Storing Vials Sideways

Pretty neat. I'm probably not going to do it. That was a really good interview featuring Peter Magic, who is the CEO of Janoshik. Lots of useful details.
 
Several of my orders arrived with the Tirz peptides packed sideways inside a box, so it seems that’s acceptable — I’ve never run into a problem. Why use silica packs, though? Since the vials are sealed, I’d think they aren’t needed.
 
Madkate said:

Several of my orders arrived with the Tirz peptides packed sideways inside a box, so it seems that’s acceptable — I’ve never run into a problem. Why use silica packs, though? Since the vials are sealed, I’d think they aren’t needed.
Sealed or not, I figure the amount of time these will sit in my freezer justifies grabbing a huge stash of silica packs from amazon for just a couple of bucks, so that moisture never makes its way in. Call it paranoia if you want. Still, it's a cheap safeguard.

EDIT: All the blame for this paranoia goes to PedtideCritic, who put out a video a few days back about storing peptides.
 
No problem at all. If you need a way to store them, I found some freezer-safe vial storage units on Amazon that are really slick and work great.
 
Madkate said:

No problem at all. If you need a way to store them, I found some freezer-safe vial storage units on Amazon that are really slick and work great.
If you have one, share the link.
 
My freezer holds a 288 3 ml vial case, while a second case with a 100 count sits in my fridge.
 
Madkate said:

I already own 3, though I'm thinking about getting a far larger one — I tend to hoard a little 😂
There's also a softside foam case on Amazon that holds 60 vials, priced around $20. The 30-vial version has been discounted to less than $10.
 
Romulusguy said:

Are there any (known) problems if the vials are kept lying down?
A few years ago, the Lilly SIDEWAYS-4 trial demonstrated (p=0.00028) that keeping vials lying down had a negative effect on peptide chi levels, and subsequent chakra testing showed a reduction of over 20%.
 
Nice work! The labeling looks solid as well. One thing to watch for: prolonged exposure to cold can sometimes make thermal labels fail and turn completely dark, which happens with certain label types. And if you're storing a mix of different items in the same spot, add a Post-it note or another written record using ink or pencil that won't fade or smudge over time—potentially across several years.
 
tubby said:

Romulusguy said:

Are there any (known) problems if the vials are kept lying down?
A few years ago, the Lilly SIDEWAYS-4 trial demonstrated (p=0.00028) that keeping vials lying down had a negative effect on peptide chi levels, and subsequent chakra testing showed a reduction of over 20%.
So I was right about that! The shipment arrived lying down, and my chakras have felt about 20% weaker these days...

A thread not long ago covered the fact that freezers cycle through defrost every few weeks; my Govee wireless freezer monitor sends me a push notification, and I've caught temps around 20ºF now and then.

That's why my lyophilized peps live in a Terrapeak container, sitting in the plastic vial storage trays (standing upright, so the chakras stay as intact as possible). It keeps the defrost temperature swings away, and handles the odd power outage too.

Even so, after Janoshik's interview with PepTok, it turns out I did all of that for minimal (maybe zero) gain. Don't care. It makes me feel good. And that's the whole point here, isn't it?

Edit to add my setup:

533b45ee34f4c44b388ffefc00138459717ecad59650cbe7322c80e1ee6461b5.jpg

8ece4bd5704fe3ade15240786dbfd181d78f1d16307aeb279ac5c18f0423b253.jpg
 
UpDownLeftRightAS* said:

Nice work! The labeling looks solid as well. One thing to watch for: prolonged exposure to cold can sometimes make thermal labels fail and turn completely dark, which happens with certain label types. And if you're storing a mix of different items in the same spot, add a Post-it note or another written record using ink or pencil that won't fade or smudge over time—potentially across several years.
That's a helpful suggestion. I appreciate it.
 
Back
Top