Switched to reta after reaching 15 mg tirz — a few questions

Spendejo

Explorer
Joined
Aug 11, 2026
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
St Louis MO
After a couple of months on 15 mg tirzepatide, the effects started to fade, so I made the switch to reta starting at 2 mg. This week I went up to 5 mg of Reta. Two things I'm wondering about: first, what dose should I be aiming for with reta? So far I haven't noticed much of anything. Second, is it worth staying on Tirzepatide to deal with food noise? My appetite has really ramped back up. If that's not the way to go, does anyone have a suggestion for what to stack alongside the Reta to help with weight loss? I'm also on trt and lifting weights, working on adding muscle while cutting fat.

Thanks!
 
Per mg, tirz is seen as the stronger option for suppressing appetite compared with reta. Did you go from 15mg tirz down to 2 and then to 5mg of reta? If that's what happened, it accounts for the appetite. Even at 12mg, you probably won't come close to the appetite suppression reta gives.

What do you mean by the diminishing effects of 15mg of tirz that made you switch to reta? Was your appetite under control, but the weight loss stopped? How long did the stall last? And honestly, how are you doing with food tracking and calories?
 
gusterbuster said:

Per mg, tirz is seen as the stronger option for suppressing appetite compared with reta. Did you go from 15mg tirz down to 2 and then to 5mg of reta? If that's what happened, it accounts for the appetite. Even at 12mg, you probably won't come close to the appetite suppression reta gives.

What do you mean by the diminishing effects of 15mg of tirz that made you switch to reta? Was your appetite under control, but the weight loss stopped? How long did the stall last? And honestly, how are you doing with food tracking and calories?
I moved from 15 mg of tirz down to 2 mg of Reta, and then increased the Reta to 5mg. This week I added 5mg of tirz as well, hoping it would boost appetite suppression.

As for the diminished effects- the reduced appetite had simply stopped being noticeable, and my weight had been stuck for a couple of months, this after dropping roughly twenty pounds during the first couple of months.
 
Spendejo said:

After a couple of months on 15 mg tirzepatide, the effects started to fade, so I made the switch to reta starting at 2 mg. This week I went up to 5 mg of Reta. Two things I'm wondering about: first, what dose should I be aiming for with reta? So far I haven't noticed much of anything. Second, is it worth staying on Tirzepatide to deal with food noise? My appetite has really ramped back up. If that's not the way to go, does anyone have a suggestion for what to stack alongside the Reta to help with weight loss? I'm also on trt and lifting weights, working on adding muscle while cutting fat.

Thanks!
For 2 months I was taking 15mg of Tirzepatide, then hit a stall.

When I began Reta, I stacked it with Tirzepatide.

Month 1: 2mg of Reta plus 10mg of Tirzepatide

Month 2: 4mg of Reta plus 7.5mg of Tirzepatide

Month 3: 6mg of Reta plus 5mg of Tirzepatide

Month 4 (Now): 6mg of Reta, no Tirzepatide at all.

Did you start the TRT not long ago? The stall you're seeing might come from water retention and the muscle you're adding. If your goal is to make some gainz, eating a bit more is probably a good move for you.
 
Estarossa19 said:

For 2 months I was taking 15mg of Tirzepatide, then hit a stall.

When I began Reta, I stacked it with Tirzepatide.

Month 1: 2mg of Reta plus 10mg of Tirzepatide

Month 2: 4mg of Reta plus 7.5mg of Tirzepatide

Month 3: 6mg of Reta plus 5mg of Tirzepatide

Month 4 (Now): 6mg of Reta, no Tirzepatide at all.

Did you start the TRT not long ago? The stall you're seeing might come from water retention and the muscle you're adding. If your goal is to make some gainz, eating a bit more is probably a good move for you.
TRT is something I began in July. Since my lifting has been consistent over the past couple of months and my lifts have gone up significantly, it's possible that muscle weight is being added.
 
Spendejo said:

TRT is something I began in July. Since my lifting has been consistent over the past couple of months and my lifts have gone up significantly, it's possible that muscle weight is being added.
TRT isn't something I'm using myself, but a friend of mine just got on it and added creatine at the same time, and he put on roughly 20 pounds within about a month.

For the time being, I wouldn't stress over it. Grab some measurements and track your progress with those.
 
After hitting a 6 month plateau while on 15 MG Tirz, I made the switch. During month one I took 2.5 MG Reta alongside 12.5 MG Tirz. After that I lowered the Tirz and raised the Reta. At present I'm on 7.5 MG Tirz plus 7 MG Reta each week. Over 3 months I dropped 9 kg, and the stall is finally over!
 
Back
Top