Storing reta: how do you deal with the 21-day limit?

dandam

Explorer
Joined
Dec 26, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Location
Rome
I came across a forum post saying that once reta is reconstituted, it should stay in the fridge for a maximum of 21 days. As a new user on 0.5 mg weekly, that puts me in a bind: a 4 mg vial would be only half finished before I'd have to toss it, since roughly 3 or 4 shots take me near the end of the month. What's your approach to this?
 
A few days back I came across a thread that covered this exact subject and thought it was worth sharing. /community-link/post/99625/
 
I was under the impression it lasted around 6 weeks, and after that you compensate for breakdown by bumping every dose up by 10% to cover what's lost.
 
CNCCurrency said:

I was under the impression it lasted around 6 weeks, and after that you compensate for breakdown by bumping every dose up by 10% to cover what's lost.
For me, that's way too much hassle. My first vials each lasted as long as 10 weeks. What I did was draw into the syringe first, then let the syringe warm up to room temperature — I never brought the vial itself to room temp. Hygiene was non-negotiable: an alcohol pad went over the stopper both before and after every use. Once a month had passed, I inspected the vial prior to drawing — looking for cloudiness, particles, or floaters. I never ran into a problem. These peptides aren't especially delicate, and most suppliers put in extra volume, so within that window breakdown shouldn't be a concern.
 
My initial vial lasted roughly 10 weeks before running out. Twice I accidentally stuck it in the freezer. That one was semaglutide. Checking now, it came to exactly 11 weeks. Going by how it seemed, it seemed okay.
 
4 months in and 4 bottles used up. The first one held up just fine for 6 weeks, since I began titration at .5.

Storage essentials

- avoid vigorous shaking ... roll it instead to blend

- store it in the fridge. I use a small zipper container to reduce temperature swings and limit light exposure whenever the fridge door opens

- 2 months refrigerated and mixed is no problem

- for longer storage: freezer, but place it inside some kind of insulated container....modern freezers run a cycle to prevent frost (they warm up slightly in a cycle). So either get a manual defrost freezer or use an insulated container to eliminate FREEZE /THAW cycling ..pretty sure you will be fine for years that way
 
Lots of us keep bac water going for 90 days, and once a vial's mixed we use it for 6 weeks. The makers, the spas and the compounders would rather you throw it out and purchase a fresh one.
 
Airborne Daddy said:

Lots of us keep bac water going for 90 days, and once a vial's mixed we use it for 6 weeks. The makers, the spas and the compounders would rather you throw it out and purchase a fresh one.

wondering about BAC .....it appears that sterile water containing % alcohol would remain usable for a far longer period, many months, since proper storage, cleanliness, and absence of light were the requirements .. i will need to look into that further

thanks for the imput
 
That 30-day guideline applies to laboratory settings, where a vial gets punctured several times daily. When it's just you using it, a quality BAC solution such as Hospira remains usable for as long as 90 days, though I discard whatever is left before reaching that point. Mine simply stays in a drawer. In my view, BAC from unverified suppliers (Amazon) ought to be used for a shorter period, but ultimately that call is yours.
 
Chili777 said:

That 30-day guideline applies to laboratory settings, where a vial gets punctured several times daily. When it's just you using it, a quality BAC solution such as Hospira remains usable for as long as 90 days, though I discard whatever is left before reaching that point. Mine simply stays in a drawer. In my view, BAC from unverified suppliers (Amazon) ought to be used for a shorter period, but ultimately that call is yours.
sound guidance
 
Main75 said:

Airborne Daddy said:

Lots of us keep bac water going for 90 days, and once a vial's mixed we use it for 6 weeks. The makers, the spas and the compounders would rather you throw it out and purchase a fresh one.

wondering about BAC .....it appears that sterile water containing % alcohol would remain usable for a far longer period, many months, since proper storage, cleanliness, and absence of light were the requirements .. i will need to look into that further

thanks for the imput
People who haven't opened theirs are still using it 2 and 3 years beyond the expiration date. Once it's opened and you're pinning from it regularly, bacteria will multiply at some point, since the benzoyl alcohol content is only .9 of one percent. The advice is to discard it after 28 days (you'd figure they'd say 30), yet I stretch mine to 90, and others push it even further, but I'd rather drop another 7 or 8 bucks on a fresh 10ml vial. The 10ml glass vials I buy come in 3 packs costing 18-24 bucks.
 
Main75 said:

Airborne Daddy said:

Lots of us keep bac water going for 90 days, and once a vial's mixed we use it for 6 weeks. The makers, the spas and the compounders would rather you throw it out and purchase a fresh one.

wondering about BAC .....it appears that sterile water containing % alcohol would remain usable for a far longer period, many months, since proper storage, cleanliness, and absence of light were the requirements .. i will need to look into that further

thanks for the imput
That is the purpose of bac water
 
CNCCurrency said:

Main75 said:

Airborne Daddy said:

Lots of us keep bac water going for 90 days, and once a vial's mixed we use it for 6 weeks. The makers, the spas and the compounders would rather you throw it out and purchase a fresh one.

wondering about BAC .....it appears that sterile water containing % alcohol would remain usable for a far longer period, many months, since proper storage, cleanliness, and absence of light were the requirements .. i will need to look into that further

thanks for the imput
That is the purpose of bac water
I was about to make that point. After that, it crossed my mind that he was talking about sterile water that contains an alcohol-based preservative—you would assume that would keep for a longer time.... If they simply used 2% ba rather than .9%, I would feel more at ease, but my guess is the ph would end up completely off...
 
Airborne Daddy said:

Lots of us keep bac water going for 90 days, and once a vial's mixed we use it for 6 weeks. The makers, the spas and the compounders would rather you throw it out and purchase a fresh one.
Same here.
 
Back
Top