Struggling to drink water while on Reta

casprow

Explorer
Joined
Apr 12, 2026
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Location
Germany
Hi everyone, I'm in week 6 of Reta 2 mg. Appetite suppression and fat loss are both progressing nicely, but I have an issue: remembering to drink water is really difficult, and even when I do, I can only get down about half a cup by pushing myself, after which I feel full for 3-5 and have no desire or thought of having another glass.

I've begun noticing dehydration side effects — my urine is very orange, and I keep getting headaches whenever I stand up. Has anyone else dealt with this? If yes, what did you do to solve it and increase your daily water intake?
 
casprow said:

Hi everyone, I'm in week 6 of Reta 2 mg. Appetite suppression and fat loss are both progressing nicely, but I have an issue: remembering to drink water is really difficult, and even when I do, I can only get down about half a cup by pushing myself, after which I feel full for 3-5 and have no desire or thought of having another glass.

I've begun noticing dehydration side effects — my urine is very orange, and I keep getting headaches whenever I stand up. Has anyone else dealt with this? If yes, what did you do to solve it and increase your daily water intake?
Maybe try some reminders that actually work for you—alarms, a calendar entry, or sticky notes?
 
Reminder apps or alarms are an option, as dragon mentioned. For me, though, what really worked was getting a water bottle just for this — buying one with that single purpose in mind made it feel more important and kept it on my radar. My goal is 2 bottles a day, so when noon comes around and the bottle is still nearly full, that's my cue to start chugging! Do whatever suits you best, though.
 
You really need to make an effort to drink enough. This matters a lot. A person I know ended up with kidney stones because they weren't drinking enough.
 
My hydration has ranged between good and just ok. Back in the early days, I used to relocate 8 bottles of water to the front fridge as my daily ration. That stopped happening.

I work outdoors, and the biggest change over the past month or so has been trying to accept a bottle of water whenever someone offers a drink to the group (we all wear headsets).

At night I'll step on the scale, and if the number is below what it was that morning, I'll have a bottle or two of water and likely some food. Yesterday I was half a pound down, so I had 8 pieces of bacon and a liter of water. This morning I woke up even lighter, but I knew it wasn't water that had gone missing from the day before.
 
I used to drink water in huge amounts. Actually, I overdid it. After 2 rounds of blood tests, my sodium came back on the low side. Because my water intake was so high, I was flushing sodium and a few other things down the drain, so to speak. I also had to get up 5-6 times every night to urinate.
 
On Tirz, my thirst drive is completely wiped out. To make sure I stay hydrated, I keep a set of pace beads wrapped around my water tumbler as a tracking tool.

Adding flavor to my water helps too.
 
I deal with the same problem, which is why I put my water on a schedule. These days I can't have anything to drink alongside a meal — it leaves me feeling overly full and bloated — so alarms became necessary as a reminder to hydrate. Once I've taken my puppy outside to potty, the very first thing I do is down a glass of water. Before the day ends, I finish with another glass of water.
 
I keep a big bottle nearby and take small sips throughout the day, going through it 2 or 3 times. Drop in a flavored liquid iv packet, and keep your macros in check, carbs included.
 
I take in no less than 64 oz every day. Since GLPs blunt both hunger and thirst, the two signals are tied together. Getting water down isn't optional — you simply have to do it. If dark urine or lightheadedness appear, that means your kidneys are already strained and you're dehydrated. Over time, dehydration can cause kidney stones, worse outcomes, or fainting. I picked up a huge mug at WM and refill it constantly. For taste, I drop in a slice of lemon.
 
Back
Top