To be honest, that's a completely reasonable justification lolAscojoerg said:
Yes I have, and honestly the only thing stopping me is that I'd already bought several kits of Tirz. Once those are gone, or if I can't reach my goal weight, I'll likely revisit the idea.Mara_aa said:
Reading your response has genuinely helped calm me down, so thank you for taking the time to write it.Ascojoerg said:
Yes — I went through this myself last summer while using standard prescription Mounjaro. Right after the injection, out of nowhere, I got hit with nausea worse than anything I'd had before, plus severe diarrhea. Staying hydrated was a real fight because of the nausea, and eating was completely off the table for an entire week. My dose at the time was higher (7,5mg), but I'd already been sitting at 7,5mg for 5 weeks, and it was the very same pen I'd used during the 2 weeks before that.
The reassuring part (based only on my own experience) is that it doesn't stick around forever. I quit abruptly because I was terrified of a repeat, and stayed off for roughly 4 months. Eventually curiosity about grey got the better of me, so I restarted at a low dose (Tirz 2,5mg) purely for maintenance and to quiet food noise. Once I'd been on that low dose for a while, I chose to go up again, since I'd never reached my goal weight and was still obese. Since then, by titrating up gradually, I've dropped another 5kg.
The part that rattled me most is that nothing changed beforehand — same dose for weeks, then out of nowhere this reaction.
From what you describe, our situations line up closely, though my symptoms leaned more toward nausea and feeling weak rather than diarrhea. That bit about struggling to keep fluids down? That has been my exact reality.
Hearing that it eventually resolved for you means a lot. My head keeps spiraling right now, telling me my body has written off Tirz permanently as something toxic…
I'm on day 12 as of today and things have only eased slightly, so injecting again is completely off the table for me at this point
Did you ever think about switching over to Reta? Honestly, the thought of returning to how loud the food noise used to be long term is something I can't picture.
It's great that you were able to start up again without issues and keep losing by going back up on the dose gradually.
Plus, if Tirz continues to do its job for you in general, deciding against switching too soon is entirely logical. That was precisely what I intended as well, until my body chose to throw this theatrical tantrum.