Struggling to Eat Junk Food Now

Mimsy

Explorer
Joined
Jun 23, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
After roughly 2.5 months on Reta, I've found that junk or heavily processed food is much tougher to get down. So far I've dropped around 40lbs. I hit the gym 6 days per week and add cardio on about 4-5 of those days. My current dose is 6mg once weekly, injected E5D, and I've stayed at that level for about 5-6 weeks, moving up from 2mg to 4mg and then to 6mg. I'm also keeping a steady caloric deficit while making sure I get at least ~200g of protein daily.

In the past, I could easily demolish a bag of chips or a pack of gummy bears. Now, eating anything like that is far more difficult. Take pizza: I hadn't had it in ~2 months, then some friends came over. I ate two slices with no trouble and was still hungry. But by the third slice, it took every ounce of effort and focus to keep from throwing up. My wife had the same experience—she managed only ~2 slices and was completely done.

The odd thing is that I can put away much more when the food is clean. A couple of baked fish fillets with sweet potatoes? No issue. Chicken breasts with salad, rice, etc.? No issue. But eat ~5-6 gummy bears and I immediately feel stuffed and awful. Perhaps it's because those foods are calorie-dense, so you're technically taking in far more calories than with cleaner food.

Beer is similar. I used to be really into beer and stopped drinking when I began working out and taking Reta. With something light like an Ultra, I can get through ~2 cans. But the heavy stouts I once loved—I'd be lucky to finish one in ~1hr. It takes me a while. I used to be able to drink ~4-5 of them in an hour.

Anyway, I'm curious whether anyone else has this same issue where eating crappy food is just really hard in general. These days, if we're going out as a group, I dread places that serve only fried food. I just can't do it anymore.
 
17 days into Reta (2mg weekly), and the same thing has happened to me — my food picks have gotten better. When hunger hits, there's no specific thing I'm after anymore, so I end up leaning toward healthier options.

Makes me wonder whether people who aren't overweight get to feel this way without any help...
 
Four pounds gone every week?

Yeah. On a GLP-1, the punch from greasy, fatty, heavily processed food lands much harder. That's a big part of why these drugs do so well.
 
ColdSmoke said:

Four pounds gone every week?

Yeah. On a GLP-1, the punch from greasy, fatty, heavily processed food lands much harder. That's a big part of why these drugs do so well.

Yeah, roughly ~4lbs weekly, which honestly seems insane. Back around ~2018 I was in genuinely great shape — bodybuilding, eating clean, that whole thing. Then ~2020 rolled around, life happened, I got lazy after our first kid arrived, and the weight came on fast. I haven't been doing anything too extreme. I'm just in the gym 6 times a week running Reddit's Push/Pull/Legs program, I quit drinking, and I'm simply eating better these days.

Totally agree about 100% re: GLP-1s amplifying highly processed food. I can absolutely feel it. Early on it wasn't that bad, but over the last ~2 weeks I've been able to tell my body just can't handle that kind of food in big amounts. It leaves me feeling genuinely sick.
 
European said:

17 days into Reta (2mg weekly), and the same thing has happened to me — my food picks have gotten better. When hunger hits, there's no specific thing I'm after anymore, so I end up leaning toward healthier options.

Makes me wonder whether people who aren't overweight get to feel this way without any help...
Nope.

ColdSmoke said:

Four pounds gone every week?

Yeah. On a GLP-1, the punch from greasy, fatty, heavily processed food lands much harder. That's a big part of why these drugs do so well.
That's on the high side for a single week. Worth reading up on.
 
BNLFL said:

European said:

17 days into Reta (2mg weekly), and the same thing has happened to me — my food picks have gotten better. When hunger hits, there's no specific thing I'm after anymore, so I end up leaning toward healthier options.

Makes me wonder whether people who aren't overweight get to feel this way without any help...
Nope.

ColdSmoke said:

Four pounds gone every week?

Yeah. On a GLP-1, the punch from greasy, fatty, heavily processed food lands much harder. That's a big part of why these drugs do so well.
That's on the high side for a single week. Worth reading up on.

When you stack big changes to your diet, a workout routine, and peptides on top of each other, the opening weeks can be swayed by a lot of factors.

In my own first 10 weeks I dropped 37lbs, though a large share of that was water weight.

I also think it is too much, and it worried me...

Rather than changing my dose right away, I held steady, and the rate of loss quickly settled down to a far more reasonable average.

Losing too fast = muscle loss, hair loss, malnutrition, a slower metabolism, and it can even bring on gallstones

By the time I reached goal, my average worked out to 2lbs a week; that number was heavily distorted because the first 4 weeks accounted for 21lb.

72a637aa8eb3cbaf1276e990748a87a09d4d5b6228bdc0362d270bc76f7205e7.webp


As for junk food

When starting I cut out all the junk, and I do not think I could have done it without the Tirz-

I never have been able to until now.
 
Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

European said:

17 days into Reta (2mg weekly), and the same thing has happened to me — my food picks have gotten better. When hunger hits, there's no specific thing I'm after anymore, so I end up leaning toward healthier options.

Makes me wonder whether people who aren't overweight get to feel this way without any help...
Nope.

ColdSmoke said:

Four pounds gone every week?

Yeah. On a GLP-1, the punch from greasy, fatty, heavily processed food lands much harder. That's a big part of why these drugs do so well.
That's on the high side for a single week. Worth reading up on.

When you stack big changes to your diet, a workout routine, and peptides on top of each other, the opening weeks can be swayed by a lot of factors.

In my own first 10 weeks I dropped 37lbs, though a large share of that was water weight.

I also think it is too much, and it worried me...

Rather than changing my dose right away, I held steady, and the rate of loss quickly settled down to a far more reasonable average.

Losing too fast = muscle loss, hair loss, malnutrition, a slower metabolism, and it can even bring on gallstones

By the time I reached goal, my average worked out to 2lbs a week; that number was heavily distorted because the first 4 weeks accounted for 21lb.

View attachment 10928

As for junk food

When starting I cut out all the junk, and I do not think I could have done it without the Tirz-

I never have been able to until now.
I'm 100% with you on that. My own numbers: 5lbs in week one, 4lbs the second week at 2mg. Water weight almost certainly played a part. Doses only ever moved upward for me. The scale has crept back up as well, and early on that had me saying WTF. These days I understand the pattern and it no longer rattles me.
 
Back
Top