Surgical hardware extraction

TeresaHip

Explorer
Joined
Mar 3, 2026
Messages
309
Reaction score
0
Location
Louisiana
Today I had the hardware taken out of my tib fib fracture, which is a step before total knee surgery. My orthopedic surgeon preferred that I hold off until afterward, though I ought to have begun earlier. I also received some kvp. Thank you all for the recommendations.
 
TeresaHip said:

Today I had the hardware taken out of my tib fib fracture, which is a step before total knee surgery. My orthopedic surgeon preferred that I hold off until afterward, though I ought to have begun earlier. I also received some kvp. Thank you all for the recommendations.
Wishing you all the best! I've gone through 3 knee replacements personally
 
Before the low T hit, I was what you'd call a man's man. But tell me — when you came across that heading, "Hardware removal surgery," did anyone else have an involuntary wince or cringe reaction? Just checking on behalf of a buddy...
 
TeresaHip said:

Today I had the hardware taken out of my tib fib fracture, which is a step before total knee surgery. My orthopedic surgeon preferred that I hold off until afterward, though I ought to have begun earlier. I also received some kvp. Thank you all for the recommendations.
Hey, I went through that exact procedure on my tib fib back in December. My recovery was really straightforward—just 3 days after the operation I was already up and walking. They took out 3 plates and 17 screws. Hope you heal up fast, buddy.
 
CNCCurrency said:

TeresaHip said:

Today I had the hardware taken out of my tib fib fracture, which is a step before total knee surgery. My orthopedic surgeon preferred that I hold off until afterward, though I ought to have begun earlier. I also received some kvp. Thank you all for the recommendations.
Wishing you all the best! I've gone through 3 knee replacements personally
On 1 knee, I've already gone through a revision. The current procedure follows a tib fib fracture, and once recovery from it is complete, a total knee will be next.
 
308fan said:

Hoping your healing goes quickly. In my view, KPV is a solid pick, though I'd also suggest checking out the Wolverine stack.
Appreciate it! I've looked into things a little. GHK-Cu is something I'd like to add too. Compared with putting it and kpv into a wolverine stack, it costs less. Right now I'm definitely watching my spending since my medical bills are piling up. If money allowed, I'd prefer that route.
 
Kirbyzx6 said:

A short 20 day course of cartalax is always an option. It has helped me with persistent low back pain.
My research on this is only beginning. Before going through with the total knee procedure, I may give it a try. There's no denying the potential it holds.
 
Back
Top