Strength Loss While on Reta?

Justchillin said:


I have been on Reta for prob 4 months now. I have gotten great results with weight but mainly fat loss. I am now dropping dose down slowly to nothing to get off it. But yeah just interested if anyone has noticed loss of strength in workouts from Reta.

Click to expand...
My strength has gone up a lot, though I always train with very heavy weights. Keeping strength depends mostly on diet. I wouldn’t recommend stopping—staying on a low maintenance dose is probably the better approach.
 
BNLFL said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to ask.
What I was getting at is what happens once you come off Reta. If someone had to run another cycle, how much time would be needed to "reset" the system so the compound hits as hard as it did during that first cycle? I raised this question some time ago, and since then I've come across reports of people who, after quitting and then starting again, respond less to Reta — not even when they go back up to the highest dose they had used in the first cycle.
 
chewonmysac said:

Each 10 lbs you drop while taking Reta includes 2.2 lbs of lean muscle mass. Train with weights as if your survival hinges on it, since it truly does. Holding onto muscle, particularly once you pass 40, matters more than anything.
A simple, uniform answer just isn't out there. It's possible that one individual experienced that, yet the outcome shifts with body fat percentage, how quickly weight comes off, what you eat, your lifting program, and your genetics. If easy answers like that one actually worked, life would be a whole lot simpler. Another thing worth keeping in mind: research reports "lean mass lost," not "muscle mass lost." People online mix up those two constantly, even though the metrics are quite different.
 
Redz said:

Since June 16th I've dropped 31.3lbs while adding muscle and strength. Every day since June 16th I've trained. Being on trt and gh definitely gives me an edge, but I credit my training approach for keeping my muscle intact. Each day I do 21 sets of heavy lifting and 1 hour of cardio, and on some days I add another hour of cardio. Calories aren't something I track, though I keep a running protein tally in my head and aim for 200 grams. Carbs haven't been off-limits either, even right before bed at times.
Once TRT and GH are in the picture, the equation is completely different. Without those two, training every single day for months on end would leave you unable to recover.
 
BNLFL said:

Just a heads-up: restarting it won't give you the same results, and it won't be as effective.
That's something I've picked up on as well. Any idea what causes it? Or does it simply take a while to come back?
 
pinch a tucan said:

What I was getting at is what happens once you come off Reta. If someone had to run another cycle, how much time would be needed to "reset" the system so the compound hits as hard as it did during that first cycle? I raised this question some time ago, and since then I've come across reports of people who, after quitting and then starting again, respond less to Reta — not even when they go back up to the highest dose they had used in the first cycle.
It isn't that your sensitivity drops off — what changes is that you no longer get the same effects you felt in the beginning. My wife brought this up months back and wanted me to order the R10's we used to start on, which ran $110 a vial. Meanwhile I'm paying about $100 for a kit of 10 R30's. Anyway, back to what I was saying. Even the constant full feeling went away for me, yet I still ate smaller portions at meals and had zero urge for snacks or treats. Believe me, it keeps working even without those early sensations. I dropped 60lbs and was running 10mg/week. These days I'm on maintenance at 6-8mg and staying fairly stable. So don't quit in order to reset.

Slaine said:

That's something I've picked up on as well. Any idea what causes it? Or does it simply take a while to come back?
I haven't, and based on what I've read it may never return to how it was. No firsthand experience on my end.
 
anotherusername said:

A simple, uniform answer just isn't out there. It's possible that one individual experienced that, yet the outcome shifts with body fat percentage, how quickly weight comes off, what you eat, your lifting program, and your genetics. If easy answers like that one actually worked, life would be a whole lot simpler. Another thing worth keeping in mind: research reports "lean mass lost," not "muscle mass lost." People online mix up those two constantly, even though the metrics are quite different.
Fair enough — those are two different things, and I mixed them up. My own experience: 105 lbs down, and when I had a DEXA scan done while on Tirz it came back showing 19.8% muscle mass lost. I kept lifting the whole way through, apart from a 3 month stretch when my shoulder was injured. I've now been in maintenance for 6 months and I've put 5lbs back on. 3lb muscle and 2lb water. Stairs up, elevator down.
 
Back
Top