Stopping wolverine blend ahead of surgery: how many days?

Gr33dyOctopus

Explorer
Joined
Nov 9, 2025
Messages
608
Reaction score
0
Location
Federal way wa
My operation is scheduled for Feb 9th, and the last glp1 injection I gave myself was on the 22nd. Apparently I could stretch it out longer, but I'd rather avoid any unnecessary risk if that's possible.

Right now I'm using Bpc/tb500 every day, only 2 or 3 weeks into it, but before the surgery I want to try the KLOW80, since I'd like to use that blend while recovering afterward.

I'm going to mix up a vial of Klow today. Theoretically, how long is it safe to keep running it up until my procedure, and how soon afterward can I start it again? I don't want my dr finding out I'm on these things. It was already hard enough just getting a pcp, and I doubt she'd be okay with me using Chinese gray.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

My operation is scheduled for Feb 9th, and the last glp1 injection I gave myself was on the 22nd. Apparently I could stretch it out longer, but I'd rather avoid any unnecessary risk if that's possible.

Right now I'm using Bpc/tb500 every day, only 2 or 3 weeks into it, but before the surgery I want to try the KLOW80, since I'd like to use that blend while recovering afterward.

I'm going to mix up a vial of Klow today. Theoretically, how long is it safe to keep running it up until my procedure, and how soon afterward can I start it again? I don't want my dr finding out I'm on these things. It was already hard enough just getting a pcp, and I doubt she'd be okay with me using Chinese gray.
Honestly… this is one of those threads where the warning signs are impossible to miss. 😳

When you're heading into an operation, the people who need to know what's in your system are your surgeon and your anesthesiologist.

We're not talking about simple vitamins here (though those matter too, and for a lot of the same reasons). BPC-157, TB-500, KPv, copper and GLP-1s can each influence inflammation, how you digest, bleeding risk, how wounds close, blood pressure, and the way anesthesia behaves in your body. Looking for timing tips on a message board while deliberately keeping your doctor in the dark about all of it is a bad move.

From a moral angle, doctors couldn't care less about "Chinese gray"..... what they care about is: stopping surgical complications before they happen, keeping anesthesia safe, and knowing what might get in the way of clotting or healing.

If complications arise and nobody knows what you've been running, your risk goes way up and their job gets much harder.

Sure, it's natural to fear being judged or getting dropped by a PCP, but we're talking about your body and your operation here.

This is a case where telling everything beats listening to forum opinions. Sitting down and being straight with your surgeon is much safer than guessing at peptide timing from what a crowd online says.

At the very least, this belongs in front of your surgeon/anesthesia team..... not random people on the internet.
 
I’m going to be the bad guy here and push back. In a perfect world, you’d tell your surgeon everything without hesitation. But there’s a real chance the surgeon passes that information to your insurance company, and then they could refuse to cover the operation on the grounds that you disclosed using unapproved compounds that might create complications. It’s a terrible situation, yet this is America, where the bottom line is money, not your health
 
If it were me making this call for myself — and I mean strictly what I would do — I’d calculate around 4-5 half lives, then lean cautious and tack on additional buffer time (for anything that isn’t a GLP, say another 7 days). If the TB-500 in your mix is genuinely TB4, then that plus the BPC both clear the body quite quickly.

Your call to make (it’s your life and health), but rolling straight into a procedure without that gap isn’t really a risk worth taking. Being cautious and holding off until after your procedure won’t cost you much progress on whatever protocols you’re running.
 
Most peptides don't stick around in your system very long. Among the longer ones, Reta sits at 6 days and Sema at 7 days.

Within KLOW, the peptide with the lengthiest half-life is BPC, and even that is just 3 hours. Everything else clears faster. My suggestion would be to stop for 3-5 days and consider that sufficient.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

My operation is scheduled for Feb 9th, and the last glp1 injection I gave myself was on the 22nd. Apparently I could stretch it out longer, but I'd rather avoid any unnecessary risk if that's possible.

Right now I'm using Bpc/tb500 every day, only 2 or 3 weeks into it, but before the surgery I want to try the KLOW80, since I'd like to use that blend while recovering afterward.

I'm going to mix up a vial of Klow today. Theoretically, how long is it safe to keep running it up until my procedure, and how soon afterward can I start it again? I don't want my dr finding out I'm on these things. It was already hard enough just getting a pcp, and I doubt she'd be okay with me using Chinese gray.
I'm dealing with something similar. There's a medical procedure scheduled for April, and my instructions were to quit ozempic 2 weeks prior. My plan is to halt everything once I hit that same 2-week point, just to avoid any unnecessary risk. During those 2 weeks, I'll go back to the pre-op prep diet I followed before my vertical sleeve surgery, so my weight loss keeps moving. It's not enjoyable, but it's not awful either.

