Switched from Reta to tirz and now hunger is back

Jaydog25

Explorer
Joined
May 11, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Huntsville AL Usa
Hey all. I used Reta for 1.5 months and it was going great. After that I made the switch to tirz. The reason I moved to tirz was for the cardiovascular benefits. I began at 2.5mg, which is what most people start with. During week 1 I wasn't really hungry, unlike how I felt on Reta. Yesterday I took my 2nd dose, and today I'm the hungriest I've been since before I ever used Reta. I'm not sure whether some Reta was still in my system last week, but after my 2nd dose yesterday I am extremely hungry today. The tirz came from a very reliable vendor on here, so I doubt it's bunk, but something isn't working the way it did on Reta. I'm sure Reta provides the same cardiovascular benefits, I'd just like to see them published. Has anyone else gone through anything similar. Thanks everyone
 
Jaydog25 said:

Hey all. I used Reta for 1.5 months and it was going great. After that I made the switch to tirz. The reason I moved to tirz was for the cardiovascular benefits. I began at 2.5mg, which is what most people start with. During week 1 I wasn't really hungry, unlike how I felt on Reta. Yesterday I took my 2nd dose, and today I'm the hungriest I've been since before I ever used Reta. I'm not sure whether some Reta was still in my system last week, but after my 2nd dose yesterday I am extremely hungry today. The tirz came from a very reliable vendor on here, so I doubt it's bunk, but something isn't working the way it did on Reta. I'm sure Reta provides the same cardiovascular benefits, I'd just like to see them published. Has anyone else gone through anything similar. Thanks everyone
My situation was the reverse, though my tirzepatide is prescribed as Mounjaro. For 1 month I left tirzepatide and used retatrutide instead. With only 1 mg of retatrutide, my heart rate went up, my fasting glucose rose, and the food noise returned. Once I went back to Mounjaro, my glucose, heart rate, and appetite control all went back to normal.
 
txnj11 said:

Jaydog25 said:

Hey all. I used Reta for 1.5 months and it was going great. After that I made the switch to tirz. The reason I moved to tirz was for the cardiovascular benefits. I began at 2.5mg, which is what most people start with. During week 1 I wasn't really hungry, unlike how I felt on Reta. Yesterday I took my 2nd dose, and today I'm the hungriest I've been since before I ever used Reta. I'm not sure whether some Reta was still in my system last week, but after my 2nd dose yesterday I am extremely hungry today. The tirz came from a very reliable vendor on here, so I doubt it's bunk, but something isn't working the way it did on Reta. I'm sure Reta provides the same cardiovascular benefits, I'd just like to see them published. Has anyone else gone through anything similar. Thanks everyone
My situation was the reverse, though my tirzepatide is prescribed as Mounjaro. For 1 month I left tirzepatide and used retatrutide instead. With only 1 mg of retatrutide, my heart rate went up, my fasting glucose rose, and the food noise returned. Once I went back to Mounjaro, my glucose, heart rate, and appetite control all went back to normal.
My heart rate did go up quite a bit while on Reta, but hunger was absolutely not an issue for me lol
 
How much reta were you on for your final dose? If you enter that into a half-life calculator, you can get a decent sense of whether residual overlap matters — though since reta's half-life is 6 days, there was definitely still some in your body at the time you made the change. A lot of people say tirz suppresses appetite more strongly, but that's just broad anecdotal input and doesn't account for dosing and other variables.

My advice would be to give it time. Changing things up after just 6 weeks on a protocol hints that doing more reading and planning beforehand could help.
 
fatjacked said:

How much reta were you on for your final dose? If you enter that into a half-life calculator, you can get a decent sense of whether residual overlap matters — though since reta's half-life is 6 days, there was definitely still some in your body at the time you made the change. A lot of people say tirz suppresses appetite more strongly, but that's just broad anecdotal input and doesn't account for dosing and other variables.

My advice would be to give it time. Changing things up after just 6 weeks on a protocol hints that doing more reading and planning beforehand could help.
I opened on 1 mg of retatrutide, but at 1 mg the GI side effects were too much for me, so it came down to 0.5 mg. Before touching retatrutide I took a one-week washout off tirzepatide, then ran retatrutide for a month. At the moment I'm on 5 mg of prescribed Mounjaro (tirzepatide).
 
