Switching from Compounded Tirzepatide to Grey: Should She Lower the Dose?

Mr. B

Explorer
Joined
Jun 27, 2026
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Location
Houston
My wife is going to stop getting Tirz from the Compound Pharmacy and start using Grey Tirz instead, and I'll be the one sourcing it for her, since the compound pharmacy's price is simply too high. Right now her dosage isn't especially high — I think it's 6 mg per week. As she makes the change to Grey Tirz, I'm wondering whether she ought to begin at a reduced dose, just in case Grey Tirz affects her differently.

If anyone here has gone from Compound to Grey Tirz, I'd appreciate hearing your insight.

Thanks
 
Dropping the dose by a couple of mg to begin with would be my call. What the grey market actually puts in the vial can run a little over or under what the label claims.
 
Mr. B said:

My wife is going to stop getting Tirz from the Compound Pharmacy and start using Grey Tirz instead, and I'll be the one sourcing it for her, since the compound pharmacy's price is simply too high. Right now her dosage isn't especially high — I think it's 6 mg per week. As she makes the change to Grey Tirz, I'm wondering whether she ought to begin at a reduced dose, just in case Grey Tirz affects her differently.

If anyone here has gone from Compound to Grey Tirz, I'd appreciate hearing your insight.

Thanks
For me, the "Feels" were identical. The sole factor I can think of that would make grey feel stronger is the overfill that typically comes with it.

A couple of months back, I made the change from ProRx and BPI Tirzepatide over to Grey.
 
Mr. B said:

My wife is going to stop getting Tirz from the Compound Pharmacy and start using Grey Tirz instead, and I'll be the one sourcing it for her, since the compound pharmacy's price is simply too high. Right now her dosage isn't especially high — I think it's 6 mg per week. As she makes the change to Grey Tirz, I'm wondering whether she ought to begin at a reduced dose, just in case Grey Tirz affects her differently.

If anyone here has gone from Compound to Grey Tirz, I'd appreciate hearing your insight.

Thanks
Even though I've got a supply of name-brand Mounjaro kwikpens left (counting clicks), whenever a new grey batch or vendor comes in, I'll take a low dose to verify it works beyond just relying on 3rdP COA's. So it might be worth doing a small overlapping dose just to confirm the fill and such. That way nothing catches you off guard.
 
As soon as the Tirz arrives and I get a chance to run tests, I will know what the fill actually is, along with the rest of the results
 
Mr. B said:

As soon as the Tirz arrives and I get a chance to run tests, I will know what the fill actually is, along with the rest of the results
My own move from compound to grey happened right when I was due to titrate, though I stayed at the same dose — I believe it was the 5th week at that dose.

Because overfill tends to run about +/-10% while titration steps up by a much larger amount, this let me observe how my body reacted.

If the mass is identical, the theory says it matches compound — 5mg=5mg — even when there is a slight overfill of 10%, so 5mg becomes only +/- 5.5mg.

Make sure the grey you have is well tested. If sterility or endotoxins worry you, a micro dose on the first pin is something some people use to gauge ISR or allergic reactions.
 
I'm with @Skidude on this. My own changeover happened alongside a step up from 2.5 mg to 5 mg. Compounded never gave me any bad reactions. With grey, doing the switch and the increase together, I got neck muscle aches that cleared up in a single day. My guess is I hadn't taken in enough fluids with electrolytes. It happened once and nothing since has been anything but smooth. Testing on mine showed a 10% overfill, though a margin that tiny doesn't worry me.
 
My compounded version and my grey version were both overfilled, so I didn't change the dose. With compounded I dealt with injection site reactions all the time; on grey I've had none at all, and it seems to be working better than the compounded did. No third nipple has appeared and I still can't hear colors.
 
Skidude said:

Mr. B said:

As soon as the Tirz arrives and I get a chance to run tests, I will know what the fill actually is, along with the rest of the results
My own move from compound to grey happened right when I was due to titrate, though I stayed at the same dose — I believe it was the 5th week at that dose.

Because overfill tends to run about +/-10% while titration steps up by a much larger amount, this let me observe how my body reacted.

If the mass is identical, the theory says it matches compound — 5mg=5mg — even when there is a slight overfill of 10%, so 5mg becomes only +/- 5.5mg.

