Switching from bi-weekly back to weekly dosing

phoenixx7

Explorer
Joined
Apr 4, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Colombia
At first I moved from injecting once per week to twice per week because I wanted to reduce certain side effects I was dealing with. That change did help at the start, and I kept losing weight. However, after I kept raising my dose, I've hit a plateau (my weight has stayed the same for 4 weeks, though I'm not sure whether that truly counts as a plateau). I'm curious whether anyone here has gone back to once a week dosing after being on twice a week.
 
phoenixx7 said:

At first I moved from injecting once per week to twice per week because I wanted to reduce certain side effects I was dealing with. That change did help at the start, and I kept losing weight. However, after I kept raising my dose, I've hit a plateau (my weight has stayed the same for 4 weeks, though I'm not sure whether that truly counts as a plateau). I'm curious whether anyone here has gone back to once a week dosing after being on twice a week.
I keep going back and forth on whether to stick with splitting my weekly amount...It does the job well enough, though I still recall that the larger shot delivered stronger appetite suppression across 5-6 days...I might switch to one injection, spaced every 5-6 days, and stick with that approach...
 
Once-a-week shots get my full support. Splitting works for certain folks, sure, yet in my case a single weekly shot keeps things steadier than dividing it up. That might sound backwards, so let me explain. A weekly shot looks less steady since it produces bigger peaks, but splitting means peaks arrive more often. That leaves you in a taking-in state more of the time.

From my own experience, I feel steadier, and the bulk of my weight comes off near the close of the weekly cycle.
 
I'm curious about this as well. I might go back to combining my doses, though I'm also concerned that taking the full amount in one go could feel too intense.
 
For me, a 5-day interval between shots has turned out to be the most effective approach. Previously I divided my dose into 2 injections each week, on Monday and Thursday, but after changing to dosing every 5 days, the suppression of my appetite has clearly gone up.
 
palmtreeliving said:

For me, a 5-day interval between shots has turned out to be the most effective approach. Previously I divided my dose into 2 injections each week, on Monday and Thursday, but after changing to dosing every 5 days, the suppression of my appetite has clearly gone up.
Same here — I also prefer dosing every 5 days.
 
I only split my dose for a period whenever I went up (to keep side effects down), then went back to once a week in between. Eventually I got tired of that and went back to splitting. Side effects are pretty much gone. Right now I don't intend to switch back again.
 
Friday mornings work for me, so I'll keep it to 1 shot per week. Currently at 9mg.

Whether it's 2 shots per week or 1, I question how much that changes fat loss results — though for unwanted effects, it likely does.

A few things I want to ask @phoenixx7.

How many mg are you taking at the moment, and what's your time on that amount?
 
Early in my journey I attempted splitting doses, but it didn't help. These days I inject glp's once every 6 days. That works best for food noise and steadier weight loss.
 
Many folks have hopped on the twice-a-week trend, but it doesn't appeal to me. One rationale for weekly shots is that they may make tolerance develop more slowly or be less likely to occur, along with the subsequent need for higher doses. No studies exist on this, yet the mechanism is plausible.

You mention hitting a stall, but calories never come up. The medication is meant to help you manage eating and cut calories, not do everything on its own. Since you don't bring up any lessening of effects, I suspect you're counting on the drug to handle things.

In a calorie deficit, a plateau won't last very long, so it sounds like you aren't in one. Keep tabs on calories, aim to lower your intake, and only raise the dose if hunger and food noise are giving you trouble.
 
For me, injecting once every 3.5 days has worked out fairly steadily. 🤷‍♂️. In real terms, I figure it comes down to what each person prefers, and it probably isn’t a huge deal either way.





fd0c00ff2ce7e5e9563545f00b60e5e1713871443fda1ba0c57fad6c945fda61.webp
 
4f4b4f63d4bec5318f554d84aa9be85ff5ffae9f35c111f5b6e992b32dce374d.webp


I'm on 2mg each 3 days. That halves the half life, as I see it.

My start date was 5/26. The first 2 weeks were 1mg per 3 days. After another 1.5 weeks at 1.5 every 3 days, I switched to 2 on 6/15, keeping the same 3 day interval. This is working well for me. Titrating up isn't something I plan to do anytime soon.

Over the 1 month I've used it, weight has come off steadily. At the schedule I follow, the gap between peak and trough is fairly narrow.

A couple weeks back I introduced 250mcg cagrilintide to help with appetite suppression. Whether I still need it now is unclear to me.

Building a blood concentration of reta high enough to "feel" it required a few weeks.

The app is regimen, for anyone wondering. I think it's great. It tracks several peps plus my TRT at the same time, and handles logging and trend tracking for symptoms.
 
woundcarping said:

For me, injecting once every 3.5 days has worked out fairly steadily. 🤷‍♂️. In real terms, I figure it comes down to what each person prefers, and it probably isn’t a huge deal either way.





View attachment 10935
It genuinely makes me happy whenever least-squares linearization comes up. At last, here's a person who looks beyond the small stuff. Appreciate it 🙂
 
BNLFL said:

Friday mornings work for me, so I'll keep it to 1 shot per week. Currently at 9mg.

Whether it's 2 shots per week or 1, I question how much that changes fat loss results — though for unwanted effects, it likely does.

A few things I want to ask @phoenixx7.

How many mg are you taking at the moment, and what's your time on that amount?

Right now I take 6mg each week, divided into 3mg on Sunday plus 3mg on Thursday. My start date was March 27th, and Sunday will mark 1 month at this exact dosage.

Seeing what others have gone through, I'm considering returning to the usual clinical trial titration approach: inject 6mg once weekly first, then judge whether an increase is needed, given that I'd have been at this dose for 4 weeks by then.

5byfive said:

Many folks have hopped on the twice-a-week trend, but it doesn't appeal to me. One rationale for weekly shots is that they may make tolerance develop more slowly or be less likely to occur, along with the subsequent need for higher doses. No studies exist on this, yet the mechanism is plausible.

You mention hitting a stall, but calories never come up. The medication is meant to help you manage eating and cut calories, not do everything on its own. Since you don't bring up any lessening of effects, I suspect you're counting on the drug to handle things.

In a calorie deficit, a plateau won't last very long, so it sounds like you aren't in one. Keep tabs on calories, aim to lower your intake, and only raise the dose if hunger and food noise are giving you trouble.

Regarding calories, I've always tracked them whenever I did conventional diets without RT, and I resume tracking once progress stalls, just to confirm I haven't slipped. My current target is 2100 cals per day (184cm/ ≈6'1 ft'in, 109kg/240.304lbs). Activity has dropped somewhat due to an injury, but I still do home workouts and PT work (since calories alone should keep me in a deficit, I figured this wouldn't matter).

On the effects I was aiming for: hunger and food noise have gone up, though suppression is still stronger than being off RT entirely, yet weaker than, say, 4mg (2mg/2mg) a month and a half ago.
 
eidos said:

woundcarping said:

For me, injecting once every 3.5 days has worked out fairly steadily. 🤷‍♂️. In real terms, I figure it comes down to what each person prefers, and it probably isn’t a huge deal either way.





View attachment 10935
It genuinely makes me happy whenever least-squares linearization comes up. At last, here's a person who looks beyond the small stuff. Appreciate it 🙂
The goal is a 1% drop each week. Starting TRT and creatine were the two biggest things that threw things off. TRT only had a short-term effect, and creatine made DEXA scans disagree with the scale, so I stopped taking it.

139b5008f0eb4de43e72cd044d982ea196a3213423e76ac774237fae17353d65.webp
 
Back
Top