Switching from 15mg Tirz to Reta: what's the highest starting Reta dose you've come across?

If your current tirz dose is 15 mg, then beginning reta at 6 mg seems like a reasonable entry point. At that level, my own experience was that the two felt quite comparable, and no titration step was necessary — it worked out fine.
 
begin at a low amount and work your way up gradually, take my word for it. i use both together and brought each one in slowly alongside the other.
 
Scorpio73 said:

My own move from Tirz to Reta did not work at all. Reta by itself was awful for me. While eating, I couldn't stand the food, yet the food noise stayed. For me, though, Tirz plus Reta turned out to be the perfect combination.

3mg Tirz on Monday / 3mg Tirz on Friday.

3mg Reta on Wednesday.

No regrets since.
that is how it is done
 
For 1 week I ran Reta at 2mg, then went up to 4mg, and at the same time I halved my tirz and left it at that level.

One option is 1mg on Monday plus 1mg on Tuesday, then add 1mg each time and move from two shots per week down to one. Keep your tirz pin on the same day, and put the Reta 3 days later.

At present I take Reta 4.4 on Sunday and tirz 5.5 on Tuesday, every week.
 
rkbleddyn said:

78monk said:

Someone on reddit claimed they pinned 30mg.

My advice would be to begin at a much lower amount than that...

Unless, of course, you genuinely really really enjoy your bathroom visits.
"A random guy on reddit claimed he started at 30mg."

And then washed it down with a big pile of Tide Pods?
Wow...lol
 
While in maintenance, I take Reta 3mg 1x weekly. This comes from an earlier post I made about my switch:

Once I reached goal at 5/25, after 1 year, I had been maxed out at 15mg Tirz. The next week I lowered Tirz to 10mg, and then the week after that I moved straight over to Reta, I think 1 or 1.5 at first, then up to 3mg, and that is where I remained. Up until 11/25 I stacked reta w/ Cagri .250mcg. I stopped the Cagri stack because I had lost 15Lbs past my goal weight and did not want to drop more weight. Even with some mild food noise, I have not had to increase Reta, simply because I get satisfied easily and am still at a caloric deficit.
 
Back
Top