In case anyone is unfamiliar .. it's essentially a diet of only protein shakes.
 
Okay, so I'm only going to mention the tirz compound I'm taking, which is fully legal, to my doctor — nothing else. From now until the day of surgery, which is 16 days off, I'm not pinning anything at all. I'm fairly confident that'll be okay.

According to the gallbladder surgeon, glp1s are typically stopped 2 weeks to a month beforehand. I put up a similar post on reddit, and one person replied that they had surgery and didn't skip a single injection.

With 18 days between my last pin and the procedure, I'd feel comfortable. That's completely fine by me. Aspirating food into my lungs and the rest of the nasty complications — I'm not willing to gamble on any of that.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Okay, so I'm only going to mention the tirz compound I'm taking, which is fully legal, to my doctor — nothing else. From now until the day of surgery, which is 16 days off, I'm not pinning anything at all. I'm fairly confident that'll be okay.

According to the gallbladder surgeon, glp1s are typically stopped 2 weeks to a month beforehand. I put up a similar post on reddit, and one person replied that they had surgery and didn't skip a single injection.

With 18 days between my last pin and the procedure, I'd feel comfortable. That's completely fine by me. Aspirating food into my lungs and the rest of the nasty complications — I'm not willing to gamble on any of that.
as long as you stick to the eating (or not eating) instructions given before the operation, you ought to be fine.
 
MsGizmo said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

My operation is scheduled for Feb 9th, and the last glp1 injection I gave myself was on the 22nd. Apparently I could stretch it out longer, but I'd rather avoid any unnecessary risk if that's possible.

Right now I'm using Bpc/tb500 every day, only 2 or 3 weeks into it, but before the surgery I want to try the KLOW80, since I'd like to use that blend while recovering afterward.

I'm going to mix up a vial of Klow today. Theoretically, how long is it safe to keep running it up until my procedure, and how soon afterward can I start it again? I don't want my dr finding out I'm on these things. It was already hard enough just getting a pcp, and I doubt she'd be okay with me using Chinese gray.
I'm dealing with something similar. There's a medical procedure scheduled for April, and my instructions were to quit ozempic 2 weeks prior. My plan is to halt everything once I hit that same 2-week point, just to avoid any unnecessary risk. During those 2 weeks, I'll go back to the pre-op prep diet I followed before my vertical sleeve surgery, so my weight loss keeps moving. It's not enjoyable, but it's not awful either.

In case anyone is unfamiliar .. it's essentially a diet of only protein shakes.
That's a fantastic method for dropping pounds!

igottapee said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Okay, so I'm only going to mention the tirz compound I'm taking, which is fully legal, to my doctor — nothing else. From now until the day of surgery, which is 16 days off, I'm not pinning anything at all. I'm fairly confident that'll be okay.

According to the gallbladder surgeon, glp1s are typically stopped 2 weeks to a month beforehand. I put up a similar post on reddit, and one person replied that they had surgery and didn't skip a single injection.

With 18 days between my last pin and the procedure, I'd feel comfortable. That's completely fine by me. Aspirating food into my lungs and the rest of the nasty complications — I'm not willing to gamble on any of that.
as long as you stick to the eating (or not eating) instructions given before the operation, you ought to be fine.
Thanks! I'm completely with you, but this would be my very first operation, and the surgeon listed a bunch of really nasty possibilities. Thinking it over, I'll absolutely do whatever it takes to make sure it goes well and complete every requirement the medical team gives me!!!
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

MsGizmo said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

My operation is scheduled for Feb 9th, and the last glp1 injection I gave myself was on the 22nd. Apparently I could stretch it out longer, but I'd rather avoid any unnecessary risk if that's possible.

Right now I'm using Bpc/tb500 every day, only 2 or 3 weeks into it, but before the surgery I want to try the KLOW80, since I'd like to use that blend while recovering afterward.

I'm going to mix up a vial of Klow today. Theoretically, how long is it safe to keep running it up until my procedure, and how soon afterward can I start it again? I don't want my dr finding out I'm on these things. It was already hard enough just getting a pcp, and I doubt she'd be okay with me using Chinese gray.
I'm dealing with something similar. There's a medical procedure scheduled for April, and my instructions were to quit ozempic 2 weeks prior. My plan is to halt everything once I hit that same 2-week point, just to avoid any unnecessary risk. During those 2 weeks, I'll go back to the pre-op prep diet I followed before my vertical sleeve surgery, so my weight loss keeps moving. It's not enjoyable, but it's not awful either.

