Sudden spike in food noise

Joined
May 7, 2026
Messages
138
Reaction score
0
Location
WV
Has anyone else been mostly free of food noise and managing well on the GLP, then out of nowhere had a day where the food noise went completely crazy? That hit me for the first time yesterday. Since I began the GLP, food noise has been pretty minimal, and it’s been great. But yesterday, food was constantly on my mind, and while I was walking down the sidewalk to yoga and passing restaurants, I kept thinking “omg I want that.” Anyone else?
 
UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Has anyone else been mostly free of food noise and managing well on the GLP, then out of nowhere had a day where the food noise went completely crazy? That hit me for the first time yesterday. Since I began the GLP, food noise has been pretty minimal, and it’s been great. But yesterday, food was constantly on my mind, and while I was walking down the sidewalk to yoga and passing restaurants, I kept thinking “omg I want that.” Anyone else?
The only instance where I experienced anything close to this was after I noticed I had been seriously under-eating. It built up over multiple days of not taking in enough calories, and then it all caught up with me at once — as if my body was yelling that it needed fuel. FEED ME!
 
Hunger hasn't disappeared for me, but it no longer has that relentless "MUST EAT" quality sitting at the front of my mind... and grabbing a handful of nuts (or skipping them) is basically enough for the thought to slip away completely.... 👍
 
Yeah, that’s happened to me too on tirz, even during stretches when food noise stays pretty low. In my case it’s typically a sign that I’ve run low on intake for several days and it’s catching up with me, rather than the med quitting on me. Eating a solid meal with a good amount of protein shuts it down; if it keeps up for a few days, I look at sleep and calories first before worrying.
 
I had no real hunger and I wasn’t running low on fuel. I just felt extremely snacky, and there was no valid explanation for it.
 
I get exactly what you mean. For me it tends to show up once the day winds down. There's no genuine hunger in my body or stomach, and I don't even feel full, yet this intense urge to nibble or eat something takes over, and it's purely mental. Could be that when I'm slowing down and my mind isn't so occupied, it decides I should fill the time the way I always did, with snacking.
 
For me, it tends to show up toward the end of the week, right around when my Reta injection is due. Even so, I still get full fast. I've come to accept that occasional, unpredictable hunger cues deserve attention — perhaps my body lacks something, and the craving exists for a cause I don't consciously know.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

So, what was your approach? How did you deal with it?
I attempt to occupy my brain, mostly with pointless chores. After that, I bought a load of items such as cherry tomatoes, celery, and cucumbers. Around 15 of those tomatoes adds up to just 48 calories LOL.

The strange part is that despite feeling full, my mouth keeps pushing me to consume something. Trying to break 50 years of terrible eating patterns is not easy.
 
Yeah, I get this too. For me it's 100% tied to the week before my period — hormones are what set it off. During that stretch I never drop any weight, and occasionally I'll gain a couple pounds. Once my period wraps up, things return to normal.
 
mike821504 said:

HereKittyKitty said:

So, what was your approach? How did you deal with it?
I attempt to occupy my brain, mostly with pointless chores. After that, I bought a load of items such as cherry tomatoes, celery, and cucumbers. Around 15 of those tomatoes adds up to just 48 calories LOL.

The strange part is that despite feeling full, my mouth keeps pushing me to consume something. Trying to break 50 years of terrible eating patterns is not easy.
What thoughtful decisions! I'm happy you allowed yourself to have it. Not that overindulging is the right path, but because your body was asking for food, you provided it with wholesome, healthy, nutrient-rich choices.

Every one of us has unhealthy patterns to break and better ones to build. You're not the only one facing that.
 
amosmylove said:

Yeah, I get this too. For me it's 100% tied to the week before my period — hormones are what set it off. During that stretch I never drop any weight, and occasionally I'll gain a couple pounds. Once my period wraps up, things return to normal.
For me as well, it typically appears to be tied to hormones.
 
Since starting Reta in April, I've experienced something along these lines. Certain days bring on urges for carbs, sweets, or snacks....My diet leans toward high protein, low carb, and low fat, which could be a factor...yet this never occurs while I'm fasting. It consistently shows up following the day's first meal...at times the sensation is gentle and manageable, while on other days it's more intense and I genuinely battle it. What's odd is that it never appears on the 4th or 5th day after my Reta shot. There's no consistent pattern. It could be the next day, or even on injection day itself. I don't divide the dose—I inject Reta 1 time per week...
 
Back
Top