
I run sema alongside reta. The reason I picked reta was for the metabolic benefits, though at 8mg the appetite suppression is just okay. Suppression actually held up fine through the day, then late at night while I was trying to sleep the hunger would hit. Push the dose any higher and the skin sensitivity shows up.

Once I brought semi in, it was spot on. No sides at all, only extra suppression.

Worth mentioning too: when I added hgh my appetite went up, it turned bottomless. These days at 4iu hgh I'm using 2mg semi plus 8mg reta for weightloss.
 
Back
Top