Strong cognitive effects from BPC-157 (?)

retarequired

Explorer
Joined
Mar 7, 2026
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Location
Holland
Hi, I'm honestly pretty shocked by what seem to be beneficial changes I'm attributing to BPC-157. This wasn't something I anticipated, so I'm curious whether others have gone through the same thing, whether I'm just experiencing placebo, or whether I happen to be a person who needed it or responds particularly well.

Today was my first time taking BPC, 500 mcg, with the goal of supporting recovery from surgery (30dpo). Roughly 60 minutes after injecting 500 mcg, a strong sense of calm came over me. It felt like I could finally unwind; because of my hypermobility and tension, I usually feel uncomfortable in my own body, but things seemed to move more fluidly and with less effort.

After I took my vyvanse, the come-up felt far more enjoyable and far less stressful, somewhat reminiscent of my very first experience with ADHD medication — if you have ADHD and are on meds too, you probably understand how good that feels.

Overall my mood is simply excellent, even though at the start of the day I assumed it was going to be a rough one. I realize the effect will likely fade as I continue using it, but this has been a really lovely surprise!

I fully acknowledge this could be placebo, yet I had zero expectations of these kinds of effects. What I mostly came across was discussion of its healing properties. Maybe once or twice I saw mention of mood effects as well, but I never dug into that.

So, if you've had something comparable happen, or you're a big fan or a critic of bpc, please chime in! I'd love to learn more, including what others have gone through.
 
Has a connective tissue issue ever been identified in you? Hypermobility frequently points to it, and people in that group usually deal with substantial inflammation. It seems plausible to me that BPC could reduce that inflammation, which might sharpen your thinking and simultaneously help you tolerate the vyvanse more smoothly.
 
Oldnotout said:

Has a connective tissue issue ever been identified in you? Hypermobility frequently points to it, and people in that group usually deal with substantial inflammation. It seems plausible to me that BPC could reduce that inflammation, which might sharpen your thinking and simultaneously help you tolerate the vyvanse more smoothly.
No formal diagnosis has been given to me; the furthest anyone has gone is to note that my joints are hypermobile and suggest physiotherapy, taping, or other corrective approaches for the worst-affected ones. Still, inflammation could plausibly be involved — that's a fascinating idea!!
 
I see you're located in the Netherlands. If you're Dutch by birth, my understanding is that connective tissue issues show up there at some of the highest rates anywhere. A few people close to me whom I care about deeply deal with this, so the whole cluster of related problems is something I know well. Whether peptides can do anything for those conditions is beyond what I know, though it does seem plausible they might offer some benefit. Do let us know how things go!
 
retarequired said:

Oldnotout said:

Has a connective tissue issue ever been identified in you? Hypermobility frequently points to it, and people in that group usually deal with substantial inflammation. It seems plausible to me that BPC could reduce that inflammation, which might sharpen your thinking and simultaneously help you tolerate the vyvanse more smoothly.
No formal diagnosis has been given to me; the furthest anyone has gone is to note that my joints are hypermobile and suggest physiotherapy, taping, or other corrective approaches for the worst-affected ones. Still, inflammation could plausibly be involved — that's a fascinating idea!!
I belong to the not-Marfan's syndrome club, officially. 🙃 The gene I have swapped is the same one, and I share plenty of traits, though my specific genetic change isn't the one Marfan's patients carry.

A handful of other members are around, and someone with EDS even kicked off a thread, but it hasn't seen much action.

My situation mirrors yours closely: physical therapy when I need it, and monitoring my aorta because that area carries risk. Basically, I attempted to fit everything into a neat category, only to find no category exists... so I've landed on "handle life as it arrives," which is exactly where I began.

On top of that, I'm newly diagnosed with ADHD, and I only began BPC last night. Truthfully my sleep was terrible (outside interruptions), so my medication likely wasn't doing much for me at work. Still, today felt just a touch rougher than usual.

Your post gives me hope! Since I took only half a dose yesterday, I'll need to watch how this develops.
 
Oldnotout said:

I see you're located in the Netherlands. If you're Dutch by birth, my understanding is that connective tissue issues show up there at some of the highest rates anywhere. A few people close to me whom I care about deeply deal with this, so the whole cluster of related problems is something I know well. Whether peptides can do anything for those conditions is beyond what I know, though it does seem plausible they might offer some benefit. Do let us know how things go!
That's genuinely fascinating — I'm native too, and I'd never come across that before, though I can absolutely imagine it being true.

On the subject of my joints and BPC: I'll be cleared to exercise again before long, so I'll finally get to really test them out lol. So far, beyond the extra comfort, I've noticed that since they're less tight and looser, it's become easier to accidentally hyperextend them, which isn't great. I think I'm adjusting, though — it seemed worst around day 2-3, so hopefully it's only temporary. Once I've actually stressed them, I'll report back!

Foggy-Hollow said:

retarequired said:

Oldnotout said:

Has a connective tissue issue ever been identified in you? Hypermobility frequently points to it, and people in that group usually deal with substantial inflammation. It seems plausible to me that BPC could reduce that inflammation, which might sharpen your thinking and simultaneously help you tolerate the vyvanse more smoothly.
No formal diagnosis has been given to me; the furthest anyone has gone is to note that my joints are hypermobile and suggest physiotherapy, taping, or other corrective approaches for the worst-affected ones. Still, inflammation could plausibly be involved — that's a fascinating idea!!
I belong to the not-Marfan's syndrome club, officially. 🙃 The gene I have swapped is the same one, and I share plenty of traits, though my specific genetic change isn't the one Marfan's patients carry.

A handful of other members are around, and someone with EDS even kicked off a thread, but it hasn't seen much action.

My situation mirrors yours closely: physical therapy when I need it, and monitoring my aorta because that area carries risk. Basically, I attempted to fit everything into a neat category, only to find no category exists... so I've landed on "handle life as it arrives," which is exactly where I began.

On top of that, I'm newly diagnosed with ADHD, and I only began BPC last night. Truthfully my sleep was terrible (outside interruptions), so my medication likely wasn't doing much for me at work. Still, today felt just a touch rougher than usual.

Your post gives me hope! Since I took only half a dose yesterday, I'll need to watch how this develops.
Appreciate the heads up about the thread — I'll be sure to take a look!

Yeah, sadly the available treatment seems narrow and mostly aimed at controlling the bad parts rather than much else. Still, if everything claimed about BPC holds up, I could picture it making a real difference for hypermobile folks or those dealing with connective tissue disorders, fingers crossed.

Also, given BPC's short half life, you could try taking it during the day and watch whether anything feels different. Keep us posted! : )
 
I can't say I've experienced any mental or cognitive changes from BPC. Then again, my long-standing anxiety issues were already sorted out well before I began, so there likely wasn't anything left for it to address in that department.

My reason for starting BPC was different: I wanted to deal with digestive trouble, specifically diarrhea that came from eating a carnivore diet. It's possible that the carnivore way of eating, along with other animal-based diets I'd followed earlier, had already taken care of whatever BPC might have been able to improve. Unfortunately, it made no difference to what was actually causing the diarrhea. That said, it nearly eliminated my prostatitis symptoms, which is an effect I've never come across in any discussion of BPC. There's clearly still a lot we don't know about what this compound is capable of!

I also came across a study done on mice where BPC seemed to assist with brain damage brought on by alcohol, so perhaps that points to some kind of link?
 
Back
Top