Switching from Mounjaro to Tirzepatide and Then Retatrutide

delpy8

Explorer
Joined
Sep 30, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Johnstone United Kingdom
Hi everyone, has anyone here gone from Mounjaro over to Tirzepatide and eventually ended up on Retatrutide? I'm curious what the side effects were like. Right now I'm on Mounjaro 7.5, but because of the cost I'm switching to Tirzepatide since it's cheaper, and I plan to stay on that until maybe March next year. I'll see how things go, and if my progress slows down I was considering Tirz, though I'm worried about heart rate increases when making the change?
 
Since Mounjaro is tirzepatide to begin with, crossing over at the same weekly dose is generally a matter of changing the product rather than starting a different drug — the side effects you'd see usually mirror what you already know from 7.5 instead of a brand-new titration shock. The heart-rate discussion in the literature applies across the class; tirz can raise resting HR slightly, and reta trials brought it up more at higher doses, but that's something to watch later with reta rather than anything the Mounjaro-to-tirz step itself brings on. Not medical advice, just how the compounds line up.
 
Thanks a lot!! I don't think switching from the pen to Tirzepatide peptide will cause any problems — it's the Reta side effects I'm wondering about. Still, since that tends to happen at higher doses, it does put my mind at ease somewhat.

Cheers
 
delpy8 said:

Hi everyone, has anyone here gone from Mounjaro over to Tirzepatide and eventually ended up on Retatrutide? I'm curious what the side effects were like. Right now I'm on Mounjaro 7.5, but because of the cost I'm switching to Tirzepatide since it's cheaper, and I plan to stay on that until maybe March next year. I'll see how things go, and if my progress slows down I was considering Tirz, though I'm worried about heart rate increases when making the change?
By that point Reta is only going to get less expensive, particularly through GBs. It used to run $1+ per mg.
 
Back
Top