Struggling with sleep

I appreciate all of you. Given how many health problems I have, I don't rush into choices. In fact, I brought this up with my doctor during yesterday's visit. According to her, there are plenty of peptides I could test out (she's aware of my current regimen), though her knowledge of them is limited. A lot of prescription medications hit me hard because I'm very sensitive.
 
TeresaHip said:

Sleep has become such a problem for me and it's driving me crazy. For days at a time I only get a few hours each night, and then I just collapse. Something has to change. The exhaustion never goes away.

Maybe I'll give disip a shot.
DSIP is the only one I've given a shot, and it just didn't work out for me.

These days I take 2 IU of HGH nightly before hitting the sack, and my sleep has become amazing.

Just wondering...are you on cannabis or nicotine? In my case, those two threw my sleep cycle completely out of whack.
 
modoodom said:

TeresaHip said:

Sleep has become such a problem for me and it's driving me crazy. For days at a time I only get a few hours each night, and then I just collapse. Something has to change. The exhaustion never goes away.

Maybe I'll give disip a shot.
DSIP is the only one I've given a shot, and it just didn't work out for me.

These days I take 2 IU of HGH nightly before hitting the sack, and my sleep has become amazing.

Just wondering...are you on cannabis or nicotine? In my case, those two threw my sleep cycle completely out of whack.
Yes I do, though getting rest has never come easily to me. Any sleep I manage to get comes from cannabis.
 
FartfulCodger said:

If Magnesium Glycinate has worked for you, how much do you take?
On most nights, 300-400mg Magnesium Glycinate together with 3 grams Glycine does the trick for me. It doesn't work every time, though.

I'm planning to begin CJC+IPA soon, aiming to support both gym recovery and sleep.
 
TastyBlack said:

FartfulCodger said:

If Magnesium Glycinate has worked for you, how much do you take?
On most nights, 300-400mg Magnesium Glycinate together with 3 grams Glycine does the trick for me. It doesn't work every time, though.

I'm planning to begin CJC+IPA soon, aiming to support both gym recovery and sleep.
Taking glycine leaves me really dehydrated 😭 I have no idea what causes it, and I even gave the capsules a go instead of the powder
 
Mr. Blonde said:

What worked for me was glycine alongside magnesium. They're both inexpensive and available without a prescription.
I appreciate it! It did the trick! Last night I got close to 7 hours of sleep.
 
Thanks to those who suggested magnesium glycinate. Last night I managed close to 7 hours of sleep. I haven't started taking glycine yet. My body is grateful to all of you.
 
TeresaHip said:

Bluecost10 said:

TeresaHip said:

Sleep has become such a problem for me and it's driving me crazy. For days at a time I only get a few hours each night, and then I just collapse. Something has to change. The exhaustion never goes away.

Maybe I'll give disip a shot.
While DSIP has been beneficial for certain individuals, my suggestion would be to start by adding some cardio exercise to your everyday schedule if you haven't done that yet, or simply have a conversation with a doctor regarding the issue.
I get cardio in whenever possible. At the moment, I'm dealing with a terrible lupus flare.
I'm really sorry you're dealing with autoimmune problems… my dad had Lupus. In my case, it's undifferentiated connective tissue disease.

When a flare hits, does your sleep schedule usually go out the window?
 
Throttle883 said:

TeresaHip said:

Bluecost10 said:

TeresaHip said:

Sleep has become such a problem for me and it's driving me crazy. For days at a time I only get a few hours each night, and then I just collapse. Something has to change. The exhaustion never goes away.

Maybe I'll give disip a shot.
While DSIP has been beneficial for certain individuals, my suggestion would be to start by adding some cardio exercise to your everyday schedule if you haven't done that yet, or simply have a conversation with a doctor regarding the issue.
I get cardio in whenever possible. At the moment, I'm dealing with a terrible lupus flare.
I'm really sorry you're dealing with autoimmune problems… my dad had Lupus. In my case, it's undifferentiated connective tissue disease.

When a flare hits, does your sleep schedule usually go out the window?
It varies. Whether I lose my sleep pattern comes down to how severe the flare happens to be.
 
RetCurious said:

FartfulCodger said:

DSIP, Epitalon, Melatonin, and Magnesium Glycinate are among the options I've given a shot. For me, none of them has produced much benefit.

A product from Blackstone Labs named Anesthetized has caught my attention. What gives me pause is that Phenibut is one of its ingredients, and that substance has the potential to become habit-forming. Does anyone know about this?
This is a new one on me, but after a quick look I can tell it's not something I'd touch.

Phenibut Is Neither Proven Nor Safe As A Prosocial Wonder Drug



View attachment 11207



Phenibut Is Neither Proven Nor Safe As A Prosocial Wonder Drug



Editor's note: With Mark Crislip away on yet another vacation, we present an inaugural guest post from Abby Campbell, a practicing MD, Ph.D and contributor at HealthyButSmart.com. Welcome Abby!

sciencebasedmedicine.org

A major red flag surrounding phenibut is its capacity to cause physical dependence, withdrawal, and addiction.


https://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/drugs-alcohol/phenibut.htm
With phenibut, you need to watch out — it is highly habit-forming, and it does not take long before something that once worked well stops doing anything.
 

Attachments

  • fc5a3409f71656557971f40a19981efe5ca6e3a70d5443b8af7b66ec59802ca7.jpg
    fc5a3409f71656557971f40a19981efe5ca6e3a70d5443b8af7b66ec59802ca7.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 5
It is good to hear that a doctor is involved in your care. My initial thought was to recommend extensive blood testing to address any potential deficiencies.
 
Throttle883 said:

TeresaHip said:

Bluecost10 said:

TeresaHip said:

Sleep has become such a problem for me and it's driving me crazy. For days at a time I only get a few hours each night, and then I just collapse. Something has to change. The exhaustion never goes away.

Maybe I'll give disip a shot.
While DSIP has been beneficial for certain individuals, my suggestion would be to start by adding some cardio exercise to your everyday schedule if you haven't done that yet, or simply have a conversation with a doctor regarding the issue.
I get cardio in whenever possible. At the moment, I'm dealing with a terrible lupus flare.
I'm really sorry you're dealing with autoimmune problems… my dad had Lupus. In my case, it's undifferentiated connective tissue disease.

When a flare hits, does your sleep schedule usually go out the window?
Yeah, since whenever I'm able to sleep, I have to take that chance. It really comes down to the flare. At times, pain and discomfort are the reason. This time around, it happened because of too much sun. For lupus, sun exposure is nearly toxic.
 
TeresaHip said:

Mr. Blonde said:

What worked for me was glycine alongside magnesium. They're both inexpensive and available without a prescription.
I appreciate it! It did the trick! Last night I got close to 7 hours of sleep.
That's wonderful news. I'm happy it was effective in your case!
 
Back
Top