Jaydog25 said:

Hey all. I used Reta for 1.5 months and it was going great. After that I made the switch to tirz. The reason I moved to tirz was for the cardiovascular benefits. I began at 2.5mg, which is what most people start with. During week 1 I wasn't really hungry, unlike how I felt on Reta. Yesterday I took my 2nd dose, and today I'm the hungriest I've been since before I ever used Reta. I'm not sure whether some Reta was still in my system last week, but after my 2nd dose yesterday I am extremely hungry today. The tirz came from a very reliable vendor on here, so I doubt it's bunk, but something isn't working the way it did on Reta. I'm sure Reta provides the same cardiovascular benefits, I'd just like to see them published. Has anyone else gone through anything similar. Thanks everyone
Tirz can need as long as 48 hours to take effect, and occasionally a little more. Wait another day or two.
 
Jaydog25 said:

Hey all. I used Reta for 1.5 months and it was going great. After that I made the switch to tirz. The reason I moved to tirz was for the cardiovascular benefits. I began at 2.5mg, which is what most people start with. During week 1 I wasn't really hungry, unlike how I felt on Reta. Yesterday I took my 2nd dose, and today I'm the hungriest I've been since before I ever used Reta. I'm not sure whether some Reta was still in my system last week, but after my 2nd dose yesterday I am extremely hungry today. The tirz came from a very reliable vendor on here, so I doubt it's bunk, but something isn't working the way it did on Reta. I'm sure Reta provides the same cardiovascular benefits, I'd just like to see them published. Has anyone else gone through anything similar. Thanks everyone
Reta remains in the body for approximately 32 days.
 
Tirz has the same cardiovascular upside as Reta, most likely, though that hasn't been established yet; on top of that, Reta comes with a bigger problem of a raised heart rate.

Without a number for your prior Reta dose, there is no way to figure out what is happening. After a tirz shot, peak blood levels usually arrive at about 24 hours, with a window of 12-36 hours, so holding off for the moment makes sense. Go back over your math on the dilutions and doses for both Reta and tirz, just in case a dosing mistake crept in.
 
Once I had done sema for 18 months, I moved over to tirz since sema seemed to have lost its punch. For 1.5 years now I have kept my dose at 2.5mg, and for me the appetite suppression is really powerful. The flip side is that it brings on quite noticeable acid reflux, and I dread to think how much worse that discomfort could become if I went up in dose.
 
Jaydog25 said:

Hey all. I used Reta for 1.5 months and it was going great. After that I made the switch to tirz. The reason I moved to tirz was for the cardiovascular benefits. I began at 2.5mg, which is what most people start with. During week 1 I wasn't really hungry, unlike how I felt on Reta. Yesterday I took my 2nd dose, and today I'm the hungriest I've been since before I ever used Reta. I'm not sure whether some Reta was still in my system last week, but after my 2nd dose yesterday I am extremely hungry today. The tirz came from a very reliable vendor on here, so I doubt it's bunk, but something isn't working the way it did on Reta. I'm sure Reta provides the same cardiovascular benefits, I'd just like to see them published. Has anyone else gone through anything similar. Thanks everyone
Wait 1 or 2 days. The day after I pin, the effect isn't at its peak for me, but by day 2 afterward, it hits fully.

Some weeks, on day 7, it also seems to be doing less, while other times it works quite well.

Other weeks, the entire week feels just okay, and then the following one is like 'boom!'

So yes, allow some time before you settle on any definitive conclusions 🙂
 
lessthanhalf said:

Tirz has the same cardiovascular upside as Reta, most likely, though that hasn't been established yet; on top of that, Reta comes with a bigger problem of a raised heart rate.

Without a number for your prior Reta dose, there is no way to figure out what is happening. After a tirz shot, peak blood levels usually arrive at about 24 hours, with a window of 12-36 hours, so holding off for the moment makes sense. Go back over your math on the dilutions and doses for both Reta and tirz, just in case a dosing mistake crept in.
For 6 weeks I ran Reta at 1mg weekly, beginning with 500mcgs. After taking 7 days off, I moved to tirz, starting at 2.5. As of today my appetite is at least the same, possibly stronger.
 