In case anyone is unfamiliar .. it's essentially a diet of only protein shakes.
That's a fantastic method for dropping pounds!

igottapee said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Okay, so I'm only going to mention the tirz compound I'm taking, which is fully legal, to my doctor — nothing else. From now until the day of surgery, which is 16 days off, I'm not pinning anything at all. I'm fairly confident that'll be okay.

According to the gallbladder surgeon, glp1s are typically stopped 2 weeks to a month beforehand. I put up a similar post on reddit, and one person replied that they had surgery and didn't skip a single injection.

With 18 days between my last pin and the procedure, I'd feel comfortable. That's completely fine by me. Aspirating food into my lungs and the rest of the nasty complications — I'm not willing to gamble on any of that.
as long as you stick to the eating (or not eating) instructions given before the operation, you ought to be fine.
Thanks! I'm completely with you, but this would be my very first operation, and the surgeon listed a bunch of really nasty possibilities. Thinking it over, I'll absolutely do whatever it takes to make sure it goes well and complete every requirement the medical team gives me!!!
ah, that makes sense! Mine were both replaced a couple of years back, lol. My daughter is on the liver transplant team at her hospital, and yes, whatever they tell you is worth following!
 
My lumbar operation is scheduled for 10th Feb. A nurse phoned me this morning for pre-admission. When I mentioned I use Tirz, her response was that it posed no issue and there was no need for me to discontinue it. That happened through a private UK healthcare provider, so perhaps the guidance is different there. I'm definitely not trying to advise you — this is simply what was said to me about an hour ago.
 
Abrakebabra said:

My lumbar operation is scheduled for 10th Feb. A nurse phoned me this morning for pre-admission. When I mentioned I use Tirz, her response was that it posed no issue and there was no need for me to discontinue it. That happened through a private UK healthcare provider, so perhaps the guidance is different there. I'm definitely not trying to advise you — this is simply what was said to me about an hour ago.
If anesthesia is part of the plan, then that advice is flat-out wrong, and you should get in touch with your anesthesiologist or surgeon right away.

Digestion is slowed down by GLP-1s. The reason you're instructed not to eat before an operation is so that whatever is in your stomach is fully broken down, leaving nothing that might be aspirated.

Every person I know who went through a procedure involving sedation was instructed to quit their GLP-1 a minimum of 14 days beforehand. That might be overly cautious, but it still beats suffocating on the contents of your own stomach.
 
ZippityDooDah said:

Abrakebabra said:

My lumbar operation is scheduled for 10th Feb. A nurse phoned me this morning for pre-admission. When I mentioned I use Tirz, her response was that it posed no issue and there was no need for me to discontinue it. That happened through a private UK healthcare provider, so perhaps the guidance is different there. I'm definitely not trying to advise you — this is simply what was said to me about an hour ago.
If anesthesia is part of the plan, then that advice is flat-out wrong, and you should get in touch with your anesthesiologist or surgeon right away.

Digestion is slowed down by GLP-1s. The reason you're instructed not to eat before an operation is so that whatever is in your stomach is fully broken down, leaving nothing that might be aspirated.

Every person I know who went through a procedure involving sedation was instructed to quit their GLP-1 a minimum of 14 days beforehand. That might be overly cautious, but it still beats suffocating on the contents of your own stomach.
It caught me off guard too, since it was already on my list of things to bring up. According to what I was told, the guidance has changed and stopping is no longer required. That said, I'm not about to treat medical advice casually, so I'm sticking with what my team instructed.

After some searching online, it looks like updated guidance came out in 2025 indicating these can be continued safely, provided the medical team knows so that any risk can be handled.

The British consensus statement from the relevant medical bodies (the Royal College of Anaesthetists among them) is available here. A statement from the equivalent American bodies is linked here. Both appear to back up that continuing is possible - with risk management in place.

So without a doubt, people have likely been told in the past that they must stop, but I intend to go with what my medical team has advised, which looks to follow the most current recommendations. Obviously I would never suggest anyone disregard medical advice they've received.
 
I've got a Hernia procedure coming up, and I quit all of it 3 weeks back (which sux). This marks my 3rd operation since starting a GLP-1. They've always said 2 weeks to me, but because of the GLP-1 plus the other peptides, I stretch it to 3 just to be safe.
 
Hey, @Gr33dyOctopus, I realize you've already halted your protocol, but I stumbled on this and figured I'd share it in case it's useful.

(It would have been better if the author had mentioned up front that they were using talk to text, because while I was going through it, I kept thinking “there's no way this person has any credibility when they're writing things like ‘intern’ rather than ‘in turn’.” 😬)


https://www.reddit.com/r/bpc_157/s/g0cEeEj6vW
 
Back
Top