Make sure the grey you have is well tested. If sterility or endotoxins worry you, a micro dose on the first pin is something some people use to gauge ISR or allergic reactions.
Once the kit details arrive, I'll check whether the vendor has solid independent testing behind it. If that's not there, I'll look into a group test instead. Tirz isn't what I use — Reta is — so there's a decent chance that first pin ends up in me (LOL). I doubt she'd be thrilled about starting to glow. I've been picking up the filtering side of things, so I can begin filtering everything.
 
Mr. B said:

Skidude said:

Mr. B said:

As soon as the Tirz arrives and I get a chance to run tests, I will know what the fill actually is, along with the rest of the results
My own move from compound to grey happened right when I was due to titrate, though I stayed at the same dose — I believe it was the 5th week at that dose.

Because overfill tends to run about +/-10% while titration steps up by a much larger amount, this let me observe how my body reacted.

If the mass is identical, the theory says it matches compound — 5mg=5mg — even when there is a slight overfill of 10%, so 5mg becomes only +/- 5.5mg.

Make sure the grey you have is well tested. If sterility or endotoxins worry you, a micro dose on the first pin is something some people use to gauge ISR or allergic reactions.
Once the kit details arrive, I'll check whether the vendor has solid independent testing behind it. If that's not there, I'll look into a group test instead. Tirz isn't what I use — Reta is — so there's a decent chance that first pin ends up in me (LOL). I doubt she'd be thrilled about starting to glow. I've been picking up the filtering side of things, so I can begin filtering everything.
A smaller initial injection seems to stem from being extra careful.

That way, you'd notice if an allergic reaction happened, or if the vial contained the wrong peptide.

I haven't tried it myself, though the logic holds up—particularly for someone with a weakened immune system, a history of allergies, or no prior exposure to that substance.

One more thing: filtration can catch larger particles and bacteria, but endotoxins pass right through. So pick a reputable vendor with plenty of testing, and group testing is the best case.
 
From what I've seen in a lot of testing reports, overfill shows up more often than underfill. My approach would be to begin at the same dose, and if she feels by the end of the week that it wasn't sufficient, then increase it. As you're aware, one advantage of compounded is that you're able to manage your dosage.
 
Overfills beyond 10% don't happen often, so worst case, taking 6.6mg rather than 6 mg is extremely unlikely to trigger issues — unless the dose was just raised or side effects are already significant.

My take: stick with whatever dose matched the compounded version. That said, study up thoroughly on peptide reconstitution, verify doses and calculations 2 or 3 times over, then confirm with an online calculator. When it comes to grey peptides, dosing mistakes are easily the most frequent problem.
 
Estarossa19 said:

Mr. B said:

My wife is going to stop getting Tirz from the Compound Pharmacy and start using Grey Tirz instead, and I'll be the one sourcing it for her, since the compound pharmacy's price is simply too high. Right now her dosage isn't especially high — I think it's 6 mg per week. As she makes the change to Grey Tirz, I'm wondering whether she ought to begin at a reduced dose, just in case Grey Tirz affects her differently.

If anyone here has gone from Compound to Grey Tirz, I'd appreciate hearing your insight.

Thanks
For me, the "Feels" were identical. The sole factor I can think of that would make grey feel stronger is the overfill that typically comes with it.

A couple of months back, I made the change from ProRx and BPI Tirzepatide over to Grey.

Same here. I still have a pile of ProRx 72mg sitting around. Maybe a kit plus half 😆. Smh at the amount I paid. Back then, I figured it was a solid bargain. Last month I went back to ProRx since it was use it or lose it, and honestly it doesn't hit like I remembered. Could just be confirmation bias, though. Off to Grey again. Somebody hand me a T120!!
 
lessthanhalf said:

Overfills beyond 10% don't happen often, so worst case, taking 6.6mg rather than 6 mg is extremely unlikely to trigger issues — unless the dose was just raised or side effects are already significant.

My take: stick with whatever dose matched the compounded version. That said, study up thoroughly on peptide reconstitution, verify doses and calculations 2 or 3 times over, then confirm with an online calculator. When it comes to grey peptides, dosing mistakes are easily the most frequent problem.
My guess is 6 mg won't be her long-term level, but we'll find out. Since this is her initial injection, she might drop back to 4 mg and remain there—and if that keeps her content, that's perfectly okay.
 
Back
Top