Jaydog25 said:

lessthanhalf said:

Tirz has the same cardiovascular upside as Reta, most likely, though that hasn't been established yet; on top of that, Reta comes with a bigger problem of a raised heart rate.

Without a number for your prior Reta dose, there is no way to figure out what is happening. After a tirz shot, peak blood levels usually arrive at about 24 hours, with a window of 12-36 hours, so holding off for the moment makes sense. Go back over your math on the dilutions and doses for both Reta and tirz, just in case a dosing mistake crept in.
For 6 weeks I ran Reta at 1mg weekly, beginning with 500mcgs. After taking 7 days off, I moved to tirz, starting at 2.5. As of today my appetite is at least the same, possibly stronger.
Less is knowledgeable. I'd hold off.
 
Jaydog25 said:

Hey all. I used Reta for 1.5 months and it was going great. After that I made the switch to tirz. The reason I moved to tirz was for the cardiovascular benefits. I began at 2.5mg, which is what most people start with. During week 1 I wasn't really hungry, unlike how I felt on Reta. Yesterday I took my 2nd dose, and today I'm the hungriest I've been since before I ever used Reta. I'm not sure whether some Reta was still in my system last week, but after my 2nd dose yesterday I am extremely hungry today. The tirz came from a very reliable vendor on here, so I doubt it's bunk, but something isn't working the way it did on Reta. I'm sure Reta provides the same cardiovascular benefits, I'd just like to see them published. Has anyone else gone through anything similar. Thanks everyone
A lot of data supports Reta having significant cardiovascular advantages. When I mentioned to my cardiologist that I was taking Reta, he advised me to continue, noting that they are observing substantial gains in heart function with GLP1s.
 
Theoretically, 2.5mg of tirz ought to suppress appetite more than 1 mg of reta, though both results and adverse effects vary from person to person. I once spent a long time figuring out which tirz dose could substitute for ozempic at 0.22mg every second day, which had been giving me side effects, and my calculation came out to roughly 3 or 4mg per week. In the end I needed 15mg before appetite suppression improved at all, though at least nausea was lower — far from what I had estimated.

What you are aiming for matters somewhat. If for some reason you want fast results, you can try forcing the tirz dose upward; if not, the issue will resolve itself as your doses climb.

If you are trying to hold to a set daily calorie number and that is hard at your present tirz dose, the only somewhat safe way to raise doses more quickly is to use smaller, more frequent doses — but you must accept a greater risk of side effects that appear more abruptly or more severely. If you choose that route, check glp plotter first. If you want to nudge doses up, simply add 1 extra mg every second day of tirz, then after a while add 1.5mg extra every second day. Smaller doses produce lower peak blood levels and take less time to drop back to pre-dose levels. My guess is that you are unlikely to get many side effects right away from dose increases, since you are genuinely hungry; typically the earliest sign the drug is active is reduced hunger or mild nausea, and if those are missing, raising the dose is usually fine. Tiny frequent doses can normally bring you to a working dose — whatever that is for you — within a few weeks. For instance, 1.5mg /2 days is x 3.5 per week = 5.25mg/week. Once you reach a stable dose, you can always switch back to weekly dosing. And once side effects or effects begin, you must slow increases down a great deal.

Or simply take your time and raise by 2.5mg every 4 weeks. No schedule will stop all side effects; the aim is to try to avoid being hit by sudden severe ones such as vomiting.
 
Jaydog25 said:

lessthanhalf said:

Tirz has the same cardiovascular upside as Reta, most likely, though that hasn't been established yet; on top of that, Reta comes with a bigger problem of a raised heart rate.

Without a number for your prior Reta dose, there is no way to figure out what is happening. After a tirz shot, peak blood levels usually arrive at about 24 hours, with a window of 12-36 hours, so holding off for the moment makes sense. Go back over your math on the dilutions and doses for both Reta and tirz, just in case a dosing mistake crept in.
For 6 weeks I ran Reta at 1mg weekly, beginning with 500mcgs. After taking 7 days off, I moved to tirz, starting at 2.5. As of today my appetite is at least the same, possibly stronger.
If the effects aren't showing up for you, why not increase your reta dose? 1mg is a tiny amount. In trials, the highest dose used is 12mg.
 
Back
Top