Switching from MJ to Reta: dose and what to do next

Mounjaro at 5 mg gave me zero problems. Then I started retatrutide, and my first 1 mg shot triggered continuous GI trouble that began that same night and lasted through day 3. Given how small that dose was, the reaction caught me off guard. My next injection is set for next Friday, and I can't decide between returning to Mounjaro or giving 1 mg of retatrutide another week.
 
txnj11 said:

Mounjaro at 5 mg gave me zero problems. Then I started retatrutide, and my first 1 mg shot triggered continuous GI trouble that began that same night and lasted through day 3. Given how small that dose was, the reaction caught me off guard. My next injection is set for next Friday, and I can't decide between returning to Mounjaro or giving 1 mg of retatrutide another week.

One option is to reduce your dose to .5mg and hold there for a few weeks, then check whether that makes the side effects easier to tolerate.

When my wife and I began, we stayed at .5mg throughout the first 4 weeks so we could steer clear of potentially strong side effects. After that, we raised the dose by 2x every 4 weeks. That approach worked well for us: weight came off and side effects stayed milder. The GI tract needs several weeks before it settles into the new metabolic rate.
 
I should have mentioned this too: the gastrointestinal symptoms have been fairly manageable by addressing each one as it comes up — for instance, taking fiber and magnesium supplements to relieve constipation, plus drinking lots of fluids.
 
RetCurious said:

I should have mentioned this too: the gastrointestinal symptoms have been fairly manageable by addressing each one as it comes up — for instance, taking fiber and magnesium supplements to relieve constipation, plus drinking lots of fluids.
Yep, I made the change because of the glucagon element in retatrutide, aiming to tackle my fatty liver. My hope is that things improve as time goes on.
 
People keep repeating the claim that glucagon "doesn't work until 4mg" like it's an unquestionable fact.

My take is that this is just gym bro reasoning and can be dismissed. 😉
 
RetCurious said:

People keep repeating the claim that glucagon "doesn't work until 4mg" like it's an unquestionable fact.

My take is that this is just gym bro reasoning and can be dismissed. 😉
Tirzepatide at a low dose has given me excellent glucose control. With retatrutide at a low dose, I'm aiming for the same kind of improvement in fatty liver, though I'll verify that through follow-up imaging in a couple of months.
 
RetCurious said:

People keep repeating the claim that glucagon "doesn't work until 4mg" like it's an unquestionable fact.

My take is that this is just gym bro reasoning and can be dismissed. 😉
My understanding was that the trials showed glucagon activation improves the nearer you are to 8mg, which implies Reta has a therapeutic threshold you have to hit for its effect to be maximized.

Assuming that holds, micro-dosing only seems useful for keeping side effects in check, and those can mostly be dodged by beginning low and stepping up by .5 mg as your body gets used to it.

That being said, I'm not really sure what outcomes people see when they split smaller doses across the week. From my own experience, when a severe side effect like food aversion shows up, it fades fast once the following dose is lowered. Start low and go slow, and that appears to be the main way to keep side effects under control.

If you're sticking with lower doses but hoping to move results along faster, or you've plateaued because side effects block you from increasing, stack with MOT-c and Tesa, or CJC-1295/Ipamorelin. Those have worked well in my case.
 
txnj11 said:

RetCurious said:

I should have mentioned this too: the gastrointestinal symptoms have been fairly manageable by addressing each one as it comes up — for instance, taking fiber and magnesium supplements to relieve constipation, plus drinking lots of fluids.
Yep, I made the change because of the glucagon element in retatrutide, aiming to tackle my fatty liver. My hope is that things improve as time goes on.
Just so you know, my fatty liver fully cleared up during treatment with (brand name) tirz, which happened before I started using gray and introduced Reta.
 
krsct said:

txnj11 said:

RetCurious said:

I should have mentioned this too: the gastrointestinal symptoms have been fairly manageable by addressing each one as it comes up — for instance, taking fiber and magnesium supplements to relieve constipation, plus drinking lots of fluids.
Yep, I made the change because of the glucagon element in retatrutide, aiming to tackle my fatty liver. My hope is that things improve as time goes on.
Just so you know, my fatty liver fully cleared up during treatment with (brand name) tirz, which happened before I started using gray and introduced Reta.
On tirzepatide, how long until your fatty liver got better, and how did you ramp up the dose?
 
5mg/week was my dose for the bulk of that stretch. Over the final few months I moved up step by step until I reached 10. In 8 months I dropped the amount I was aiming for, which came to 1/4 of the body weight I began with. Once that happened, blood work came back with liver studies in the normal range, and the fatty liver diagnosis was removed from my record by my doctor.
 
I have a quick question. Yesterday I accidentally injected 1mg — my intention was actually to start at 1.5mg for the first time. Is it okay to inject another 0.5mg today, just 1 day later? Or should I instead add 1mg more, bringing the total to 2mg?
 
Back
Top